Digital Art Zone

4 of 4
Wonderous Wares - Realistic Glass Containers for Carrara and DS Coming Soon (Commercial)
Posted: 27 August 2012 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-02-19

I use DAZ 4.0. I have the skydome on. I used the preset to show what I mean.

I’m sure it’s just something I’m not doing but I’m stumped.

Image Attachments
wonderouswares.jpg

Posted: 25 September 2012 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Joined  2008-02-19

Still not having any luck gettting those beautiful results with the transparent glasses. I have the product in an enclosed environment. Tricks to get it to work? Anyone?

Posted: 25 September 2012 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1803
Joined  2005-12-31

You need to have enough lighting in the scene as well so try some other lighting set ups.

Posted: 26 September 2012 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Joined  2008-02-19

Environment 2 isn’t enough lighting?

Posted: 26 September 2012 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

Um, no, usually not. Can you add a spotlight, using the point of view shown in your render above?

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 22 December 2012 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2011-07-18

One thing I’ve noticed when checking the diffuse for the transparent glasses is that it’s all black with no texture map is that how it’s supposed to be?
Also silly question but we don’t install the carrara file unless we have carrara correct?

Signature 

My Deviatart account Please feel free to stop by: http://seductivegeisha.deviantart.com/

Posted: 22 December 2012 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
SGeisha - 22 December 2012 07:25 PM

One thing I’ve noticed when checking the diffuse for the transparent glasses is that it’s all black with no texture map is that how it’s supposed to be?
Also silly question but we don’t install the carrara file unless we have carrara correct?

With most true glass 3Delight/RSL shaders, that is exactly correct…the diffuse is either on (white) or off (black) and in most cases it is ‘off’.

And, yes, if you don’t have Carrara, you don’t need those files.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 22 December 2012 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2011-07-18
mjc1016 - 22 December 2012 07:32 PM

With most true glass 3Delight/RSL shaders, that is exactly correct…the diffuse is either on (white) or off (black) and in most cases it is ‘off’.

Ah I see Thank you! the reason I ask is because I keep getting the black glass look, it’s driving me crazy.
However it could also be the version of DAZ Studio I’m using, is this product only supposed to be used in 4 or can you use it in DAZ Studio 3 if you don’t mind me asking?

Signature 

My Deviatart account Please feel free to stop by: http://seductivegeisha.deviantart.com/

Posted: 22 December 2012 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1605
Joined  2009-08-08

Are you using a skydome? Glass shaders seem to require them, otherwise you get lovely solid black glass.

Posted: 22 December 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
SGeisha - 22 December 2012 07:42 PM
mjc1016 - 22 December 2012 07:32 PM

Ah I see Thank you! the reason I ask is because I keep getting the black glass look, it’s driving me crazy.
However it could also be the version of DAZ Studio I’m using, is this product only supposed to be used in 4 or can you use it in DAZ Studio 3 if you don’t mind me asking?

The most common cause of the ‘black glass’ look is an incomplete environment…if you don’t have a well defined, 360 environment, then all the refraction/reflection and what not.  The shader is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing, except, that it is showing the ‘gaps’ in the world as null space (black).  In 3Delight/Renderman renderers, black is off/null.

So to get things to work properly, you need a ground and an enclosing sky…or 4 walls, a floor and a ceiling…

I’m not sure how ‘exact’ the version needs to be for this.  The basic functions that 3Delight needs have been in it for a long time…but while the shaders are often ‘foreward’ compatible (or can be recompiled for new versions of 3Delight) they often aren’t backwards compatible.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2004-11-04
Divone Lerade - 26 August 2012 04:25 PM

The product looks gorgeous but I am having the same problem as the girl doing it in reality except, it does it for me in DAZ. When I try to render, it comes out solid and almost black. I haven’t changed any settings. Is there a trick to it? I can switch the reflection mode from raytraced to environment to get a translucent glass but I lose that lovely color seen in the promo pictures.

Thanks in advance!

Can you post a picture of your render?

Edit- Oh, I see it. What is your raytrace setting in your render settings? Remember, every time a ray goes into and out of the glass, that’s two traces right there. So, in and out one side, in and out the other side, reflected back and another few in and outs, that’s a raytrace setting of nine o.O

Signature 

DZ FIRE’S
MASTER MODELS

Click HERE to get started.
Facebook

Posted: 22 December 2012 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
DzFire™ - 22 December 2012 09:10 PM
Divone Lerade - 26 August 2012 04:25 PM

The product looks gorgeous but I am having the same problem as the girl doing it in reality except, it does it for me in DAZ. When I try to render, it comes out solid and almost black. I haven’t changed any settings. Is there a trick to it? I can switch the reflection mode from raytraced to environment to get a translucent glass but I lose that lovely color seen in the promo pictures.

Thanks in advance!

Can you post a picture of your render?

Edit- Oh, I see it. What is your raytrace setting in your render settings? Remember, every time a ray goes into and out of the glass, that’s two traces right there. So, in and out one side, in and out the other side, reflected back and another few in and outs, that’s a raytrace setting of nine o.O

Also what version of DS…there was a raytracing bug with 3Delight that was fixed in version 4.5.1.6….

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

4 of 4