Digital Art Zone

2 of 15
BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE   ►►►New Year Edition◄◄◄    Theme is   ͠͠ ͠~͠~~͠~~͠~~͠~~͠~~͠~  H2O ͠~͠~~͠~~͠~~͠~~͠~~͠~ 
Posted: 22 January 2014 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3382
Joined  2004-10-01

This challenge has already started with great entries.

Title: Mountains in Rain
Product used: none
Tower in water is the Pointed Thingy by David Brinnen
HDRI used is (yet) the unpublished Illpass

Image Attachments
MountainsInRain.jpg
 Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 22 January 2014 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  132
Joined  2005-08-28

HORO:  Beautiful scene from you ( As always ) To me that looks as good as any great scenic photo. Very nicely done sir!

Bruce

Signature 

Fan-atic over Bryce, DAZ Studio, Paint Shop Pro and my Photography
My Bryce Freebies http://www.sharecg.com/goshtac
My Art & Photography Web Site:    http://www.goshtac.com/
My Renderosity Hangout: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?userid=381287

cool smile   Bruce Davey /  aka GOSHTAC

Posted: 22 January 2014 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3382
Joined  2004-10-01

Thank you Bruce! Boring colours, shallow contrast and rainy weather are a reality (had it yesterday) but don’t make such crisp renders as a sunny one (which we had today).

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 23 January 2014 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1385
Joined  2011-09-25

@Hansmar:  That’s a cool image.  Has a playful quality to it.

@Horo:  A gorgeous scene.  And it really does look like a rain storm in the mountains.  Water is fabulous.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 23 January 2014 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1550
Joined  2007-12-10

Great entries from everyone… but we need more… So in the words of Eddie Cochran: “Come on everybody” grin

And so to my second entry… A ship on rough water in the rain… I didn’t really need to explain that, it’s quiet obvious what it is LOL

Image Attachments
Watercolour.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 23 January 2014 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  620
Joined  2010-02-18

Horo...that’s gorgeous, as, too, with Savage’s work.

It’s odd that there aren’t more entries this late in the competition, as, if any theme Bryce is certainly capable of producing works in, it has to be water scenes. Let’s hope there’ll be a late-deadline rush towards the 28th Feb (Edited).

Jay

Posted: 23 January 2014 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1550
Joined  2007-12-10

Thanks Jay.

The competition doesn’t close until 28th Feb, so there’s still a while to go yet. smile

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 23 January 2014 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  620
Joined  2010-02-18

The competition doesn’t close until 28th Feb…

Oops, better edit my above post, lest there be confusion. Thanks Savage.

Jay

Posted: 23 January 2014 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15338
Joined  2003-10-09

LOL   The contest now runs for roughly 6 weeks each time, but as Orbital got the new theme to me quickly this one got an extra bit of time.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 23 January 2014 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2008-11-26

Beautiful renders from everyone.

When Chohole posted the theme for this challenge, I immediately knew what I wanted to do. Although the setup it simple, it took me forever to set it up … positioning the objects, the camera, the lighting and hardest of all the material for the water drops. Eventually I settled for Rashad’s Automotive Glass from Bryce5.com

Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Drops4Life

Image Attachments
H2ochallenge.jpg

Posted: 23 January 2014 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2009-05-04

@Horo: A wonderful dismal scene. The water of the lake looks especially good.

@Savage64: Gorgeous storm scene.

@mermaid010: Nice idea and well made. I think you should bring out the rain drops a bit more. To achive that a bit more specularity might help. You could use a distant light with no light, but a bit of specularity and include only the rain drops. You have to experiment with the position (the roller ball in the light window) to get pleasing results.

Posted: 24 January 2014 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2008-11-26
electro-elvis - 23 January 2014 07:38 AM

@mermaid010: Nice idea and well made. I think you should bring out the rain drops a bit more. To achive that a bit more specularity might help. You could use a distant light with no light, but a bit of specularity and include only the rain drops. You have to experiment with the position (the roller ball in the light window) to get pleasing results.

It was only after I used a radial light, lowering the Diffuse and Specular to 10 and including only the drops, did I get some sort of drops. I’ll replace the radial light with a distant one and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted: 24 January 2014 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2009-10-16

@Horo, Looks like rain coming indeed.

@Thesavage64: You took of from Horo’s picture, it looks. Real rain, it seems.

@mermaid010: Took some while before I saw the drops. Maybe use a lower POV, so the drops are not hidden by the street? And the street looks a bit too fuzzy. Maybe use another texture (or make some tiles yourself).

And I apologise for confusing everybody by indicating in an earlier mail that the contest was only this month. I simply misread. Maybe I will find time for another try!

Posted: 25 January 2014 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1385
Joined  2011-09-25

@Dave:  That’s an awfully nice scene.

@mermaid:  Leave to flower seeds to find a place to grow.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 26 January 2014 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2004-05-09

Here’s my first entry. I think I’ll call it “Morning Calm”. Bryce for the terrains etc. To create the waterfall I made a height map using a waterfall brush from a set I have for photoshop then applied it in the terrain editor. I then placed a volumetric sphere around the waterfall terrain and adjusted the fuzziness etc of the mat. The trees are all downloads from the web with most coming from archive 3d. A good resource site that, as the models are not memory heavy but still look good. Slight colour correction with photoshop and adjustments to the waterfall to correct volumetric anomalies that occurred in the render.
Some fantastic entries so far!

Image Attachments
yosemite_copy.jpg

2 of 15