3 of 12
Look at my Hair 1.5 available. PDF Manual Ready! [Commercial]
Posted: 08 January 2014 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2818
Joined  2004-04-14
jadiana - 08 January 2014 05:53 PM

I seem to be having some trouble buying Look at My Hair. It says it’s on sale for p off, but shows the regular price when you check out. Anyone know what’s going on?

Not sure whats going on but its been reported.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 09 January 2014 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  167
Joined  2004-03-28

I purchase it yesterday at the sale price 15.00
The ad said the sale was only good for 8 hours.
When I went back the ad had disappered.
Possible when you came, ad there, sale over.
Sorry if I am correct.

Posted: 09 January 2014 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1254
Joined  2009-10-27

Please contact DAZ, I suppose it’s a store issue and so me and Kendall have no possibility to help. I’ll report the issues to Kevin anyway, so that he knows and can check what happened.

Signature 

Real Plants Collection 1: Fallen Trees, Ivy and Vines”
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 09 January 2014 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5708
Joined  2006-02-20
bicc39 - 09 January 2014 07:15 AM

Possible when you came, ad there, sale over.

That happens to me quite often - I seem to be on a timeline when the store still displays the changing banner ad, but the sale (sometimes 4, sometimes 8 hours) is over.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 09 January 2014 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2005-02-25

Just wanted to show a picture I did using the new fiberhair obj export for the polar bear.  Some of those folks who may find rendering large amounts of hair under high render setting with high quality lights may consider what i did- because at least in this instance it rendered faster as an obj smile  Also was not a very “heavy” obj either smile

It exported beautifully and with wonderful detail, and rendered just as delicately as I think the fur does as renderman curves.

Needless to say, I’ve been impressed with the newest version of LAMH and how well it works with shaders and everything. smile

Image Attachments
Christmas_bear.jpg

Posted: 09 January 2014 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5708
Joined  2006-02-20

Sweet picture!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 09 January 2014 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

Oh so glad it finally worked! i kept trying to post and kept getting that error that the site was down!

Posted: 09 January 2014 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2818
Joined  2004-04-14

So I installed the RC3 and got noting but a white screen where I should have seen my model and hair.

Any thoughts?

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 09 January 2014 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
Mattymanx - 09 January 2014 09:18 AM

So I installed the RC3 and got noting but a white screen where I should have seen my model and hair.

Any thoughts?

Hi, probably you didn’t click the ‘select and import object from Studio’: it’s located at the top right, along the combobox that list the models available in the scene.

Signature 

Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 09 January 2014 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1844
Joined  2006-02-17
Mattymanx - 09 January 2014 09:18 AM

Any thoughts?

Have you installed any of the previous RC’s?  If not, you will need the supplemental files archive as well.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 09 January 2014 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

matty what model/hair preset?

Posted: 09 January 2014 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27

Hello folks, here comes the 1.07RC5 release:

[Windows 64bit] http://lamh.ovbi.org/1.07.RC5/LAMH.1.07.RC5.WIN64.zip
[Windows 32bit] http://lamh.ovbi.org/1.07.RC5/LAMH.1.07.RC5.WIN32.zip
[OSX] http://lamh.ovbi.org/1.07.RC5/LAMH.1.07.RC5.OSX.zip
[Resources folder] http://lamh.ovbi.org/1.07.RC5/LAMH_Resources.zip (if you’ve previously downloaded a RC version, you will not need the resources file.)

Once you download the appropriate version and resources zip files, you need to unzip those in /Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/ (OSX users in: /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins/), overwriting existing content.

We’d really appreciate if you could address eventual issues and support requests via email at: devel_at_look-at-my-hair.com (replace _at_ with @), and not directly in this thread.
In the email please provide log files and the steps that led to the issue.

DAZ Studio log file can be accessed from menu: Help->TroubleShooting->View Log File
LAMH log file path is: Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/logfile.txt

Thanks for the continued support.

Signature 

Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 09 January 2014 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4532
Joined  2004-08-11

So I posted over at the Hivewire forums letting folks know.  There is a couple that want to know what you mean by Poser compatible.  Are you and Ken developing a plugin that will work in Poser or does all work need to be done in DAZ Studio and then exported out?  Or is there a standalone product that your developing?

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 09 January 2014 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1844
Joined  2006-02-17
RAMWolff - 09 January 2014 11:14 AM

So I posted over at the Hivewire forums letting folks know.  There is a couple that want to know what you mean by Poser compatible.  Are you and Ken developing a plugin that will work in Poser or does all work need to be done in DAZ Studio and then exported out?  Or is there a standalone product that your developing?

At the moment, the plugin still needs to run in DS.  However, the FiberHair output is compaitble with Poser.  A poser compatible version is indeed in the works.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 09 January 2014 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

Far as I know the plugin is still Daz only, but the fibermesh can be exported to use in other programs such as poser smile

And props and such made with it…. my broom freebie, for example-the broom straw and its morphs were all made with LAMH. The finished prop works in Ds and Poser smile

3 of 12