Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
I can’t load figures installed manually in poser 2012
Posted: 14 January 2014 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2009-02-14

No, the black line appears only in the preview, but for my it’s a problem, because I make videos in the preview, if I render, every video delay too much, that’s why I use the preview. And well… I think I’ll have to use the installed in poser directly, it’d be too hard to conform in DAz and export both items to work in poser. Anyway thank you for your advise smile

Male-M3dia - 14 January 2014 03:42 PM
taiuri - 14 January 2014 03:26 PM

It worked!! Thank you so much!! smilesmile:) Just a little problem. I installed the daz figures, but I prefer to export them from DAz because the ones are installed in poser seem to have a black line around them and if I export them from DAZ, the textures are much better.

I mean, the items can be loaded from runtime, but can’t be conform to the exported figures, only with the figures installed directly in poser, but well…I guess is much better than they can’t be loaded.

Thank you so much for you big help! wink

JGreenlees - 14 January 2014 03:06 PM

Do me a favor and put them in runtime under poser 2012. out of the download folder. I am going to go grab these and check the files.

if you want to contact me and do this faster i can give you my skype name if that would help

jen

Are you exporting a CR2 from DAZ to import into Poser? If so, the CR2 is incompatible with DSON as the CR2 solution predates DSON. (It probably should be depreciated as Genesis no longer uses the export function to work in Poser). If you use the CR2, you have to export the clothing and accessories the same way and adjust the figure rigging as it’s missing scaling or joint centers are off (I forgot which).

Does the black line around the figure appear when rendering? (I think it’s the boundary between the base and subdivided figure).

Posted: 14 January 2014 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-14

Ok! I’ll install them in the runtime directly, then: I can load the textures from genesis in the materials? I’ll try it. I thought it was only for clothings, but I’ll try to the figures, because I don’t like that black line around the genesis figures.

Thank you! smile

JGreenlees - 14 January 2014 03:37 PM

most of the figures and clothing have materials in poser format.  When you load it into Poser try using the material settings included and see if that helps any.

Glad that we got this working though smile  You might want to start installing the poser companion files to your runtime and not the downloads folder, so that this doesn’t happen to you smile

Jen

Posted: 14 January 2014 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-14

Yes, the textures improve so much with the _SSS files, althougth the black line stays yet. It’d be so great if you know how to take it off smile

Image Attachments
textures.png

Posted: 14 January 2014 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1179
Joined  2003-10-09

Are those lines still there when you render? I know you use preview for your animations but when rendered the black lines should be gone..

Posted: 14 January 2014 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-14

Yes, they gone, but the problem is I use preview for my animations. There is a way to take it off, in the menu Display, there’s an option called Element Style, if you select a part of the body, for example the head, there an option selected called Outline, if you select the one called Use Figure Style, it take it off the black line, but the texture quality is awful, plus you have to do this for every body part, for some reason, it doesn’t work for the complete figure.

If you know a better way to take it off without the quality becomes less, I’d thank you so much. Like I said, I was using exported figures from Daz, but in the case of the clothes and hair, can’t fit in the figure.

I hope you know a better solution smile

JGreenlees - 14 January 2014 06:41 PM

Are those lines still there when you render? I know you use preview for your animations but when rendered the black lines should be gone..

Posted: 14 January 2014 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1179
Joined  2003-10-09

Same process but maybe try texture shaded instead of the outline.

Posted: 14 January 2014 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-14

I tried all the options but I have the same result, I don’t know why DAZ and Poser made this, with the MIchael and Victoria 4, we didn’t have problems, I hope they can solve it, or at least tell us a way to solve the problem. Meanwhile I’ll have to use this process, the textures quality will be awful, but I think it’s better than that black line around it.

JGreenlees - 14 January 2014 07:05 PM

Same process but maybe try texture shaded instead of the outline.

Posted: 14 January 2014 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  2005-11-27

Nobody “made” the black lines. It’s a function of the subdivision on the characters. Remember, the preview window is designed for preview quality only. You’re the one using the previews in a way they weren’t designed for.

And nothing should ever be installed in the Downloads folder. That folder is for when you buy stuff direct from Content Paradise from inside Poser. The software can download those files and install them automatically. The Download folder is not for you to use yourself.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 15 January 2014 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-14

Yeah, I know, but if Michael and Victoria 4 didn’t have black lines, why Genesis did, it’s my question, It supossed Genesis is more advanced than M4 V4, then why they look worse, anyway I’ll have to adapt me to the new figures and yes, thank you for the Downloads advise, Jen told me too. I’ll use the Poser runtime the next time.

Thank you! smile

TheWheelMan - 14 January 2014 11:07 PM

Nobody “made” the black lines. It’s a function of the subdivision on the characters. Remember, the preview window is designed for preview quality only. You’re the one using the previews in a way they weren’t designed for.

And nothing should ever be installed in the Downloads folder. That folder is for when you buy stuff direct from Content Paradise from inside Poser. The software can download those files and install them automatically. The Download folder is not for you to use yourself.

Posted: 15 January 2014 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2008-11-10
taiuri - 15 January 2014 02:33 PM

Yeah, I know, but if Michael and Victoria 4 didn’t have black lines, why Genesis did, it’s my question

TheWheelMan - 14 January 2014 11:07 PM

Nobody “made” the black lines. It’s a function of the subdivision on the characters.

2 of 2