Digital Art Zone

28 of 31
JULY New Users Contest WIP Thread
Posted: 27 July 2012 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 406 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  146
Joined  2012-03-06
I didn't have time to participate this month, but there are some really good info in this thread. I'm learning a lot.

Also, the participants picks some great poses for this contest. Good luck to you all.

Signature 

The Cashew Gallery (PG-13)

Posted: 28 July 2012 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 407 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7522
Joined  2009-05-14
Scott-Livingston - 27 July 2012 12:22 AM
You make a good point, Jaderail, and I do appreciate the advice. smile Here's one more look before I call it a night...not entirely sure if this is the direction I want to go in, but I do think it's interesting. This shows the bulked-up figures.
As Jaderail mentions some Ambient light will lighten the whole scene. Uber Environment has a Ambient only setting. Don't bother using a HDRI preset just use the Light Colour channel with your colour of choice. Set it to Ambient Only and reduced the light intensity to about 5 or 10% and see if that improves things. Using a Ambient Only Uber Environment doesn't increase render time much at all.

What lights have you got in this scene btw? I think we could get the connection between to two looking better. Possibly in Postwork might be even better.

But the good thing and the main point of this exercise is that the poses look very good.
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 28 July 2012 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 408 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3343
Joined  2012-02-06
Thanks! To be honest the lighting was just an experiment, just a "let's see how this looks" sort of thing, rather than an attempt at balanced or optimized lighting. All it is is the Blue Sky preset seen in my previous render, with all but one of the lights deleted, and a spotlight added and positioned by their hands. I'll give that Ambient Only setting a try when I have a chance...I didn't know about that.
 Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 29 July 2012 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 409 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06
Okay, I tweaked the poses a bit and worked on the lighting, adding a bunch of additional lights including the UE2 Ambient light. May not be perfect yet, but I think it's a big improvement. What do you think?
[ Edited: 29 July 2012 01:35 AM by Scott-Livingston ]
Image Attachments
genesis2o.jpg
creation-of-adam-800.jpg
 Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 29 July 2012 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 410 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1270
Joined  2004-02-13
REMINDER:

Only 1 DAY left to get your entries posted in the Contest Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3452/

Contest ends tomorrow so please get your entries up and don't forget to add in Image Title, software used, and also add your reference image smile

THANKS!!!
 Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 29 July 2012 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 411 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2011-11-30
Hello,

I finished Synchrony in Motion. What do you think?
Do you have suggestions how I could improve it? Do you see some mistakes?
Thanks in advance and I wish you a good last day for the contest grin

@Sasje: I followed your suggestions as far as possible, but a shadow on the ground is not possible.
Because I rendered all three parts in front view, where is no shadow on the floor - no floor at all.
I could put a floor in post-production and fake some shadow, but I don't want to do too much outside DAZ Studio.
So far only the composition of three renders have been done, down-scaling and sharpening.

@Jaderail: I think I participate.

@ Scott-Livingston: Just saw your work and I like it. Next to your ambush it's great work. See you in the next WIP and next Contest (-:

At this time I already want to thank you for the WIP thread and for the contest.
It has been challenging and a good experience.
[ Edited: 29 July 2012 05:40 AM by deloquencia ]
Image Attachments
Posing-Synchrony-in-Motion_Reference.jpg
Sync-in-Motion-Export-795x500.jpg
 Signature 

je souhaite... (-:

Posted: 29 July 2012 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 412 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7482
Joined  2006-03-19
Scott and deloquencia, those look great. Be sure to upload them to the contest thread before time runs out.
 Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 29 July 2012 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 413 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06
@deloquencia: Thanks! I'm very impressed with "Synchrony in Motion." I do think it would greatly benefit from a floor, ideally with shadows or reflections, even if you have to do it in postwork. The only other possible flaw I see is that the central male figure's right foot looks awkwardly bent to me. Now, it may not be possible to pose it in a way that matches the reference image but doesn't look awkward...that wouldn't surprise me. But if that's the case, you may want to consider moving the foot into a more natural-looking pose, even if it results in a pose that's not as close to the reference image. I hope I'm not giving you bad advice; I know the point of the contest is to get as close as you can to the reference pose. I will say I did the same thing (intentionally deviate from the ref pose) in my image, on the God figure's left hand.
 Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 29 July 2012 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 414 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-19
I don't think the foot looks weird. I think you've done a great job with it and its one of my favorites.
 Signature 

Posted: 29 July 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 415 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2011-11-30
Hello,

thanks for the replies.
I'm going to put a floor into the scene.

@Scott-Livingston: Yes, you're right with the right feet, it looks unnatural. But I had not only to break the twisting limit at this joint here.
At a few here and there I had to set the limits of rotation higher, especially at the joints of hands, thighs and abdomens/waists.
Try this position yourself, I tried. I fall, but with training you can twist your shin and foot like that.

The gods finger looks awesome, you'd do that, too. Perhaps this distinguish a god... wink

I'd love to see shadow and reflection like you, too. But to establish that the best would to render it in one part, not in three parts as I did. My amount of memory won't let me render a scene with 14 models. I already ran out of memory with rendering the parts in the back, each one with 6 models.

But one day I'll return to synchrony in motion with more RAM grin

Addendum: I did a pseudo shadow on a wooden floor.
[ Edited: 29 July 2012 11:14 AM by deloquencia ]
 Signature 

je souhaite... (-:

Posted: 29 July 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 416 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22
Wow.. Great work everyone. Now hush and post them to the contest thread.
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 29 July 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 417 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-19
It's been a fantastic month with so many great entries. It's gonna be a hard month to judge.
 Signature 

Posted: 29 July 2012 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 418 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06
Great job...looks even better with the floor.

deloquencia - 29 July 2012 10:32 AM
Hello,

thanks for the replies.
I'm going to put a floor into the scene.

@Scott-Livingston: Yes, you're right with the right feet, it looks unnatural. But I had not only to break the twisting limit at this joint here.
At a few here and there I had to set the limits of rotation higher, especially at the joints of hands, thighs and abdomens/waists.
Try this position yourself, I tried. I fall, but with training you can twist your shin and foot like that.

The gods finger looks awesome, you'd do that, too. Perhaps this distinguish a god... wink

I'd love to see shadow and reflection like you, too. But to establish that the best would to render it in one part, not in three parts as I did. My amount of memory won't let me render a scene with 14 models. I already ran out of memory with rendering the parts in the back, each one with 6 models.

But one day I'll return to synchrony in motion with more RAM grin

Addendum: I did a pseudo shadow on a wooden floor.
 Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 29 July 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 419 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4806
Joined  2006-08-27
I almost gave up on this one for various reasons. The poses are limited by the joint constraints and I didn't care for them with the limits disabled.

Image Attachments
Bronto_and_T-Rex.jpg
dino-diorama.jpg
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 29 July 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 420 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  594
Joined  2010-02-25
Scott, deloquencia and evilproducer you all did very good work grin good luck
 Signature 

My renders on deviantART http://rendersas.deviantart.com/

28 of 31