Digital Art Zone

2 of 4
Very poor customer service
Posted: 20 December 2013 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2004-01-11

“I’ve asked support to take another look at your ticket, but you need to keep in mind that there are several reasons why the product may not appear in your account.  1st is that you returned it.  I can’t tell you how many tickets I’ve answered like this where it turns out that the person returned the product and then forgot that they had done so.  I’m not saying that is what happened but it is a definite possibility.”

Thanks for you reply Jared and I am not blaming Britney herself. She is obviously snowed under (metaphorically or literally). DAZ needs more support employees. The point is that I EMPHATICALLY stated 1)That I did purchase the items 2) I very clearly listed them 3) I never “returned” them.

Really, honestly, what does DAZ think is best here, to completely turn off a customer who has purchased a truck load of stuff over many years and might just like to order more, or to treat me with suspicion, inertia or laziness, or not bother, when the right thing to do is to respond to me with at least a degree of empathy (not a curt one line sentence telling me to give the “order number” when I already said CLEARLY that it wasn’t available)?

I don’t think I’ve ever returned a single item, and I do know how databases work. Even the most basic can cross reference email addresses, surnames, forenames, serial numbers, key codes, product numbers and order numbers. That is very basic stuff. But even if that wasn’t so, I am just asking for DECENT support. If I get such a query I immediately contact the customer and it is all sorted in ten minutes. Really, there is no excuse. I’m running out of patience.

Now, PLEASE, why doesn’t DAZ save itself, let alone me, from all this aggro and in a timely manner spend just THREE minutes writing me a proper reply and solution to what really is a very simple support request. Thank you.

Posted: 20 December 2013 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1304
Joined  2010-09-29

So I had Ben query both databases (yes we keep a backup database for instances like this).  No where in either database is there a record of you purchasing V3, or any of those other addons.  The probability of both databases having the exact same error at the exact same time is so astronomically low that its just not a possibility.

I’m sorry, but the fact of the matter is, that if you got V3 and her morphs you didn’t purchase them through the online store.  Like I said, it is extremely probably that you got them through a disc.

I have emailed Britney about your ticket.  She will take a look at it.  I have also recommended that she just add V3 and the morphs to your cart as the evidence indicates that even though you didn’t purchase through the online store you probably got it on a disc, or through some other legitimate means. (The decision is ultimately up to her though).

Britney is super busy, so you will have to be patient with her.

Posted: 20 December 2013 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-01-11
DAZ_jared - 20 December 2013 01:11 PM

So I had Ben query both databases (yes we keep a backup database for instances like this).  No where in either database is there a record of you purchasing V3, or any of those other addons.  The probability of both databases having the exact same error at the exact same time is so astronomically low that its just not a possibility.

I’m sorry, but the fact of the matter is, that if you got V3 and her morphs you didn’t purchase them through the online store.  Like I said, it is extremely probably that you got them through a disc.

I have emailed Britney about your ticket.  She will take a look at it.  I have also recommended that she just add V3 and the morphs to your cart as the evidence indicates that even though you didn’t purchase through the online store you probably got it on a disc, or through some other legitimate means. (The decision is ultimately up to her though).

Britney is super busy, so you will have to be patient with her.

Sorry Jared but this is simply outrageous. You say there is no record of “any of those other addons”  I am right now LOOKING at the addons in my product list, several of them for V3, and relying on V3 being installed. If you have access to my account you can see them!

I have never purchased a disc, ever, of anything related to DAZ products. This is just an estimate but at today’s prices I estimate somewhere in the region of between $1300 and $2000 worth of DAZ addons which ARE listed. As I have explained, and have now several other DAZ customers, for some reason some products seem to have disappeared from product lists. A good proportion of my listed products rely on V3 already being installed, so why would I have purchased them….just for fun?

I also have the original POSER installers from DAZ of the V3 items in question. If you would like to guide me as to how I can send evidence of them I am happy to do so, though I note there is no email address for DAZ. I assume when an installer opens and it says “DAZ installer for V3” it is in fact from DAZ. Where else could I have purchased these items?

You seem to be implying that I am either mistaken or lying. I am doing neither. What does it cost DAZ to service a customer? I find it extraordinary that DAZ is being so stubborn about this. What do you think DAZ gains by this stubbornness?

Regarding a support person being busy I do sympathise, but again, I have to say given the large turnover of DAZ, delays in support can only be due to the large number of customers being served by a commensurately small and disproportionate number of support staff. That really is not my problem and I have already discussed that I personally could not be comfortable with a poor customer support level merely on the basis that I was “busy”. If Britney is busy that is because more staff are needed to match the high turnover.

If you would like to go to PMs to solve this I am happy to do so. I am only posting here because I am a long standing customer who is getting extremely poor service over a couple of items it costs DAZ virtually nothing to put right,  but is choosing to remain stubborn.

Thanks.

Posted: 20 December 2013 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1786
Joined  2005-12-31

You say there is no record of “any of those other addons”

If you can see the morphs and textures in your product list then I am very confused about what the problem is.

I have never purchased a disc, ever, of anything related to DAZ products.

You would not have purchased the discs they were free as part of magazine deals. And there would be no record at daz if you picked V3 up free from CNET during the several years they were on there. Point being there were quite a few legitimate ways to get V3 (and her morphs) free without ever having to go through the DAZ site.

I also have the original POSER installers from DAZ of the V3 items in question.

Products that old wouldn’t have had one installer and nothing seperate for Studio. But having them doesn’t prove that you didn’t get them from Cnet etc. It does however mean you have the content already.

Posted: 20 December 2013 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2008-05-23

I had my external HD crash and had to reload all of my content through DIM.  Like the OP, my V3 base was missing and not in my downloads. 

I believe (it has been years and several computers ago) that V3 base used to be a part of Studio V2.x content.  As I recall, it came with the background environment and V3 to build a fairy scene.  Unlike the OP, I just repurchased V3 base ( and it looked like the icon from the old content). 

ncamp

Posted: 20 December 2013 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1304
Joined  2010-09-29

PM Sent

Posted: 20 December 2013 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2008-05-23

Whoops, it was older than v2, it was 1.7.  Here is a link to a pic of the scene I was thinking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DAZ_Studio_1715_screenshot.png

ncamp

Posted: 20 December 2013 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2006-07-28

Ok, bear with me if I’m being obvious here, but have you tried searching your product library for “Victoria 3.0 Base” instead of V3? That’s what it’s listed under for me. Over the years, I’ve “purchased” V3 Base at least 5 times in various bundles including the V3 Anniversary bundle, Eovia bundle, & the Platiunum Club Renewal freebies.
Merry Christmas!
-D

Posted: 20 December 2013 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1609
Joined  2008-11-10
leonardis - 20 December 2013 02:05 PM

If you would like to go to PMs to solve this I am happy to do so. I am only posting here because I am a long standing customer who is getting extremely poor service over a couple of items it costs DAZ virtually nothing to put right,  but is choosing to remain stubborn.

Thanks.

I’m not getting the poor customer service, with all the venues that you could get V3 (I got it from c-net, then from daz while it was free) it’s quite possible you didn’t get it from DAZ when you thought you did, especially if your purchase history doesn’t show you got it. I have gigs of content purchased from DAZ too and I’m looking at V3 and addons right in my purchase history. I don’t see them singling you out or deleting V3, because far more people would be having this issue.

Posted: 20 December 2013 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  392
Joined  2011-05-27

I can’t count the number of CDs I’ve bought over the years.  I also couldn’t tell you which products in my Runtime are from a CD.  I’ve been at this for 7 years now and it is quite possible I can mess up and forget where I got a product.  I also have over 1400 items installed into my Runtime via DIM.

Point is this.  I’ve had my issues with DAZ in the past but never would I believe that they would try and screw me over on my products.  I know that if I get off my butt and get all that CD stuff into my account, they would do it.  I still have the CDs and the magazines.  I’m sure that’s all Britney would need to have those products put in my purchase history and she would do it.

IMO, it’s not fair to be mad because they can’t find something.  Work with them, and they will set the account right.  This I firmly believe despite the problems I’ve had with them in the past.

Just my opinion.

Thank you.

Signature 

DAZ Studio 4 Pro user, Poser Pro 2012 user, Bryce 7 Pro user, Vue 8 Complete user, Photoshop CS4 user.

Posted: 20 December 2013 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  863
Joined  2005-11-06

I work in retail management and have run an online store before. In my opinion, DAZ has done what they can and based on what I have read here they have been professional and respectful with empathy towards the problem.  I see customers daily trying to pull a fast one on getting something they shouldn’t or trying to steal, more so than not. Not saying that is the case here at all, but you deal with this kind of customer mentality long enough it makes you a bit wary. Reminds me of the lady I dealt with today that swore up and down she bought a certain brand and type of product last week that we don’t even carry

I have never had bad or unfavorable service from DAZ (knock on wood)

If you still can’t find out where you got V3 from, just work with Genesis since it can take V3 morphs and clothing and it comes with DS.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 20 December 2013 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  161
Joined  2011-03-29
ncamp - 20 December 2013 02:23 PM

I had my external HD crash and had to reload all of my content through DIM.  Like the OP, my V3 base was missing and not in my downloads. 

I believe (it has been years and several computers ago) that V3 base used to be a part of Studio V2.x content.  As I recall, it came with the background environment and V3 to build a fairy scene.  Unlike the OP, I just repurchased V3 base ( and it looked like the icon from the old content). 

ncamp

You can still get all the stuff for that scene from your product library. Go to your product library and search “Daz Studio” and an older version should come up marked as inactive. In mine I have “Daz Studio 3.x (inactive)” and if you go to it there are links that say “DAZ Studio Base Content” - one for windows and one for mac. That’s Victoria 3 and the fairy scene content. It’s cute stuff - I like the dragonfly grin

Oh… and you will have to manually add its directory to your Daz directories because it doesn’t install with DIM into that one, it has one of the old installers.

Signature 

My Studio’s Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/lonegnomestudios

My Deviant Art Page
http://megonnoel.deviantart.com/

Posted: 20 December 2013 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-01-11

Thanks for the contributions. I have never downloaded or received a CD of V3 or associated core products, or a freebie, except the current raft of Genesis and DS core products. I do have the original POSER installers for V3 and M3 plus morphs etc, but they are not the updated service pack installers and they are dated 2004, before DS was even released. That is why I am seeking the DS specific installers. I have sent an image of these installers to DAZ (or will do if the PM attachments work).

This has unfortunately become a matter of principle. Why would I go to the trouble of purchasing multiple V3 and M3 addon products, over many years, if I did not also first purchase V3 and M3 core products?. In 2004 no one else sold these products. Maybe some gave them away but I certainly did not witness that. I am absolutely sure of my facts. The DAZ database has missing items. Yes I concede I should have retained the order numbers, but hard disks crash and emails subsequently get lost.

Honestly, what does it cost DAZ to cooperate? Nothing. What are they losing? Nothing, except any goodwill on my part. Clearly my custom is not, and has not, been valued.

Edit: Just seen this from meganNoel:

“You can still get all the stuff for that scene from your product library. Go to your product library and search “Daz Studio” and an older version should come up marked as inactive.”

Thanks for that. I don’t recall seeing any inactive V3 or M3 products but I will go and have a look.

Posted: 20 December 2013 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7681
Joined  2006-03-19

They were made available in numerous places. On the store here at DAZ or on a disk from 3DWorld( or something like that), CNet..etc. I’m sure I’m getting the name wrong but it was available on disk.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 20 December 2013 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2745
Joined  2004-04-25
ncamp - 20 December 2013 02:23 PM

ncamp

Actually, DAZ did not give the V3 base model as part of the included content for any version of DAZ Studio.  The alpha and early beta versions had the High Fantasy content and MilDragon LE.  The mid beta has the Egyptian content which had the reduced res Mike and Vicki with the Egyptian textures.  The Fairy Forest content which was the late beta and on into DS1 and most of DS2 was the Reduced Resolution versions of M3 and V3.  These models had fewer polys, could use the V3 and M3 textures and clothing but could not use the head and body morphs.  Any morphs for these figures were included.  The last included content before DS4 and Genesis was the V4 QuickStart figure which was another lite figure.

DAZ did give V3 and M3 base away in January of 2005 after the release of C5Pro.  They also gave the gen 3 base models to active PC members on 1 Nov 2007 along with other content.  This was followed by the P5 Model pack that was released through Cnet.  This pack had the M3, V3 and A3 base along with H3.  M3 and V3 base were also given to PC members along with some other content as part of the PC renewal bonus after they changed the Welcome pack in 2005.  The last free giveaway of M3 and V3 base was during the general free model giveaway that ended not long before the release of DS4 and Genesis.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

2 of 4