Digital Art Zone

Transferring objects from Bryce to Daz?
Posted: 07 July 2012 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-10-05

Hello. I have been attempting to use 4 spheres with graphics from Bryce in a scene on Daz 3D. My issue is I cannot for the life of me find a way to transfer them into Daz to be manipulated as I need them to be. I have only succeeded in transferring it as a background which is not even remotely what I am attempting.  Is it possible to transfer objects from bryce to Daz 3d for manipulation or am I attempting a futile goal? I appreciate the assistance :D

Posted: 07 July 2012 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-01-17

if there is any way you can do the opposite, you will be much better off. it is infinetly easier to go from daz to bryce.
since they are only spheres have you tried exporting them as .obj and then importing them into daz?

Posted: 07 July 2012 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  716
Joined  2006-05-26

If you are using Bryce 7 simply do the following:

1. Create a new Bryce scene.

2. Create the spheres you want to transfer to Daz Studio.

3. What you need to do is to select the items you want to send over so that they appear red in the preview, and while those items are selected you will press the icon that starts DazStudio. So long as you are using DS4 you should see your items arriving in DS. Simple select an item, and press the Daz button and the items ahould be sent over. There are some exceptions however, metaballs and some other types of things.

Best of luck!

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 07 July 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2009-10-05

Thank you very much for the fast responses. Alymac, I tried doing it in reverse but received a fatal error in trying to send from daz to bryce :S

Posted: 07 July 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2003-10-09

What platform and which versions of Bryce/D|S are you using? You can find your Bryce version by holding down the Command key (Mac) and the CTRL key (PC if I remember correctly) and selecting the “About Bryce…” form the OS “Help” menu item.
On my Mac the bridge only works correctly with Bryce 7.1.0.109 and D|S 4.5.0.49.

Posted: 07 July 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2009-10-05

It’s bryce 7.1.0.109 and Daz build 4.0.3.47. unfortunately selecting the objects so they were red and pressing the daz button didn’t work. It sent only grey untextured spheres over. Trying to get them transferred with the textures imbued, perhaps I’m doing something wrong still?

Posted: 07 July 2012 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2009-10-05

Ok, I succeeded in transferring an object, the textures are finicky, finally found one that could transfer. But it works for my purposes. Thanks for the assistance smile

Posted: 07 July 2012 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1281
Joined  2008-03-30
dan whiteside - 07 July 2012 11:29 AM

What platform and which versions of Bryce/D|S are you using? You can find your Bryce version by holding down the Command key (Mac) and the CTRL key (PC if I remember correctly) and selecting the “About Bryce…” form the OS “Help” menu item.
On my Mac the bridge only works correctly with Bryce 7.1.0.109 and D|S 4.5.0.49.

Yes, IIRC the bridge is fixed in 4.5 smile

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive