5 of 12
Look at my Hair 1.5 available. PDF Manual Ready! [Commercial]
Posted: 10 January 2014 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1247
Joined  2009-10-27
Chronopunk - 10 January 2014 12:01 PM

Follow up question to my follow up questions…

Let’s say I manage to get the hair I’m after, and it’s fantastic and I want to give it to other people. Are there save-as options that would enable me to do this (as an .obj or sommat)? Are there any Imperia… I mean, legal entanglements that I’d need to be aware of?

You could save and share the hair preset (save to .lmh, which is available from the interface), or you can save the figure and hair attached as Scene->Subset, so that you will end up having a .duf (that you can share) containing both model and hairs.

Signature 

Real Plants Collection 1: Fallen Trees, Ivy and Vines”
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 10 January 2014 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  267
Joined  2006-02-20
Chronopunk - 10 January 2014 12:01 PM

Follow up question to my follow up questions…

Let’s say I manage to get the hair I’m after, and it’s fantastic and I want to give it to other people. Are there save-as options that would enable me to do this (as an .obj or sommat)? Are there any Imperia… I mean, legal entanglements that I’d need to be aware of?

“These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.”

I’m sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I see a lot of ‘presets’ available from LAMH’s website free for the clicking, so that is how you distribute hair sets you make. But I, too, would like to know if I wanted to sell presets I had laboured meticulously over, are there any issues or concerns we should be aware of? (Stormtroopers knocking on my door? Imperial Star Destroyers hovering over my house?) gulp

Posted: 10 January 2014 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  146
Joined  2012-07-24
Alessandro_AM - 10 January 2014 12:04 PM

You could save and share the hair preset (save to .lmh, which is available from the interface), or you can save the figure and hair attached as Scene->Subset, so that you will end up having a .duf (that you can share) containing both model and hairs.

Sa-Wheet. Thank you.

And I second Gogger‘s concern about running afoul of the business end of a blaster (“No disintegrations!”), thus my question about distribution legalities. I’m not looking to sell (at least not yet, if ever), but I know that there very well may be people who might like to have something like what I’m after.

Posted: 10 January 2014 11:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17

Presets created with LAMH are yours to do what you will with.  We can put them on the free presets site, or you can put them at ShareCG, or you can sell them if that is what you wish to do.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 19 January 2014 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-01-17

This is excellent news indeed. I just purchased the full version yesterday and it would crash whenever implemented. Soon as I get to my server at home I’ll have to give her a whirl! During the uninstall of the old version, would you all recommend I delete the registry entries also? The feature list looks incredibly delicious!

Thank you, in advance, for your time.

-Senex

Posted: 19 January 2014 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17
nfsrobey - 19 January 2014 07:22 AM

This is excellent news indeed. I just purchased the full version yesterday and it would crash whenever implemented. Soon as I get to my server at home I’ll have to give her a whirl! During the uninstall of the old version, would you all recommend I delete the registry entries also? The feature list looks incredibly delicious!

Thank you, in advance, for your time.

-Senex

There are no registry settings for LAMH.  Just overlay the RC files over the files on your machine and you’re good.  Make sure that you get both the RC and the supplemental archive if this the the first RC that you’ve used.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 19 January 2014 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-01-17
Kendall Sears - 19 January 2014 08:28 AM

There are no registry settings for LAMH.  Just overlay the RC files over the files on your machine and you’re good.  Make sure that you get both the RC and the supplemental archive if this the the first RC that you’ve used.

Kendall

Thank you for the prompt and efficient reply, Kendall. Cheers!

Posted: 20 January 2014 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  805
Joined  2004-05-14

Just want to say, it works well. Good work Alessandro and Kendall. Thanks.

Image Attachments
white04pic01gimp01.jpg

Posted: 20 January 2014 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
Artini - 20 January 2014 07:52 AM

Just want to say, it works well. Good work Alessandro and Kendall. Thanks.

You are welcome Artini, and nice render, I will post it in our LAMH FB gallery today.

Signature 

Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 21 January 2014 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1085
Joined  2010-09-19

This one turned out a bit messy in the end, but don’t worry, he’s only playing…

Image Attachments
Playtime.jpg
 Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 24 January 2014 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2005-11-13

I’ve to say that LAMH makes me feel extremely stupid. I can work with Garibaldi hair plugin but I never seem to get anything to show up other than plenty of crashes with LAMH. I tried the original version and updated version and I even have a new computer and I seem to get plenty of crashes but nothing to show up in the DS. Not even if I try to follow the pdf instructions.

Could someone enlighten me where the heck I go wrong:

1. I choose create new ‘look at my hair object’—> opens editor
2. I paint the hair area (follicles I think)
3. I click the grow guide hairs
4. ???

After growing the guide hairs I can find all kinds of settings to define width and and shader but no setting that says “grow this frikken hair on the figure in daz studio”. Sure I can export it to fibermesh but I don’t think that’s the idea? How do I force the sync between these two? I can’t seem to find anything like the sync button that was in the manual. Not in previous version or this one?

edit: erm… LAMH I mean… not LAHM

Posted: 24 January 2014 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
beregar - 24 January 2014 11:37 AM

I’ve to say that LAMH makes me feel extremely stupid. I can work with Garibaldi hair plugin but I never seem to get anything to show up other than plenty of crashes with LAMH. I tried the original version and updated version and I even have a new computer and I seem to get plenty of crashes but nothing to show up in the DS. Not even if I try to follow the pdf instructions.

Could someone enlighten me where the heck I go wrong:

1. I choose create new ‘look at my hair object’—> opens editor
2. I paint the hair area (follicles I think)
3. I click the grow guide hairs
4. ???

After growing the guide hairs I can find all kinds of settings to define width and and shader but no setting that says “grow this frikken hair on the figure in daz studio”. Sure I can export it to fibermesh but I don’t think that’s the idea? How do I force the sync between these two? I can’t seem to find anything like the sync button that was in the manual. Not in previous version or this one?

edit: erm… LAMH I mean… not LAHM

See the attached images: you need to click the export button that will allow to export to RenderMan (thus 3Delight hair).
From that moment on, if you pose Genesis, LAMH viewport will be synced automatically.

Image Attachments
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
 Signature 

Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 24 January 2014 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-24

Admittedly I haven’t had a lot of time to play with LAMH, but I’m tinkering with it when I can. My biggest issue right now is combing and styling, as it seems a little counter intuitive to me. I’m sure I’ll get it eventually.

I have wondered if we might somehow get a “basic styler” function on the plugin, so that rather than spherizing everything, I could grow my hair to where I want it, then click “basic straight hair” and have it fall into place. Maybe that’s crazy. Not sure.

Alessandro, I opened a bug over on the LAMH forums with a question about something else, dunno if you’ve seen it or have any input on it. I’ll check on that one later. smile

Posted: 24 January 2014 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
Chronopunk - 24 January 2014 12:11 PM

Admittedly I haven’t had a lot of time to play with LAMH, but I’m tinkering with it when I can. My biggest issue right now is combing and styling, as it seems a little counter intuitive to me. I’m sure I’ll get it eventually.

I have wondered if we might somehow get a “basic styler” function on the plugin, so that rather than spherizing everything, I could grow my hair to where I want it, then click “basic straight hair” and have it fall into place. Maybe that’s crazy. Not sure.

Alessandro, I opened a bug over on the LAMH forums with a question about something else, dunno if you’ve seen it or have any input on it. I’ll check on that one later. smile

Yes I’ve seen the feature you required. It has already been implemented in current WIP development version.
Please let me know what difficulties you are having combing, and more about the basic styler you’d like to see in LAMH. You may eventually want to address this to my email or in LAMH forums as well.

Signature 

Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 24 January 2014 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-24
Alessandro_AM - 24 January 2014 12:43 PM

Yes I’ve seen the feature you required. It has already been implemented in current WIP development version.
Please let me know what difficulties you are having combing, and more about the basic styler you’d like to see in LAMH. You may eventually want to address this to my email or in LAMH forums as well.

Awesome, thank you. And can do, will do. smile

5 of 12