Beginner's Contest Rules and Regulations
UPDATED: July 4th, 2012 If you have any questions on the following rules, please feel free to PM me or e-mail aanderson @ daz3d.com
(Please be sure to remove the space before and after the @ sign)
1. Be logged in to your DAZ3D Forum account to submit a valid entry. We will not accept Annonymous or Guest Entries.
2. Submit your image in .jpg format to the appropriate contest thread.
3. Upload you image using the Post Reply - Browse to Attachment feature (In other words please do not link to your image but rather post it to the thread)
4. Keep your images under 400 KB
5. Keep the size of your image to 800 x 800 Max for easier viewing. If you feel your composition would be better served in a wide format or one that is high, please feel free to use any proportion you like up to those numbers. (Example: 800 x 600 or 600x800 etc just be sure not to let any dimension go beyond 800)
6. Submit no more then 2 images to any one contest.
7. Post your final images/entries to the Official Contest Thread. For revisions, advice, or discussions on your final image before submitting it, please post to the WIP Thread.
8. Include the following information in the in the post that accompanies your entry:
----Software Used to Create the Image.
9. Follow the DAZ Terms of Service. No nudity, violence or profanity will be allowed.
10. Please enter images created specifically for this contest and not previously available for public viewing.
Any artwork found to violate the above rules of the contest will be pulled from the contest and that member notified by PM in an attempt to give the entrant time to fix any infractions and let them resubmit.
1. Make revisions to your entry as well as get feedback and comments within the WIP thread that is posted with the official contest thread every month. A link to the accompanying comment thread will be located in the Contest thread for those interested in getting feedback or advice on their artwork.
2. Use any 3D program you choose to create your image.
3. Post-work your image. Please keep within the spirit of the contest though. (Example: If a contest is on lighting, please experiment with the lighting within your application of choice rather then applying lighting effects within your 2D Applications)
4. Post your image publicly within the WIP Thread during the creation process or publicly once you have completed the final image and submitted it to the Official Contest Thread..
1. This contest is open to individuals only. Groups are not allowed. DAZ3D Published Artists and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited.
2. If you are selected as a contest winner or honorable mention, you agree that the 2012 Beginner's Contest organizers may publicize your community name and your contest entry. Apart from the prizes associated with being selected as a winner, the 2012 Beginner's Contest organizers shall not be obligated to compensate you in any way for such publicity.
3. Each entrant shall indemnify, defend, and hold the 2012 Beginner's Contest organizers and DAZ3D harmless from any third party claims arising from or related to that entrant's participation in the contest. In no event shall the 2012 Beginner's Contest organizers or DAZ3D be liable for acts or omissions arising out of or related to the contest or to an entrant's participation in the contest.
5. Odds of winning depend on the number and quality of entries received.
6. All taxes, including income taxes, are the sole responsibility of winners.
7. No prize substitution is permitted.
8. Winner(s) may be required to verify their entry.
Note: All images entered in the contest are copyrighted and owned by the artist. By submitting to the contest, the artist agrees to grant the 2012 Beginner's Contest organizers the right to print or otherwise re-publish the submitted images in various marketing or web materials so long as credit is given to the artist as the original creator of the image(s). No image(s) may be taken or used by any other third party without permission from the artist.
Winners will be chosen by a poll of community volunteers; the image with the most votes will be awarded First Place; the image with the second most votes will be awarded Second Place; the image with the third most votes will be awarded Honorable Mention. Images are judged based on subject matter, image quality, lighting, design/composition, technique, and how appropriate the image is for the theme of the contest. All decisions by the judges are final and if a winner forfeits their prize that it will not be awarded to another entrant.
First Place (One Winner per Month)
- $ TBA DAZ3D Gift Certificate
Second Place (One Winner per Month)
- $ TBA DAZ3D Gift Certificate
Honorable Mention (One Winner per Month)
- $ TBA DAZ3D Gift Certificate
Other prizes may be offered at the Sole Discretion of the Beginner's Contest Organizers and DAZ3D
The winning entries will be announced on the DAZ3D forums within the Contest Thread as soon as possible after the contest closing date. Said announcement should take place within 72 Hours of the Closing Date (unless announced otherwise) and all Gift Certificates Applied to the Accounts of the Winners within 48 hours of the Winners being announced (Unless Otherwise Specified).
On occasion where additional prizes such as DAZ3D Products are given as a prize, the announced winners may be contacted via Forum PM to give them information on how to claim their additional prizes.
Winners have 14 days from the date of that notification (PM) to claim the prize.
Prizes may be claimed by return Forum PM.
Unclaimed prizes may be redistributed to another entrant at the sole discretion of DAZ3D or the Beginner's Contest Program Coordinators.
Beginner's Contest Coordinators and DAZ3D will not be liable for non-received prize notifications.
NEW USERS PEER MENTOR PROGRAM
Graduation from the New User's Contest
Upon winning the New Users Contest (1st Place) twice, you will receive a PM asking if you would like to join the group as a Peer Mentor. A Peer Mentor is someone we believe has show to have excellent command of the skills we are trying to teach and is ready to basically Graduate from the New Users Contest into Contests being offered in the forums and also has show the skill necessary to help mentor other new users in the Contest WIP Threads.
As a Beginners Contest Graduate (Peer Mentor) you will be unable to enter the Beginners (New User's) Contests as an entrant but through participating and helping others just starting out will be eligible for other prizes only available to those mentoring in the Contest WIP Threads. We do this in an effort to give as many as possible a real chance at winning the contests and in an effort to have those who are now ready to explore more intermediate to advanced concepts the ability to help others who are just starting out while not losing their ability to still win prizes.
More Specific Details To Follow
If you have any questions about this graduation process/program, please feel free to contact me using the contact information in the first post of this thread.