2 of 2
AFTER BURNER of love
Posted: 11 July 2012 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17
Roygee - 11 July 2012 02:03 AM

Richard - your model sure looks good enough to me for you to sell - really well done grin

OK, so you know where the flaws are, so you would be able to fix - if the tri’s bother you and you can’t figure how to fix, pop over to the Hex forum with some close-ups - I’m sure there will be advice there for you.

Which brings me to a question long pondered - how does copyright apply in a situation where we make replica models and want to share - either as freebies or for sale?  I have made a few and would like to share, but don’t want the military-industrial complex coming after me for my pension.grin

At least in the US, items designed with taxpayer money are in the Public Domain.  Military tech likenesses should fall into this.  I don’t believe (but I am not a lawyer) that property of the US Gov’t can be trademarked.  Other nation’s laws may be different.

Keep in mind that the US Military doesn’t design much themselves anymore, so what is and isn’t US Gov’t Property can be quite a bit of research.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 11 July 2012 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  631
Joined  2010-09-22

I checked with the copy right office.. ANy creative work that you PRODUCE and or output it technically copy right protected automatically. BUT if you copy right it with their office it just gives you a one up on any litigation if you decide to sue some one for unauthorized use of said property!

Posted: 11 July 2012 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-22
Kendall Sears - 10 July 2012 06:58 PM
RichardChaos - 10 July 2012 06:41 PM

LOL@ you can explode it all day long!

What program are you gunna use it in? What format do you need?

It sure would be easy if you were using carrara as all the Texture maps and stuff would work correctly

I did use a DCG plugin called Anything Goos on some of the Landing gear structures but thats no biggie!

Also give me a e-mail address

I have just about everything.  Of course, all of the free DAZ stuff, and Carrara 8pro (and 8.5).  My email is in my profile.  Do you want the morphs back?  We intend to do:  R Wing tear off,  L Wing tear off, Tail Explode, and head on with a SAM.  grin

Kendall

OAKY first I want to send you a wire frame via the forum for you to look at and I have about an hour left on a render.. so I will send soon as thats dome.. ALSO you said you would like to explode the WING! That fine with me BUT the geometry of MY wing is preety basic and if I am correctthe exploder tears existing polies part! and your probably gunna have to make a secondary WING with lots of geometry and do a few east tricks in Carara to pull it off.. I DID that exact thing on this very old animation I did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcnlyD7QNU4

go to section 1:44 for the flak hits! The tail section was done with texture maps but the WING was an additional hidden wing with geometry

Posted: 11 July 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
RichardChaos - 11 July 2012 07:26 AM
Kendall Sears - 10 July 2012 06:58 PM
RichardChaos - 10 July 2012 06:41 PM

LOL@ you can explode it all day long!

What program are you gunna use it in? What format do you need?

It sure would be easy if you were using carrara as all the Texture maps and stuff would work correctly

I did use a DCG plugin called Anything Goos on some of the Landing gear structures but thats no biggie!

Also give me a e-mail address

I have just about everything.  Of course, all of the free DAZ stuff, and Carrara 8pro (and 8.5).  My email is in my profile.  Do you want the morphs back?  We intend to do:  R Wing tear off,  L Wing tear off, Tail Explode, and head on with a SAM.  grin

Kendall

OAKY first I want to send you a wire frame via the forum for you to look at and I have about an hour left on a render.. so I will send soon as thats dome.. ALSO you said you would like to explode the WING! That fine with me BUT the geometry of MY wing is preety basic and if I am correctthe exploder tears existing polies part! and your probably gunna have to make a secondary WING with lots of geometry and do a few east tricks in Carara to pull it off.. I DID that exact thing on this very old animation I did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcnlyD7QNU4

go to section 1:44 for the flak hits! The tail section was done with texture maps but the WING was an additional hidden wing with geometry

Depending on the geometry I may take it into Maya for some “creative” work.  I can’t promise that I’ll keep the current polycount grin.  Any mods I make to the model I’ll send back to you.  Without seeing what you have I’m not real sure exactly which direction I’ll go.

Initially my thoughts are to disassociate the wing from the fuselage and then translate the wing to an appropriate position/attitude for a wing shear.  My thoughts are to provide for a morph for animating when the geometries are in close proximity, and then go to a separate wing object, if necessary, after that.  As to shrapnel or debris, I have many options, but I’d prefer to look at the current geometry before I make plans.

For the tail separation, I hope to try to model a “hit” by a sidewinder class AAM, or maybe a lower hit from a SAM.  Exactly which hasn’t yet been determined as that part of the storyline keeps changing.  It’s possible that I may end up doing both.  In either case, the polycount on the rear fuselage/tail section is going to increase grin.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 12 July 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-22

Heres a couple of wireframes from the vertex room! See how simple!

Image Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg

Posted: 12 July 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
RichardChaos - 12 July 2012 03:58 PM

Heres a couple of wireframes from the vertex room! See how simple!

Nice.  It should be easy to do what I need with this.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 12 July 2012 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-22

What format do you need? Do you want the texture maps? CARRARA can save ALL Internally so there is only one Carrara file with all the maps in it. I ma not sure about HOW the maps and their UVs will translate to oteher programs

Posted: 15 July 2012 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

Hi Richard,
  Have you seen my PM?

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7277
Joined  2009-07-13

I would only horrify you with the sort of riddiculous parody video I would make using your excellent model tongue wink
it deserves better!
you have seen my videos!
but
I would love a go at retargeting the bones of your crew for animation in iClone, prob a dance video, if you shared them untextured and told me which Poser skins you used (I recalled you used some textures) that could work.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 July 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
wendy♥catz - 15 July 2012 09:33 AM

I would only horrify you with the sort of riddiculous parody video I would make using your excellent model tongue wink
it deserves better!
you have seen my videos!
but
I would love a go at retargeting the bones of your crew for animation in iClone, prob a dance video, if you shared them untextured and told me which Poser skins you used (I recalled you used some textures) that could work.

Ooh, ooh!  Articulatin airplanes!  Haven’t seen those since the Amiga days and Eric Schwartz’s “AeroToons”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhMig6onUqo

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7277
Joined  2009-07-13

no, I meant his rigged crew!
I would not make fun of his nicely built craft.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

2 of 2