Digital Art Zone

3 of 6
Fast Grab DAZ are getting pretty slack
Posted: 23 December 2013 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2731
Joined  2004-04-25

How many Genesis users purchased this product?

http://www.daz3d.com/liquid-halo-on-sky-16-for-genesis

Now, go look for the original version.  It is a DAZ buyout that was later refit for Genesis.  It was created for Victoria 3 many, many years ago.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 23 December 2013 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  767
Joined  2005-12-12
snowpheonix - 23 December 2013 01:17 AM

Do you have an issue with clear labeling?

No, not at all. As DAZ_Jared already pointed out, though, things in the shop are already labeled.
Now, I won’t say that things in that area couldn’t be improved. But this site has still so many other issues that not even I think it should be a priority right now.

Posted: 23 December 2013 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  132
Joined  2013-06-27
DAZ_jared - 23 December 2013 11:18 AM

Having to filter out things you don’t want to purchase is pretty much how shopping anywhere works.  Me personally, I love General Mills Cereal.  Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charms, Trix, Kix, Resse’sPuffs, you name it, I’ll eat it.  I don’t buy that bagged cardboard from Malt O’ Meal.  I swore off that stuff as soon as I moved out on my own.  However, I don’t go down to my local store and demand that they move the Malt O’ Meal cereals to a separate aisle because I won’t buy them.  I know for a fact that there are plenty of people that not only buy Malt O’ Meal, but they prefer it over name brand boxed cereals.  Instead of trying to force my cereal preferences on others I just shop for the cereal that I want.  It’s pretty simple.

PS - I know that the analogy isn’t perfect, but I love cereal so much I don’t even care.

Mmmm Cinnamon Toast Crunch….

When it comes to the marketplace things are clearly labeled at least for me to understand, and I do not feel that much interferes with my shopping here.  Well except for all of the great sales that seem to have me all over the shop lately. wink
Also things aren’t “ancient” until they are at least quite a few centuries old, the correct term would be vintage and even that is pushing it just a little.

Posted: 24 December 2013 01:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  448
Joined  2012-08-15
DAZ_jared - 23 December 2013 11:18 AM

On the topic of Fast Grab, it was updated this morning.

On the topic of labeling pre/post genesis stuff.  Isn’t it painfully obvious?  Each product page lists the compatible 3D figure.  It tells you right on the product page what figure/generation it is for.

If you filter the store by release date then you will get the latest and greatest content.  Keep in mind that PA’s are still releasing stuff for V4/M4 as well as Genesis.  But that stuff isn’t “crap” it’s good content.  It has to be good content other wise we wouldn’t approve it to be sold in our store.  The standard for approval keeps going up as our awesome PA’s continue to produce better and better stuff.

Having to filter out things you don’t want to purchase is pretty much how shopping anywhere works.  It’s pretty simple.

PS - I know that the analogy isn’t perfect, but I love cereal so much I don’t even care.

Good because last week the Fast Grab was the same 3 items for 3 days in a row and it claims to be ‘updated daily’.  You should be happy that some of us actually do check it daily.. looking for a good bargain.

As to the older version, no.  It isn’t always obvious, especially with some of the older items.  I’ve bought items out of the store that were so old they didn’t even have a installer that would work with the current version of DAZ.  I felt really ripped off when I’ve bought items that didn’t work and my ultimate point is that it needs to be more clearly labeled and I’d like to see things like file sizes and picture pixels.

I’ve also asked that you guys use bigger demonstration pictures that are labeled whether they are rendered in DAZ or Poser.

Here is the thing, instead of arguing with the customers, see how you can make them happy instead. 

As for your disparaging remarks for using the search filter, the filter only makes it so you can search for one group at a time.  Make a filter that removes all pre-Victoria 4 items and then we can talk.  Until then, your just demonstrating bad customer service.

Merry Christmas

Image Attachments
background09c.jpg
 Signature 

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
─▀██▀─▄███▄─▀██─██▀██▀▀▀█─
──██─███─███─██─██─██▄█───
──██─▀██▄██▀─▀█▄█▀─██▀█───
─▄██▄▄█▀▀▀─────▀──▄██▄▄▄█...
While the heart beats, hope lingers..

Posted: 24 December 2013 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-08-15
cecilia.robinson - 23 December 2013 09:05 AM

Frankly, I guess there will always be a hit and miss thing with ALL generation figures. Some of A3 or H3 clothing is simply stunning, whereas those “brand new” items for Gen2F or Dawn can be of poor quality. It depends on the vendor, the shop doesn’t have much with that, although a category with older - or older AND less frequently bought - items would be an interesting thing. It’s especially interwoven with V3, M3, S3, F3 stuff. A3 clothing - I don’t know why - seems more universal.

I totally agree with you.  Personally, I want to ensure that I have done my best to not buy anymore turkeys that ‘looked’ good in the promotional render, only to find out it looked aweful.  That’s why I want to see DAZ start clearly labeling the file sizes and pixel resolution along with larger render sizes on the promotional pictures like what they do over at Renderocity.com.

I personally find several of these guys pushing a lot of excuses to keep poor quality standards but in the end, somebody at DAZ must be reasonable and realize I’m only asking to improve the experience for all of us but especially people that are new to DAZ so they don’t make the same mistakes I do.

Image Attachments
angels2f.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 24 December 2013 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5850
Joined  2006-02-20

I like the older figures and content too.
I would be one of those shouting very loudly if Daz tries to “archive” things again.
But I like tinkering with things - I am not the just load and render type.
Labelling would be ok - but you just have to sort the store by date and you have no problems.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 24 December 2013 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-08-15
Kerya - 24 December 2013 03:03 AM

I would be one of those shouting very loudly if Daz tries to “archive” things again.

You know, I just don’t get people like you.  Victoria 4 came out in December of 2006.  So I’m only talking about creating a search option that would remove things that have been in the store for more than 7 years.  Now if you haven’t bought all the things that could possibly be useful in 7 years, why should the rest of us keep getting search results that include dinosaur material that you didn’t think to purchase in probably a decade?

I mean, its not like the PA’s and company don’t give excellent help around here… let’s give credit where credit is due.  Several times now, I’ve come to this forum and asked for new items and within a matter of weeks, people made them, including things like Ms. Kringle’s outfit and even a free Santa hat… (thanks guys).  So, if you needed something, it’s not like you can’t get new updated versions with current fits and HD textures so the products look real… a lot has changed in technology since 2006.

Don’t whinge if you didn’t think to buy that golden oldie by now… get with the times and ask for something new to be made… then you will be able to ‘tinker’ with something better.

Image Attachments
HDgirl3aga7c.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 24 December 2013 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3232
Joined  2007-06-22
snowpheonix - 24 December 2013 05:51 AM
Kerya - 24 December 2013 03:03 AM

You know, I just don’t get people like you.  Victoria 4 came out in December of 2006.  So I’m only talking about creating a search option that would remove things that have been in the store for more than 7 years.  Now if you haven’t bought all the things that could possibly be useful in 7 years, why should the rest of us keep getting search results that include dinosaur material that you didn’t think to purchase in probably a decade?

I mean, its not like the PA’s and company don’t give excellent help around here… let’s give credit where credit is due.  Several times now, I’ve come to this forum and asked for new items and within a matter of weeks, people made them, including things like Ms. Kringle’s outfit and even a free Santa hat… (thanks guys).  So, if you needed something, it’s not like you can’t get new updated versions with current fits and HD textures so the products look real… a lot has changed in technology since 2006.

Don’t whinge if you didn’t think to buy that golden oldie by now… get with the times and ask for something new to be made… then you will be able to ‘tinker’ with something better.

And I don’t get people like you who think because they want something a particular way the rest of us want it that way.
Not everyone can afford everything the minute it comes out, not everyone has up to the date tech, hence why some people are still using DS 3.
Please realise that Victoria 4 is still a very very popular figure, she possible still outdoes Genesis, I want V4 products included in searches I don’t want to have to filter again just to make sure they are included.

Posted: 24 December 2013 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14209
Joined  2003-10-09

Please drop the “people like you” stuff - different people will have different wants and needs, that isn’t something they should be criticised for.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 24 December 2013 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1604
Joined  2008-11-10
snowpheonix - 24 December 2013 05:51 AM

\

These are renders of outfits that predate V4, which are very usable on Genesis and no one has made since M3. And people have asked for new versions and it hasn’t happened. I purchased these outfits right after the Gen 3 clones for genesis became available.

So it’s great that Genesis does allow you to convert from older generations so you have more of a choice for your characters and renders. And this is really what this is about and why the store has what it has. So there’s no reason to exclude these outfits since they converted so well to Genesis… better than how Gen4 outfits converted to Genesis.

Image Attachments
Braxton_Big_Elf.jpgRyuu_outfit_01.jpgBraxton_silo01.jpgAxel_M5_Francois_2.jpg

Posted: 24 December 2013 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3232
Joined  2007-06-22

Ohh I just adore the hat in the first one.

Posted: 24 December 2013 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1604
Joined  2008-11-10
scorpio64dragon - 24 December 2013 06:40 AM

Ohh I just adore the hat in the first one.

I like the hat too. I may have to find that outfit and reconvert it to use with G2M.  Gen 3 had the widest variety of clothing of all the generations, especially for the males.. Gen 4 rolled along and it stopped… so it’s great that I can pull in those clothing for use in Genesis.

Posted: 24 December 2013 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5850
Joined  2006-02-20

First: I simply don’t have the money to buy everything.
Second: sometimes the need for something special comes much later

Third (and probably more helpful for you): Why don’t you sort by date?

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 24 December 2013 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-08-15
Kerya - 24 December 2013 06:50 AM

Third (and probably more helpful for you): Why don’t you sort by date?

I get what all of you have said.  BTW, Nice art. smile  Still comes up and I’ve been really irked by some of those old turkeys I bought. 

It really is a culmination of what everybody has said and I leave it in all of your capable hands to continue on doing what we do.

Thanks for your patience.  Merry Christmas.

P.S. It’s Christmas here in Australia :p

Image Attachments
tigerwinkgirlsit2a.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 24 December 2013 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2731
Joined  2004-04-25

A bit of information for the OP.  DAZ installers have nothing what so ever to do with the version of DS you are using.  DAZ was using installers before DAZ Studio even existed.  Before Poser 5 even existed for that matter.

Yes, there are some older products that still use (or used) the old Wise installer tthat does not work Mac’s using certain OS’s.  If you purchased products that you couldn’t install, you could have returned them within the 30 days for a refund without a problem. 

It is also the reason DAZ made the decision to go with zips rather than stick to the installers. 

The store has plenty of filters.  A user just has to take a bit of time to use them. 

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

3 of 6