Digital Art Zone

2 of 17
What do you hope to see in 2014?
Posted: 25 December 2013 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  0

More Alessandro’s animals and LAMH stuff for me!

Posted: 25 December 2013 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2008-02-24

* Asian and African characters for M & V 6. And perhaps some Mid East / India ones as well.

* Hazard outfits for both genders

* Winter clothes and other outfits for bad weather for both genders

* Baggy jeans and hoodies

* Art noveau buildings exteriors / interiors, more of this kind http://www.daz3d.com/classic-deco - a lobby perhaps, a skybar with a terrace, office spaces, a kitchen

* A Greek style town. Perhaps Stonemanson could make one wink

* Beduin and/or tuareg clothes

* A camel

* Props or cameras for making cool and realistic rain

* A feature in DAZ to have several scenes open in tabs at the same time, and eaily be able to copy things between.

* A multy add features, so that you may add like 100 spheres primitives with just 2 - 3 clicks

Posted: 25 December 2013 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4215
Joined  2011-11-25

Oh, would also really like to see:

updated cat (housecat), and Dog models.

and working reigns and saddle with poses for Horse 2.

Posted: 25 December 2013 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6958
Joined  2012-09-10
SereneNight - 25 December 2013 08:54 AM

Man, I second THAT. Horse stuff is sadly lacking in functionality.
And where are the horse blankets?  Do we have wraps anywhere for the legs?

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
The Art Studio: Thread #4   Product Discussions
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 25 December 2013 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4215
Joined  2011-11-25

Agreed, horses are beautiful, but the gear included is not user-friendly and really tough to pose. What a major disappointment that the bridle and saddle was decorative only.

Also a different mane without the top bit missing would be appreciated, and a morph pack for those o use without the pro bundle… So we could… Say make a Shetland to pose with our gen6 kids.

Posted: 25 December 2013 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  691
Joined  2010-03-13
Novica - 25 December 2013 09:02 AM
SereneNight - 25 December 2013 08:54 AM

Man, I second THAT. Horse stuff is sadly lacking in functionality.
And where are the horse blankets?  Do we have wraps anywhere for the legs?

Optitex freebie list got a DAZ dynamics horse blanket for the Millennium Horse, didn’t try it on Horse 2 though, yet.

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload05.php

As for my wishes:

* Dynamics and collision in DAZ Studio. Let us finally have any object act as e.g dynamic cloth and collide at will
* DAZ Studio Autofit improvements (sometimes tight dress crumbling at front and if possible boot improvements)
* Aiko 6 (and/or potentially other good anime- / toon-related characters based on G2F *looks at 3D Universe*)
* Solve the DAZ Studio CMS database issues. I love my custom categories, but just looking at the CMS in a wrong way makes it go corrupt/not function correctly
* Cat 2 & Dog 2
* GenX Upgrade (and that wish will be granted soon smile )
* Carrara improvements especially on (but not limited to) the interaction with DAZ Studio and its content. Better 3D painting etc.
* More HD morphs for different characters and different purposes (like the veins freebie from SickleYield) as I think it is a very, very good option to improve characters on close-ups

Posted: 25 December 2013 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2009-08-04

Updating V4/M4’s inhale morph for Genesis and G2. At least GenX2 will be out soon…
The Genesis Muscularity “Autoflex” function for G2 figures, and muscle maps, skeletons, and guts for Genesis 1 and 2.

Posted: 25 December 2013 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2003-10-09

I guess I’d like to see…

- A collection of individual head and body morphs by 3D Universe, so that we can use choose which toony noses, eye shapes, chins, and such to use with his characters.

- Kinect support for DAZ Studio. That actually appeared to be on the way, and it just vanished.

- For someone at DAZ to read the bug report a few of us submitted - and FIXED ourselves a year ago - to put Genesis 2 support back in Puppeteer.

- A medieval modular Stonemason set like the sci-fi one released today. ohhh boy would I save up for that.  smile

SnowS

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 25 December 2013 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1226
Joined  2012-10-10
HeraldOfFire - 24 December 2013 01:38 PM

Here’s a few from my wishlist for 2014.

Kids 6
Yes yes, I know we technically have K6 with the awesome Growing Up morphs, but there’s a lot to be said for Daz when they release a new figure. Alongside any major character release we often see a range of products intended for the character, or morphs based off that figure. Olympia is a recent example, with characters like Diana, Nidale and Kori built off her, each with their own lovely skins and options. The last big-name kids character was Julie and Justin for Genesis, which I still hold in high esteem, but for those younger children we haven’t seen it since Kids 4.

Toon Pirate outfit for Genesis
A bit overly specific you might think, but there’s a reason for this. I’ve owned Skull Cove for a while now, with the aim to use it with Sadie and Sam for Genesis from 3D Universe. Sadly, there aren’t any pirate outfits for Genesis that I know of, and finding one which works well with toon-style figures is probably never going to happen. Still, it’s my wishlist and I’ll have what I like on it, likely or not.

Beards for Genesis 2 Male
I’ll be the first to admit I really suck at using Garibaldi. I’ve tried and failed to create wonderful facial or body hair. Perhaps LAMH is an easier approach, but I firmly believe I simply lack the talent necessary to make it look right. Even hairstyles elude my artistic abilities, with many strands of hair following the other in an all-too uniform style. So, beards then. Not the stubbly kind you get painted on textures, but everything from the gentlemanly beard to the long wizardly kind that could sweep the floor as you walk.

Those are the main three I can think of right now. No doubt I’ll find more things to add to my wishlist (though my desire for a K6 is anything but ephemeral) but that’ll do for today.

I can only say YES!!!

I’d add to those children…

1) More realistic animals, especially primates and dogs, which have such variety in real life and are sooo underrepresented in 3D. I can’t make a poodle - but a real one, not a fancy-hairdressed poor soul - a warrior inside, an idiot outside…

2) More dark-skinned characters (but many people mentioned it before). I’m fed up with seeing white guys and girls all the time.

3) More merchant resources that allow making freebies.

4) Less skimpwear (but I’m realistic, so that dream is going to remain a dream).

Posted: 25 December 2013 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  858
Joined  2005-11-06

For me in 2014, I want dynamics that do not rely on Opitex,that can be used with any object with better collision

More varieties and styles on skimpy female outfits. My GF has so many styles I have never even seen in DS/poser.

More heels for Genesis1 or a conversion that converts heels perfectly between figures.

No more funky sales at DAZ where you have to buy 4-5 items to get the discount

Fix the forum filters and change the TOS to allow for nudity (and allow it for promos also!!!)

Take the gaming licenses and the gaming related content and put it on another site to keep assets for gaming use and ones for rendering separate so that wannabe gaming developers have a place to go and we don’t have to deal with the posts here.

Realistic hair that passes the test in unbiased renderers/more quality fiber mesh hair. LAMH is not user friendly, so not an option.

More skimpy outfits, oh wait, already said that.

In closing,thanks DAZ for DS, I used to be a poser only user, but thanks to Reality, I can’t imagine not using DS now.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 25 December 2013 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11068
Joined  2007-11-06
cecilia.robinson - 25 December 2013 11:27 AM

4) Less skimpwear (but I’m realistic, so that dream is going to remain a dream).

...YES!!!!!!! Especially armour (archaic, contemporary, and futuristic) What warrior, knight, soldier, police/spacefleet security officer etc. in their right mind is going to run around with the most vulnerable part of their body bared to claws, blades, bullets, or energy beams?

@Herakleia, Yes, more Art Noveau period items, not just buildings but also clothing, jewelry, and other props.

@Renpatsu: Improved Autofit, indeeed, especially gloves.

Also more legacy clone shapes for G2F/M like Aiko/Hiro3, David3, Steph4, Mike4, Girl4, etc so we can autofit their clothing and use their UVs.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 25 December 2013 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2080
Joined  2003-10-09

what am i hoping to see in 2014?

more of the same old same old

that way i don’t set my self up for a disappointment

Posted: 25 December 2013 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2007-09-11

How about a brow plate for G2 figures?

Yes, an option to turn conforming clothes into dynamics with the ability to scale the item.
No more skinny jeans for M6, please.
More variety of pants for M6 like, loose fit jeans, baggy jeans, cargo pants, slacks, sweat pants, wide leg.
Vintage clothes for V6 & M6 (PLEASE ANYTHING FROM THE LATE ‘70s and EARLY ‘40s)
Supersuits for the G2 figures
More superhero accessories ..... LOTS MORE.
More jackets and coats
More gloves for V6 and M6
Hats & Helmets

City Hall
Banks
Couthouse
Modern library
Fast food joints
Shopping centers and strip malls
grocery stores Big & Small
Corner Store
Gas Station Modern and Vintage

Posted: 25 December 2013 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2006-05-23

Dogs, or rather a canine pack on par with Big Cat 2 (dogs, wolves, foxes, etc).

Posted: 25 December 2013 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

A true Unisex figure named Genesis 3.

Daz Studio 5

Ultrabodysuits for the sixth generation

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

2 of 17