Digital Art Zone

Be careful of double-ordering an item.
Posted: 09 July 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2007-03-10

The site doesn’t seem to catch it when you order an item that you have already purchased. Fortunately I caught this one. It can be a problem because I have been seeing a lot of promotions for “older” products. The example I’m citing is the Speedlight Set Number 1.

Posted: 09 July 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15264
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, this is a known issue. it’s not something anyone is happy about, and it is hoped that a warning will be something that can be added, but for now it’s as well to bear it in mind.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 10 July 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1800
Joined  2008-05-31
pete.c44 - 09 July 2012 01:57 PM

The site doesn’t seem to catch it when you order an item that you have already purchased. Fortunately I caught this one. It can be a problem because I have been seeing a lot of promotions for “older” products. The example I’m citing is the Speedlight Set Number 1.

If you’re running Windows you can use this for checking for duplicates (it’s free):

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

It’s not 100% reliable because of occasional inconsistencies between product names in the store and in people’s histories but I believe it will catch at least 95% of the duplicates. Remember to read the Help file.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store