Digital Art Zone

How do I do a complete uninstall?
Posted: 06 July 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-08-17

I’m on a Mac and somewhere in the process of working with DAZ Studio, I screwed things up and none of my content is where it should be.  A lot of it is missing.  So, now that I have a little DAZ experience under my belt, I think it’s time for a reset and start from scratch.  I tried deleting everything with the uninstallers and manually threw away any other content folders.  Then I reinstalled DAZ only to find that my basic characters like Victoria were gone & my database seemed to still be trying to reference old stuff.

So… how do I get rid of this complete mess & start from scratch?

Posted: 06 July 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Not sure that is actually possible. Not with out reinstalling your OS.
You think I’m kidding?

It can actually be done but it takes some searching to get it all. Not sure about a mac but on a PC you uninstall all you can with the uninstallers then go folder hunting. Search your HDD for “DAZ” and you still may not get it all. Studio is one of the hardest apps I have found to do a clean reinstall of.

Posted: 06 July 2012 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

To reset the database itself to default:

On the content library tab, go to the context menu at the top, select “Content DB Maintenance”.  In there is an option to reset the database.

In the same area, you also want to bring up the Content Directory Manager and make sure only the appropriate content directories that you want are listed as both DAZ Native and Poser Format entries.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 06 July 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2012-06-03
dorough2 - 06 July 2012 01:15 PM

I’m on a Mac and somewhere in the process of working with DAZ Studio, I screwed things up and none of my content is where it should be.  A lot of it is missing.  So, now that I have a little DAZ experience under my belt, I think it’s time for a reset and start from scratch.  I tried deleting everything with the uninstallers and manually threw away any other content folders.  Then I reinstalled DAZ only to find that my basic characters like Victoria were gone & my database seemed to still be trying to reference old stuff.

So… how do I get rid of this complete mess & start from scratch?

Join the club I’m having exactly the same problems starting on the 4th with Windows, plus after each re-install (6 !) I never have a final “xxxxxxx My Library” either….

Page 4….

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3271/

Signature 

“Those curious locks so aptly twin’d,
Whose every hair a soul doth bind.”
Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 06 July 2012 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2004-12-14
ManStan - 06 July 2012 02:23 PM

Not sure that is actually possible. Not with out reinstalling your OS.
You think I’m kidding?

It can actually be done but it takes some searching to get it all. Not sure about a mac but on a PC you uninstall all you can with the uninstallers then go folder hunting. Search your HDD for “DAZ” and you still may not get it all. Studio is one of the hardest apps I have found to do a clean reinstall of.

It is possible to remove DS4 without reinstalling OSX.  If you use other DAZ programs, you don’t want to just delete every folder labeled DAZ.

I just flushed DS4P off my system a few days ago.  The thing to remember is that DS4 scatters parts of the program into the Applications folder, the Frameworks folder, and the User folder (where it belongs) and into your root Library (where it doesn’t belong) - so CMS can always be running in Ring 0, taking up ram, virtual memory (2.5GB on my system), and stealing cpu cycles, regardless of whether or not you are running DS4.

To chuck the CMS, Go into your Library Folder on your boot drive.  Drag the DAZ folder to the trashcan. Restart your computer - delete the DAZ folders from you trashcan - restart the computer.

That should remove everything.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 08 July 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12082
Joined  2007-11-06

...I was successfully able to delete the CMS from my notebook. 

It helps a bit however Studio 4 still runs like molasses because it (the notebook) is 32 bit (don’t know why they even bothered with a 32 bit version of such “weighty” app.), doesn’t have a dedicated GPU, and barely meets the minimum OGL requirement.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.