Digital Art Zone

Somebody please explain how postings are now sorted.
Posted: 06 July 2012 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2003-12-01

Somebody please explain how postings are now sorted. Why are topics with replies 10 minutes ago buried deeper than posts with replies hours or even days older??? I come to the forums to catch up on the latest topics, but they might be buried pages deep!

Posted: 06 July 2012 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1379
Joined  2006-07-04
TV - 06 July 2012 08:33 PM

Somebody please explain how postings are now sorted. Why are topics with replies 10 minutes ago buried deeper than posts with replies hours or even days older??? I come to the forums to catch up on the latest topics, but they might be buried pages deep!

Forum posts are sorted by the order they were created, rather than by latest post.  There is a link on the top of the forums to view latest posts, and while it’s hardly perfect, it does at least list off the most recently posted in threads.

Getting the forum to sort by most recent posting is on their list of things to do.  After fixing the store.

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 07 July 2012 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7169
Joined  2009-07-13

they all get re-routed to a server manned by a team of rhesus monkeys with a bottle of Scotch who randomly dance on a numeric pad generating a posting order parameter which is then encrypted and returned along with the postings to the Daz website where a trained octopus keys them into the forum software.
(I am talking out my rear oriface again, aren’t I red face )
someone post a cat photo or render to shut me up!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 07 July 2012 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1277
Joined  2008-03-30

Cracking post and here u go Wendy smile

Image Attachments
cute_cat.png
 Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 07 July 2012 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7169
Joined  2009-07-13

cute!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 07 July 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  934
Joined  2006-06-12
DaWaterRat - 06 July 2012 09:05 PM

Forum posts are sorted by the order they were created, rather than by latest post.  There is a link on the top of the forums to view latest posts, and while it’s hardly perfect, it does at least list off the most recently posted in threads.

I’m not sure that’s correct, Rat. It seems to be a muddled mess, with posts it no real order at all.

The Lastest Post link is “somewhat” helpful, but I have found many new posts that don’t appear in the Larest Post link

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 07 July 2012 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8420
Joined  2007-11-06

DaWaterRat is correct, threads are sorted by the date of the ORIGINAL post that started the thread.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 07 July 2012 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04

Well I think Wendy is right LOL

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 07 July 2012 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

She is half right, the octopus is on the front end and the monkeys are on the other end.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 07 July 2012 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2003-10-09

Wendy
This could be rather expensive given the cost of Salt Water Proof keyboards and monitors. Octopi can be out of the water for some time-so it could be typing on land-but that cuts down on the time. Perhaps a “land scuba
suit that circulates oxygenated salt water on the inside could resolve this issue? I wonder if Daz is working on some alternate methods?
They seem to be an ethical company-so I assume that they have proper housing and food for the animals to take into account. Overall-this could be rather inefficient. In fact- it really does seem to be an unreasonable approach-and you may be misinformed. wink
Now go look at some Kitty pics!

wendy♥catz - 07 July 2012 05:56 AM

they all get re-routed to a server manned by a team of rhesus monkeys with a bottle of Scotch who randomly dance on a numeric pad generating a posting order parameter which is then encrypted and returned along with the postings to the Daz website where a trained octopus keys them into the forum software.
(I am talking out my rear oriface again, aren’t I red face )
someone post a cat photo or render to shut me up!