Black Is Beautiful II
Posted: 13 April 2013 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 331 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1172
Joined  2009-01-09

A new one by John Barker at Renderosity: American Woman for V4

It’s ... Oprah.

I really can’t quite imagine myself using an Oprah model, but it is very well done. And very very clearly Oprah.

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 13 April 2013 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 332 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2005-10-21
ZamuelNow - 12 April 2013 08:16 PM

Now this is interesting.  A new merchant resource set that’s different than the same one or two often repeated bases from 3D.sk

Where, where….?!!! smile

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 13 April 2013 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 333 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2012-02-07

Oh, I added it to the first post but it would have made sense to link to it in my comment: Mst Merchant Resource Sa

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 13 April 2013 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 334 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-10-21

Thanks Zamuel, I found it shortly after my post when I read my regular emails. smile

Signature 

My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 17 April 2013 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 335 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3479
Joined  2012-02-06

While it’s not intended as an exact likeness, this was (I suppose obviously) inspired by one of the iconic images of the past several years. The character is a custom morph, with Zev0’s aging morphs, a bit of Benjamin for M5, and some of the Ethnicity morphs, among other things. No diffuse texture (the bump map is from Benjamin). Lighting is an UberArea light and a couple of colored spotlights.

Image Attachments
hope2c.jpg
 Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 20 April 2013 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 336 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

Neftis3D’s store is currently on sale and there’s a new voodoo inspired clothing set in Daz’s store.

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 20 April 2013 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 337 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2011-09-27

hi
I know I have been away for a while but I found the time to work on a image, well it is the same image from before but I think it is better that before, as always I would like to know what you think and ideas on how it could be better

thanks

Image Attachments
steam_punk_diva_1.jpg
 Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_03.png

Posted: 20 April 2013 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 338 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-10-21
ZamuelNow - 20 April 2013 10:37 AM

Neftis3D’s store is currently on sale and there’s a new voodoo inspired clothing set in Daz’s store.

....talking of which….wink  I really love this outfit!!

Image Attachments
maman_Brijit_Rendo.jpg
 Signature 

My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 20 April 2013 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 339 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2008-11-10

One of my S5 girls…

Image Attachments
DeborahPromo04.jpg

Posted: 21 April 2013 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 340 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2012-03-05

OMG!!!! Neo for David 5 looks fantastic! He has great skin and his lips look moist and very inviting. I just love him. I don’t know who created him but finally the African gets as much care and accurate details as the rest of the guys. Congrats to whoever took the time to make him right. Love it. !!!!

Posted: 21 April 2013 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 341 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-05

Hey Male-M3dia I love your S5 girl. Can you tell me what’s her hair. I love the way it looks on her.

Posted: 21 April 2013 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 342 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2008-11-10
LJWM - 21 April 2013 12:35 PM

Hey Male-M3dia I love your S5 girl. Can you tell me what’s her hair. I love the way it looks on her.

It’s a hair by SWAM, I think it’s on sale this weekend.

http://www.daz3d.com/pyrit-hair

Posted: 21 April 2013 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 343 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-05

I need some help. I’m working on a cover for a new book. Here is the summary.

Demetrius is lost. He exists in a world that is foreign and hostile and he longs to go home. Yet he can’t remember ever having one.  He is compelled to wonder the earth not knowing what he’s looking for but can’t stop longing to find. The people he encounters make him physically ill and even their sounds and smells causes him pain. 

But there is something else, a presence that is more terrifying then anything he has encountered with the people. He has no name for it but the evil is real and it will not give him a moments rest.

Danika is searching too. Her heart tells her there is something missing yet she doesn’t know what. The missing something is relentless and pulls at her contentment.  She knows she must find out what it is but without knowing what to look for how will she ever find it.

Here’s my problem. I have created this 3D art so far. I love the lighting and the poses. The figures look great but I just don’t like the background. I tried moving the figures to several different settings but when I change the lighting to fit the setting I don’t get the look as with this render. I want to keep it in this setting but I need something behind the male. Something like flame brushes of fire or lighting bolts…I don’t know something. I am willing to change the background and the setting but I can’t find something that I think is perfect.

I can’t figure out anything that will make this cover “pop”. If anyone has any ideas, please, please, please impart them to me. Thanks loads.

Image Attachments
DIVINA_MALLUM_lighting_2_Render_Post_work.jpg

Posted: 21 April 2013 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 344 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-05
Male-M3dia - 21 April 2013 12:39 PM
LJWM - 21 April 2013 12:35 PM

It’s a hair by SWAM, I think it’s on sale this weekend.

http://www.daz3d.com/pyrit-hair

Thanks so much. I will check it out. I have tons and tons of hair and it seems I only use about 5 of them consistently. Hair is my biggest problem with creating characters.

Posted: 21 April 2013 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 345 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
dune411412 - 20 April 2013 11:16 AM

hi
I know I have been away for a while but I found the time to work on a image, well it is the same image from before but I think it is better that before, as always I would like to know what you think and ideas on how it could be better

The textures and materials on the woman look fine.  The problem that immediately sticks out is the bike.  The motorcycle lacks any sort of metallic sheen to it so it doesn’t look like it fits the scene.  There’s a few freebie metal shaders floating around that could be of use.  BTW, which bike is that?  Might try to work on a more direct example.

LJWM - 21 April 2013 01:11 PM

I need some help. I’m working on a cover for a new book. Here is the summary.

-snip-

Here’s my problem. I have created this 3D art so far. I love the lighting and the poses. The figures look great but I just don’t like the background. I tried moving the figures to several different settings but when I change the lighting to fit the setting I don’t get the look as with this render. I want to keep it in this setting but I need something behind the male. Something like flame brushes of fire or lighting bolts…I don’t know something. I am willing to change the background and the setting but I can’t find something that I think is perfect.

I can’t figure out anything that will make this cover “pop”. If anyone has any ideas, please, please, please impart them to me. Thanks loads.

I’d say that there’s a color contrast problem.  A lot of white and grey is blending together so making either his clothes or the background darker would help it stand out.  Other options are to add depth of field or adjust your lighting/shadow angle.  I tend to parent my lights to a null at the center of the scene and simply rotate the null when needing to change the angle.

Also, the woman’s eyes are unfocused which is a little unsettling.

Signature 

23 of 36