Digital Art Zone

2 of 36
Black Is Beautiful II
Posted: 03 June 2012 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2010-04-17
Kalypso - 03 June 2012 12:45 PM

Here’s Smacky not so much as a warrior as a sorceress - hope you’re not too disappointed, I stopped fiddling with the lighting cause I just made it worse smile  I’m having so much fun with her, need to try out some other textures too.  Thanks again Snow!

Kalypso this is a fantastic render, Love the outfit and jewels. Wicked…..

Posted: 03 June 2012 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-17

Here is another Smacky Homage…Really need to work on my lighting again…..

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/510_98/

Yep image was too large so here is the 1st reduced version.

Image Attachments
Smacky_Homage2a.png

Posted: 04 June 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  612
Joined  2012-02-07

Added a link to the archive of the original thread.  Need to make some more updates but I’ve been busy with some stuff.  In the meantime, one key piece of info I didn’t copy over that needs to be here is suggestions and tips for render and lighting settings for darker skinned characters.  If people could post what they use, that would be helpful.

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 05 June 2012 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-03-11

I thought I’d put my work back up here:
Sexy Kizzy Demo Video

Posted: 06 June 2012 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2004-10-19

The Black is Beautiful thread has always been one of my favourites. It’s been fun seeing everyone’s renders. I’m glad it’s back here. grin
Thanks ZamuelNow for restarting the thread and copying over the links, to SnowSultan for the freebie and everyone else who’s contributed links and tips. Lovely renders, everyone.

Here’s one I had posted way back close to the beginning of the original thread. I’m linking to it in my Rendo gallery instead because there are some settings in the description that people may find useful.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2145237&user_id=303046&np;&np;

Posted: 06 June 2012 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2004-10-19

A custom morph I did wearing RecieCup’s Nique skin (free).

Image Attachments
sazzy_catqueen02.jpg

Posted: 06 June 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-17
ZamuelNow - 04 June 2012 10:24 PM

Added a link to the archive of the original thread.  Need to make some more updates but I’ve been busy with some stuff.  In the meantime, one key piece of info I didn’t copy over that needs to be here is suggestions and tips for render and lighting settings for darker skinned characters.  If people could post what they use, that would be helpful.

Unfortunately you are not able to log in and see the various images that were posted. Never mind maybe they will fix that link at a later date….

Posted: 06 June 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  741
Joined  2003-10-09

Sorry,  I haven’t had a chance to check this thread in a few days. Cute render Angel! What kind of lighting are you using? It might be a little strong or oversaturated, try using white lighting at 80-90%% and see if it helps any.

Very nice render KerWar! The Mil Cat always looks good as an Abyssinian.  smile

I really wish this thread would get bumped like all the others are now though!

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 06 June 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-17
SnowSultan - 06 June 2012 11:31 AM

Sorry,  I haven’t had a chance to check this thread in a few days. Cute render Angel! What kind of lighting are you using? It might be a little strong or oversaturated, try using white lighting at 80-90%% and see if it helps any.

Very nice render KerWar! The Mil Cat always looks good as an Abyssinian.  smile

I really wish this thread would get bumped like all the others are now though!

You and me both, I’m not even going to look and see what page we are on…..

Posted: 08 June 2012 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  612
Joined  2012-02-07

I need to sit down and organize some things but in the meantime a render.

Battle Weary: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2337386

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 08 June 2012 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-17
ZamuelNow - 08 June 2012 08:02 AM

I need to sit down and organize some things but in the meantime a render.

Battle Weary: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2337386

I think I’m DAZ weary at the moment, so many things are still unresolved; can someone tell me what was wrong with the old forum??

Posted: 08 June 2012 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1257
Joined  2009-01-09

Something I did with Leena International Generations after I GenX’d some of her—I wound up having to pick and choose, because there’s just So. Much. Leena. (Which is great, don’t get me wrong.) And I just wanted to do a simple family portrait style render like some I suffered through ... er, some that I was in when I was younger. Except for the whole not being a female thing, of course.

“Family Portrait”: from left to right, Leena herself, her mother Alice (for the sake of argument), her sister Cassie (a She-Freak variant that needed a bit of tweaking and then some, because SF4 doesn’t come through GenX at all, as far as I can tell), and seated on the floor, her daughter Noelle. And yes ... yes, she does look too young to have a daughter that age. It’s the miracle of pseudophotography!

Image Attachments
leena-alice-cassie-noelle-7.png
 Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 08 June 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-17

OK vwrangler what happened too Alice and Noelle’s eyes?, they make the family portrait look a little eerie..

Posted: 09 June 2012 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1257
Joined  2009-01-09
Angel1359 - 08 June 2012 11:45 PM

OK vwrangler what happened too Alice and Noelle’s eyes?, they make the family portrait look a little eerie..

I wound up having to open the .daz file to take a look because I didn’t remember doing anything to Alice’s eyes until I looked more closely at her. I used the gold colored eyes on her (Leena International and Generations come with an impressive range of eye colors and options), because I liked the way they looked. And then I did the same thing for Noelle, so that she’d have more of a resemblance to her grandmother. Which seems to have worked, judging from your reaction!

Originally, I was going to use the heterochromia eyes for Noelle, but they looked even more odd than the gold eyes.

(Side note: every time I run across the Axel/Leena International Generations bundle, it makes me think of the old soap opera “Generations”, for some reason ... although, that would kind of explain Axel International Generations Tony ....)

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 09 June 2012 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-17
vwrangler - 09 June 2012 02:39 PM
Angel1359 - 08 June 2012 11:45 PM

I wound up having to open the .daz file to take a look because I didn’t remember doing anything to Alice’s eyes until I looked more closely at her. I used the gold colored eyes on her (Leena International and Generations come with an impressive range of eye colors and options), because I liked the way they looked. And then I did the same thing for Noelle, so that she’d have more of a resemblance to her grandmother. Which seems to have worked, judging from your reaction!

Originally, I was going to use the heterochromia eyes for Noelle, but they looked even more odd than the gold eyes.

(Side note: every time I run across the Axel/Leena International Generations bundle, it makes me think of the old soap opera “Generations”, for some reason ... although, that would kind of explain Axel International Generations Tony ....)

I did wonder if the eyes could have been a different colour which would explain the appearance, had I been able to have a closer look at the image as we were able too on the OLD FORUM I would have seen this for myself…....(not having a go at you vwrangler, just a little fed up of how long this is taking to correct the DAZ website)

2 of 36