29 of 36
Black Is Beautiful II
Posted: 30 October 2013 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 421 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1251
Joined  2010-01-23
CalieVee - 30 October 2013 01:32 PM

And SickleYield just released the Genesis2 version of Die Trying Morphs.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/72792/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/DieTryings-182-Morphs-for-Genesis-2-Female

Ooh, thank you SickleYield - I use the Genesis version a lot!

Signature 

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club (Hirsute Division)

Posted: 31 October 2013 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 422 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  612
Joined  2012-02-07

Very glad that the DieTrying set for G2F is out.  Though that does call attention to the fact that there aren’t any darker freebie skins on the V5 UV.  Speaking of freebies, need to update the first post with some stuff.

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 31 October 2013 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 423 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5129
Joined  2008-03-06
ZamuelNow - 31 October 2013 12:06 PM

Very glad that the DieTrying set for G2F is out.  Though that does call attention to the fact that there aren’t any darker freebie skins on the V5 UV.  Speaking of freebies, need to update the first post with some stuff.

I’m using Reciecup’s Star with updated shaders for my promos, mostly.  It’s on V4 UV, which only reinforces your point, of course.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 31 October 2013 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 424 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

I had been meaning to ask what skin you used.  Almost thought it was a diffuse adjustment but those tend to be noticeable.

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 31 October 2013 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 425 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
ZamuelNow - 31 October 2013 12:49 PM

I had been meaning to ask what skin you used.  Almost thought it was a diffuse adjustment but those tend to be noticeable.

The one in the DieTrying promo is a shader adjustment of the free Bree skin for Genesis 2 Female.  I did more than just the diffuse - the specularity, the velvet, the SSS - but it’s still not quite right in for e.g. the palms of the hands and feet.  I went to the extra effort of properly setting up the Star skin for my Faces of Africa promos (which have not been shown anywhere yet ‘cause I just wrapped up an hour ago).

I haven’t done anything with Candace and G2F yet.  Has anyone?

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 01 November 2013 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 426 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

The original promos for Faces of Africa.  I won’t be able to use these (DAZ asked for a no-textures version) so I thought I would share them.

http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/art/Faces-of-Africa-Original-Promos-01-410853125
http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/art/Faces-of-Africa-Original-Promos-02-410853782

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 01 November 2013 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 427 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2012-11-06

Wow!  So many impressive renders in here!  Here is one I made way back when for the Stonemason contest.

Image Attachments
Impostor-HiRes-1600.jpg
 Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 01 November 2013 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 428 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
Geminii23 - 01 November 2013 03:39 PM

Wow!  So many impressive renders in here!  Here is one I made way back when for the Stonemason contest.

Really nice use of camera and composition to convey emotion.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 08 November 2013 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 429 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6358
Joined  2003-10-09

G2F with various morphs and Mahala textues.
“Jamila”

Image Attachments
Jamila.jpg
 Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 ft/sec, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.’” - Dave Barry

Posted: 14 November 2013 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 430 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

Updated the first post since People of Earth: Faces of Africa Genesis 2 Female(s) is now out.  I think Daz made a really poor judgement call on the promos but little I can do about that.  Still getting it when my paycheck comes in though.

Something I’ve noticed recently since I’ve been explicitly looking for it is that there’s incredibly few black females on the V5.  It’s an odd tradeoff where Genesis being able to use V4 out the box created a bit of a void for G2F on darker skinned characters (barring all the market reasons why there’s fewer anyways).

Signature 

Posted: 14 November 2013 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 431 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4938
Joined  2009-02-26

There isn’t very many currently, and is something I noticed also. V5 and V6. I hope it changes in the near future, Ive actually searched for them specifically a few times now lol

And Yeah, Sickles “Faces of Africa” another must buy smile

SickleYield - 01 November 2013 11:17 AM

The original promos for Faces of Africa.  I won’t be able to use these (DAZ asked for a no-textures version) so I thought I would share them.

http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/art/Faces-of-Africa-Original-Promos-01-410853125
http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/art/Faces-of-Africa-Original-Promos-02-410853782

Those are beautiful!  Such a shame Daz wanted them without textures, I like these much better.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 14 November 2013 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 432 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6358
Joined  2003-10-09

Untextured, it is impossible to even imagine (at least with my poor imagination) what the morphs look like; with the original promo art I can see what I’m getting. A bad call on someone’s part. They should have gone with SY’s original promos. The content creator’s instincts should be trusted. They are, after all, artists.

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 ft/sec, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.’” - Dave Barry

Posted: 14 November 2013 03:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 433 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4938
Joined  2009-02-26
tjohn - 14 November 2013 03:47 AM

Untextured, it is impossible to even imagine (at least with my poor imagination) what the morphs look like; with the original promo art I can see what I’m getting. A bad call on someone’s part. They should have gone with SY’s original promos. The content creator’s instincts should be trusted. They are, after all, artists.

Very well spoken. I agree 100%

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 14 November 2013 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 434 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

The conspiracy theorist in me would say that they didn’t want the skins due to the aforementioned lack of newer product.  However, in a more level headed level of thought can point out their flaws.

-It creates inconsistency with the Face of Asia product that’s already out.
-Like many vendors, SickleYield and Fuseling have a house style for their promos.  For those not already expecting this to come out, it’s hard to tell that it’s theirs.
-Daz is incredibly inconsistent with whether skins are or are not used for morph promos.  It’s worth pointing out that their own ethnic morphs for Genesis and V4/M4 use skin tones instead of grey.

I could see them proposing half and half—some grey and some skin toned—but not all grey.

Signature 

Posted: 14 November 2013 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 435 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1652
Joined  2008-11-10
Spyro - 14 November 2013 03:52 AM
tjohn - 14 November 2013 03:47 AM

Very well spoken. I agree 100%

I’m thinking there was a misunderstanding on the untextured version bit.

DAZ asks me for a untextured version of the morphs in my products to show the customers what the morphs look like without textures, as things such as diffuse, bump, etc can fool the customer in thinking the morph is detailed when it’s really not. However, I kept my original promos as well to show how it looks with textures as the artistic promos… so you see the artistic and main ones first, then what the morphs looks like without textures. I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t want the other promos as artistic, unless there was a misunderstanding and sickleyield deleted the original promos out of the submission and replaced them with only untextured ones.

Only issue would be if they can tell that the textures used weren’t up to the quality meeting the morphs, such as using a Caucasian texture and changing the diffuse to make it ethnic, which if she was using reciecups textures, I can understand. There’s plenty of truly ethnic skins available on DAZ where you don’t have to change diffuse on a Caucasian skin.

Just want to make that point so the speculation doesn’t get out of control.

29 of 36