Digital Art Zone

1 of 12
Look at my Hair 1.5 available. PDF Manual Ready! [Commercial]
Posted: 01 January 2014 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1248
Joined  2009-10-27

And also the PDF manual is finally available, get it here: http://lamh.ovbi.org/1.5/LAMH.manual.1.5.zip

Video tutorials to come very soon!

Image Attachments
LAMH1p07_advert2.jpg
 Signature 

Real Plants Collection 1: Fallen Trees, Ivy and Vines”
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 01 January 2014 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27

Please check your DIM and update! 1.5 update has been released for both the player and full version!

Signature 

Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 01 January 2014 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  0

Frigging awesome, the number of new features and work done is incredible. Thanks a lot for all your dedication and efforts!

Posted: 01 January 2014 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  848
Joined  2005-11-06

Cool, thanks for the update! maybe now i can get it tom work for me. I could never get satisfactory results when i first tried LAMH.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 02 January 2014 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  227
Joined  2005-09-03

Awesome!  Can’t wait to get home tonight and try this out.  smile  Worked 10 hrs yesterday and totally missed the thread!

Signature 

Kat

Posted: 02 January 2014 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  614
Joined  2006-09-27

Good news.  Hopefully I may remember when I get home.  The only query I have at this time, is which version(s) of Studio does it work with - the current release or the current beta?

Posted: 02 January 2014 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
Zelroth - 02 January 2014 10:22 AM

Good news.  Hopefully I may remember when I get home.  The only query I have at this time, is which version(s) of Studio does it work with - the current release or the current beta?

Officially we always validate and support only current release version. But it has been reported to work well also on the beta.

Signature 

Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 02 January 2014 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
Digital Lite Design - 02 January 2014 09:29 AM

Awesome!  Can’t wait to get home tonight and try this out.  smile  Worked 10 hrs yesterday and totally missed the thread!

Hi Kat, if you always want to catch up with what’s new with LAMH, you may want to like the FB page or subscribe our log, so that you’ll get notified (see my signature for the links).

Signature 

Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 02 January 2014 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2136
Joined  2003-10-09

Cannot wait to try this out.
I have a new character (actually a series of them) in the works that will make full use of LAMH

Rawn

Signature 

A step away from the ordinary
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rawart/

Posted: 02 January 2014 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  155
Joined  0

This is really exciting. I can’t wait to try the instancing grin

Posted: 02 January 2014 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  227
Joined  2005-09-03
Alessandro_AM - 02 January 2014 10:29 AM
Digital Lite Design - 02 January 2014 09:29 AM

Hi Kat, if you always want to catch up with what’s new with LAMH, you may want to like the FB page or subscribe our log, so that you’ll get notified (see my signature for the links).

Thanks, I’ll do that.  Usually I get the beta email, but was busy and didn’t check til this morning.  LOL So my own fault.  smile  I have LOVED the improvements I have tried over the holiday break.  It was running great on my machine.  Looking forward to the final release as well.

Signature 

Kat

Posted: 02 January 2014 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  346
Joined  2007-10-30

While I believe this is a perfectly safe download, I will mention that my McAfee antivirus is reporting that it contains malware and is blocking downloading it.

Will the updated version be available from DAZ?

Charlie

Posted: 02 January 2014 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
Charlie Judge - 02 January 2014 02:25 PM

While I believe this is a perfectly safe download, I will mention that my McAfee antivirus is reporting that it contains malware and is blocking downloading it.

Will the updated version be available from DAZ?

Charlie

I’d dare to say it’s certainly a false positive as we test all files that come out with Nod32 and NAV. Yes the 1.07 will be in DAZ store very soon as a free update, as the latest RC appears to be known robust and tested plentfully.

Signature 

Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 02 January 2014 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2012-02-04

Can you give some details on the “new fibermesh” vs. OBJ export of the original LAMH release?  It sounds like it’s still an OBJ from the description in the attached image.  Or does LAMH now support exporting cyHair files for Lux to read curve data directly?

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage

Posted: 02 January 2014 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
cwichura - 02 January 2014 03:14 PM

Can you give some details on the “new fibermesh” vs. OBJ export of the original LAMH release?  It sounds like it’s still an OBJ from the description in the attached image.  Or does LAMH now support exporting cyHair files for Lux to read curve data directly?

Hello, OBJ is just a storage format.  The FiberHairs are a new method of generation of hair/fur that is significantly different from the way we did it in 1.0.
As an example, a FiberHair with Polygon Compression of 5, on 500K Hairs will see a size improvement to 450MB over a Generic OBJ of over 700MB, with minimal quality loss.
The FiberHairs are written to OBJ only because that is the most widely compatible format.  We could have used .duf just as easily, but that would make the FiberHairs useless for Poser, Maya, etc..

cyHairs and other technologies are items that we are actively working with.  Due to confidentiality agreements, there are certain technologies that we are involved with that cannot be discussed.

Signature 

Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 02 January 2014 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2012-02-04

So it sounds like the fiberhair is a replacement algo for tessellating the curves into polygons that results in fewer total vertexes/faces, hence smaller OBJ.  But done in a manner such that the difference in render quality is not noticeable.  Correct?

Is LAMH generating tris or quads when exporting to OBJ?  Are the strands ribbons or solids (meaning 3 or more sides to a ‘cylinder’ so that normals are always facing outwards)?  (When Lux added the cyHair support, it initially only tessellated into ribbons, but the normals direction caused visible problems in renders.  So two things were done 1) they added an option to make it face all ribbons at a given location (e.g., towards the camera) and 2) they added the option to generate solids with a default of three sides so all normals face out to make reflections in mirror/etc surfaces also look correct, which just facing the ribbons at the camera can’t account for.)

As one who does all their renders with LuxRender, cyHair export would be a pretty awesome feature to see in a future update…

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage

1 of 12