Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
No Animate pane/tab, any ideas?
Posted: 04 January 2014 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2013-12-10

I’ve been going around and around with tech support on this issue for several weeks with no resolution. Maybe one of you has an idea.

The animate lite pane/tab no longer appears in my workspace, nor does it appear on the Panes menu. When I first installed Daz, it was there for a day or two, then it disappeared.

I also tried de-installing and re-installing Daz, and deleting the Animate2.dll file and re-installing, but that didn’t help. aniMate2 does show up when I select About Installed Plugins (greyed out), but no pane.

Any ideas about how I can get the pane back?

Thanks,
Christian

Posted: 04 January 2014 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15815
Joined  2003-10-09

If you’ve installed AniMate2 I suspect you’ve replaced a working version (bundled with DS) with a non-working version - if you highlight the greyed out entry in About installed Plug-ins does the box at the bottom say it’s for the wrong version? If so, uninstall the separate plug-in and then reinstall DS to get the bundled version, then enter your serial number if you haven’t already done so.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 04 January 2014 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2013-12-10

No, I’ve never installed aniMate2. All the plug-ins are from the DS Install.

I don’t have a serial number, I was just hoping for the trial version, or at least aniMate Lite.

~Christian

Posted: 04 January 2014 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

You should certainly have the lit e version. What does the message say when you highlight Animate2 in About Installed Plug-ins?

Signature 

Posted: 05 January 2014 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

If you still in a DEFAULT set up of DAZ Studio the Windows TAB will not list all the Advanced tools. Try one of the Advanced styles like City Limits. That should give you ALL tools in your interface and menus.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 05 January 2014 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2013-12-10

I tried the City Limits & Self Service layouts, still no animate tab.

I’m attaching a cap of the About Installed Plug-ins window, with aniMate 2 selected, if that is of any help.

Thanks for your help!

Image Attachments
Plugins.PNG

Posted: 05 January 2014 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

That’s odd - mine is the same, except that for Evaluation Information it says 0 days remaining. I can see you hae the pro serial number entered, which was one of my thoughts, so I think you need to open a support ticket.

Signature 

Posted: 05 January 2014 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Silly question time. Did you by any chance try to register AniMate2 by using the DS4 Pro serial number? Just asking for future info..

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 06 January 2014 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-02-12

Check in your Action Pane if you have the Animate entry in it. For that, open your DS Customization menu with F3 then Search for Pane, open it and scroll to see if you find it

Image Attachments
animate_action_pane.png
 Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 06 January 2014 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2013-12-10

Jaderail,

Yes, after the animate tab disappeared, I did try getting it back by entering the DS4 Pro serial number.

Takeo,

Thanks, but aniMate isn’t showing up there either.

Posted: 06 January 2014 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-02-12

Ok then you have a problem with your action menus

Simplest thing to do is to go to My Library\scripts\Utilities and execute the script “Update and Merge Menus” and check again in the actions if animate is back or not

If it doesn’t then we could try some less simple ways

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 06 January 2014 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Entering the DS4+ Pro serial number is your issue. AniMate2 is not activated with a DS Code, it comes with it’s own serial code from GoFigure when you BUY the full version. When you entered a invalid code in the Plugin you DEACTIVED it. Nothing is going to bring AniMate2 or Animate Lite back on your PC except purchasing the Plugin and entering a Valid registration code now. That or a 100% Clean install of your full system again, which if your like me just is not a option.

Signature 

Posted: 07 January 2014 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2013-12-10

Merde!

Although I’m pretty sure that the tab had disappeared before I entered the number… maybe I should have done something else instead. Anyway, it looks like its gone forever now.

Can you tell me what the main features of aniMate are, so I can decide if its worth buying? There isn’t a whole lot of info on the product page.

Thanks for your help,
~C

Posted: 07 January 2014 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-12-25

Hi,

I have the same problem here. I generated some simple animations then I closed the programm. After reopening DAZ the animation lite Tab is gone….

Thanks for your help

Posted: 07 January 2014 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

The AniMate pane, or an activity tab (along the top of the screen) or the basic Timeline pane? If it is the AniMate pane, have you checked that it isn’t listed in Window>Panes(Tabs)? And have you checked its status in Help>About Installed Plug-ins?

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2014 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-12-25

The Animate Pane has disapeared. The basic Timeline pane is there. In the Window>Panes(Tab) animate isn’t listed . The same applies to Help>About Installed Plug-ins, there is no animate entry.
Unfortunatly I can’t make screenshots right now because I’m at work, but my Help>About Installed Plug-ins looks same as chrisvikas in Post #5.
The evaluation status (on this screen) says ‘disabled’ is this correct?

If it helps, I’m using windows 8.1 64bit

Thanks
Hannes

1 of 2