Digital Art Zone

3 of 31
JULY New Users Contest WIP Thread
Posted: 06 July 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16030
Joined  2003-10-09
Wilnap I think you will find that the legs in your render are wrong.

If you check this image, which is a bit clearer, you will see you have the leg postions reversed, which is why the one leg looks so awkward, and the foot the wrong way around It should be the left leg is the one stretched out to the back

http://www.criticaldance.com/features/2003/PNB_Panel_20030916.html
[ Edited: 06 July 2012 03:51 PM by chohole ]
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 06 July 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
I concur, wrong leg is streched out behind the character. Even in the small image you can see it's the top of the foot not the bottom of the foot you see in that pose.
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 06 July 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7689
Joined  2006-03-19
I just had to look again after seeing your guy's feedback. I didn't even notice the leg was backward from the photo. OOPS!
 Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 06 July 2012 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1312
Joined  2004-02-13
wilmap - 06 July 2012 02:34 PM
Just the Pose so far. It's harder than I thought! Had to turn off limits to get arms and leggs in the right position. V4 and rendered in DS3.

Lovely job on this...very fluid and lovely...I do notice the legs got reversed...if it makes you feel any better though I did the same when playing with mine and posting my little tutorial *blush* and I've been doing this for like 8 years now LOL

I decided to go ahead and finish my image kinda off...just cuz after I spent all the time posing for the tutorial I figured I may as well LOL I notice the hands are still a touch off but since I am just doing this for fun I decided not to stress over it LOL As a note though, having the floor in Poser or a Plane added as a floor in DS will help with Posing any parts that are touching the ground in your pose. Also you may want to view from multiple straight on angles like Front, Back, Left, Right just to be sure everything is touching as you want it to be (unlike what I just did here with the hands *oops* Let me be a lesson on what not to do hehe smile) I Also note the bows on the outfit in my image are currently defying gravity as well but shhh don't tell wink
Image Attachments
Step5.jpg
 Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 06 July 2012 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2961
Joined  2004-10-25
Szark - 06 July 2012 12:48 PM
Nope the Pivot point is still at the feet Miss B I am sorry to say. But selecting the hip does allow, in a way, to be the pivot point.

My advice is when use the "Point At" feature is to load a NULL and Point At that. Then you will have more control over where the light hits.

That's exactly what I've been doing with respect to lights. I sometimes even do that in DS 3A when I have a whole scene and want fill ilghts hitting in certain areas instead of all the lights hitting the main subject.

At least I know I'm not crazy about the Pivot point being the feet in Genesis. I couldn't understand why they did that, but then Genesis isn't built like older characters, so they probably (literally) built it "from the ground up". It's possible they couldn't do it any other way with that technology, because I'm sure they thought of it.
 Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 06 July 2012 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7992
Joined  2009-05-14
Wilmap excellent start with chosing another difficult pose. Doing these awkward poses really does give a better insight on the limitations of the figure. I find Genesis so much easier to pose than V4/M4. Which isn't surprising really given that it has more bones.

Nice work Ann.
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 06 July 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
Miss B - 06 July 2012 04:40 PM
Szark - 06 July 2012 12:48 PM
Nope the Pivot point is still at the feet Miss B I am sorry to say. But selecting the hip does allow, in a way, to be the pivot point.

My advice is when use the "Point At" feature is to load a NULL and Point At that. Then you will have more control over where the light hits.

That's exactly what I've been doing with respect to lights. I sometimes even do that in DS 3A when I have a whole scene and want fill ilghts hitting in certain areas instead of all the lights hitting the main subject.

At least I know I'm not crazy about the Pivot point being the feet in Genesis. I couldn't understand why they did that, but then Genesis isn't built like older characters, so they probably (literally) built it "from the ground up". It's possible they couldn't do it any other way with that technology, because I'm sure they thought of it.
You could always Move the Pivot Point in Pro with the Joint Editor like I have done in the image below.
Image Attachments
JointEditor3.jpeg
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 06 July 2012 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Hmmm... Or you could just select the hip and Use the Rotate tool to get pivot at Hip and then pose.
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 06 July 2012 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
Jaderail - 06 July 2012 04:58 PM
Hmmm... Or you could just select the hip and Use the Rotate tool to get pivot at Hip and then pose.
Exactly what I was trying to get across in my previous posts but just couldn't gte my wording right. smile That is how I did my example pose. I don't have any problems with the Pivot at the feet becasue of that very reason Jaderail.

But learning to move a Pivot point can be helpful though for all sorts of things. smile
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 06 July 2012 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Szark - 06 July 2012 05:05 PM
Jaderail - 06 July 2012 04:58 PM
Exactly what I was trying to get across in my previous posts but just couldn't gte my wording right. smile That is how I did my example pose. I don't have any problems with the Pivot at the feet becasue of that very reason Jaderail.

But learning to move a Pivot point can be helpful though for all sorts of things. smile
You are correct. Knowing how to do it will be handy. We all have those DUH, how do I say this monemts? I'm the KING of DUH!
 Signature 

Posted: 07 July 2012 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1901
Joined  2011-07-31
Jaderail - 05 July 2012 09:08 AM
I think that the hardest part to understand is that the pose BASE is the HIP. If the hip needs an angle to it then it must be done first then you pose the rest of the figure. IF you pose the HIP properly the rest will follow up and down the bones as needed. You can not pose the Upper or Lower Body and then pose the Hip. All your work will be off once you change the Hip's position.

Thanks, Jaderail. I didn't know that. I've picked out some pictures and now I have to narrow it down. My goal is to finally get something finished and submitted this month.
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 07 July 2012 02:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4774
Joined  2004-07-01
a toon action wip - using DS 4.5

Image Attachments
a_toon_hero_wip.jpg

Posted: 07 July 2012 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1784
Joined  2010-10-10
chohole - 06 July 2012 03:47 PM
Wilnap I think you will find that the legs in your render are wrong.

If you check this image, which is a bit clearer, you will see you have the leg postions reversed, which is why the one leg looks so awkward, and the foot the wrong way around It should be the left leg is the one stretched out to the back

http://www.criticaldance.com/features/2003/PNB_Panel_20030916.html

Oh yes, so it is. No wonder I had proplems getting that foot to turn!

I couldn't find a better picture.

Will have another try later.
 Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 07 July 2012 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1784
Joined  2010-10-10
Changed the legs around this morning. Not too keen on her shoulder though!

Put her by the lake with the swans!:-)

Image Attachments
swan_lake_2.jpg
 Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 07 July 2012 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16030
Joined  2003-10-09
wilmap - 07 July 2012 03:53 AM
Changed the legs around this morning. Not too keen on her shoulder though!

Put her by the lake with the swans!:-)

Oh wow, now that is really good, I am so glad you got it sorted out.
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

3 of 31