Digital Art Zone

4 of 4
Seating etiquette at the movie theater
Posted: 07 September 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2010-01-27

One thing I’ve learned: Wiggly kids should not wear blinky shoes in a theater :D

Signature 

—————————-
“By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.”—Socrates
http://www.improbable.me
Using DS 4.5.0.114 Pro 64 bit poorly.

(Formerly Halfbubble)

Posted: 08 September 2012 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2008-12-16

I like to sit in that row that has the railing just in front so I can put my feet on it. If the theater is full, I will move for people to sit together as long as it doesn’t deprive me of the rail. If it does, I just tell them that I’m blind in my left eye (true) and that I have to sit where I’m sitting or it throws things off (not really true).
But, boy, this reminded me of something that happened a few years ago. I was flying across the US and on the Huston-Seattle leg, I went to my seat - the window seat - and found this old biddy sitting in my seat. Now a bit of background - I was just coming out of a divorce having unencumbered myself from a woman who always insisted on the window because she claimed she got sick without it (which I think wasn’t true, just one of her many manipulations) but being a good husband, I never made an issue even though I really love the window seat. I politely told the woman she was in my seat and first she pretended to not understand English, which I could tell she damn well could. They she tried playing the ‘old lady’ card, saying something about how she had a bad leg or something. Well, I’d booked that seat months before to make sure I had a window seat and I resented like mad her attempts to try and play on my emotions so I rather briskly told her she had to move - I’m a tall guy on top of everything else and the extra space in the window seat makes a big difference to my comfort. If she had a physical problem, she needed to take it up with the stewardess, not assume that I was just going to give up my seat without even being asked. I sat down, put on my headphones, pulled out a book and proceeded to ignore her for the duration of the flight and thoroughly enjoyed looking out the window.
Yea, kind of a rant, but I’ve never told that story to anyone and it seems it was still rattling around in my brain!

4 of 4