Digital Art Zone

Looking For: M4 eyebrow transmaps
Posted: 10 July 2012 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2006-04-15

Yeah, yeah, I can hear you already… ‘Who uses the M4 eyebrows? Just paint it on the skin!’ I use the M4 eyebrows, because I’m a lazy git, and I’d rather not have a billion versions of every skin I have… just the original texture and the one I painted the eyebrows off of.

So, yeah. Has anyone done a package of eyebrows for M4?

*looks around* *expects to hear a lot of crickets*

[=EDIT=] So, because somebody else is going to ask about this, eventually… give me links, and I’ll stick them up here in the first post.
DAZ Store
- Brock for the Freak 4
- Trystan for M4
- Giacomo for Michael 4 and Hiro 4

Renderosity
- SAV Dante

ShareCG
- Elvis

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!

Posted: 10 July 2012 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

As this is something I went on a rip about at the time of the M4 release, let me fill you in. M4’s eyebrows are a separate mesh, it is screwed up missing most of M4’s face morphs, so rather then fix it, DAZ just dropped transmapped eyebrows from M4/V4.

Not saying you wont find a trans map eye for M4’s eyebrows, but it will only work with M4’s stock face. I don’t have a DAZ skin for M4 that has an eye brow transmap; and I have the high rez skins.

Posted: 10 July 2012 06:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5761
Joined  2006-02-20

Brock:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/brock-for-the-freak-4/

Elvis
http://www.sharecg.com/v/39754/

I don’t know for which the transmaps are ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 10 July 2012 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2005-10-16
ManStan - 10 July 2012 06:34 AM

As this is something I went on a rip about at the time of the M4 release, let me fill you in. M4’s eyebrows are a separate mesh, it is screwed up missing most of M4’s face morphs, so rather then fix it, DAZ just dropped transmapped eyebrows from M4/V4.

Interesting, I wasn’t aware of that. Kinda disconcerting actually.

Signature 

Gone.

Posted: 10 July 2012 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3378
Joined  2009-08-05

I use Sav Dante eyebrows

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=85265

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 10 July 2012 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14035
Joined  2003-10-09
jmper - 10 July 2012 07:51 AM
ManStan - 10 July 2012 06:34 AM

Interesting, I wasn’t aware of that. Kinda disconcerting actually.

I can’t recall the details, but we did discuss this on a previous occasion and I’m pretty sure MS is wrong - though there may be an ERC issue that requires manually tweaking some settings - it’s possible that saved poses were applying the morphs both directly and through ERC from the ehad, resulting in a double effect (which is a simple fix).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 10 July 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2006-04-15
Richard Haseltine - 10 July 2012 12:48 PM

I can’t recall the details, but we did discuss this on a previous occasion and I’m pretty sure MS is wrong - though there may be an ERC issue that requires manually tweaking some settings - it’s possible that saved poses were applying the morphs both directly and through ERC from the ehad, resulting in a double effect (which is a simple fix).

Oh, there’s definitely something screwed up in there, but pissing around with the dials a little usually fixes it. It’s a rare case that I can’t pop the eyebrows back out of the face.

Thanks for the links!

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!

Posted: 10 July 2012 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Still something that should have been fixed that never got fixed. If I recall I was told there was no need of them because no one used transmapped eyebrows. There for DAZ didn’t see it as an issue that needed to be fixed.
You can guess who told me that wink

Posted: 10 July 2012 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2010-12-13

You might want to look into the Drow type characters. You can’t have a decent Drow without big bushy eyebrows. LOL Although the V4 maps might not work on M4 (maybe they do?), you can get the low down on actually using them in this package:
http://www.sharecg.com/v/35474/View/11/Poser/V4-Drow-Verin-Ssinss-Heads-and-Bodies

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

[ Daz figures      PC vs Mac ]