Very poor customer service

leonardisleonardis Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've come back to DS to try 4.6. In the past several years I have purchased a ton of stuff from DAZ and probably asked for ticket support once, or maybe twice in all those years.

In my product list is missing V3 base, Morphs and Textures, presumably because the list stops much before 2004/2005. Nevertheless DAZ is still selling the above products and I have simply asked for my downloads for these products to be re-instated rather than fork out another $100 for products which I already purchased.

The ticket delays here are completely unacceptable. The first reply curtly asked me to quote my order numbers, after I CLEARLY explained I don't have them and how could I know if they are not in the order list. So I asked them to re-read my first ticket carefully. It's now 4 days and no proper reply or service over a very simple, easy to rectify matter.

I run an online product business with probably about a 50th of the turnover and profit of DAZ, but I answer every single support ticket within one hour on average, including weekends and as long as I am awake, and they get resolved on average within 4 hours.

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE DAZ!. Now, could someone PLEASE attend to my perfectly straightforward request. Thank you.

«1

Comments

  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,444
    edited December 1969

    leonardis said:
    I've come back to DS to try 4.6. In the past several years I have purchased a ton of stuff from DAZ and probably asked for ticket support once, or maybe twice in all those years.

    In my product list is missing V3 base, Morphs and Textures, presumably because the list stops much before 2004/2005. Nevertheless DAZ is still selling the above products and I have simply asked for my downloads for these products to be re-instated rather than fork out another $100 for products which I already purchased.

    The ticket delays here are completely unacceptable. The first reply curtly asked me to quote my order numbers, after I CLEARLY explained I don't have them and how could I know if they are not in the order list. So I asked them to re-read my first ticket carefully. It's now 4 days and no proper reply or service over a very simple, easy to rectify matter.

    I run an online product business with probably about a 50th of the turnover and profit of DAZ, but I answer every single support ticket within one hour on average, including weekends and as long as I am awake, and they get resolved on average within 4 hours.

    BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE DAZ!. Now, could someone PLEASE attend to my perfectly straightforward request. Thank you.

    Not sure I understand what the problem is. If you purchased the V3 base model, the head and/or body morph packs, and texture maps, they will be listed in your products library and the downloads will be available to you immediately.

    I have downloads the pre-date 2004 so it isn't a matter of dates. Did you make those purchases with the account you are using now or did you have a different account back in 2004? If you had a different account, then you will have to remember the email for that account and change the password to gain access to it. Accounts histories do not carry over if you make a new account with a new email. At one time you could combine old accounts into one but I'm not sure if you can do that now.

    Given the time of year and the promo going, things are a little backed up at CS. Also remember that DAZ doe not work on weekends.

    Have you logged into your DAZ account using the email address you used to make the account from which you purchased V3 and all the other items? If you can log in, go to your accounts page. You should find them listed in your products library.

  • JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 1,389
    edited December 1969

    leonardis said:

    In my product list is missing V3 base, Morphs and Textures, presumably because the list stops much before 2004/2005. Nevertheless DAZ is still selling the above products and I have simply asked for my downloads for these products to be re-instated rather than fork out another $100 for products which I already purchased.

    Date isn't an issue i have orders from 11/5/01 If you ordered V3 did you do it on this account or did you have a seperate account?
    You may need to go through your orders one by one to see which order had her and the order number.

    I understand your frustration with this however DAZ cannot do much if you do not have an order number. You may have to spend some time looking.

    I am sorry i cannot help more.

  • edited December 1969

    I have noticed stuff missing from my product list as well. I can understand the anger and frustration over this. There is a simple solution. It does not matter how old a product is, in the virtual world, once paid it's there permanently. They have got to stop removing things from people's lists. Just because an item is old does not mean it does not have value or use.

  • leonardisleonardis Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

    icprncss said:
    leonardis said:
    I've come back to DS to try 4.6. In the past several years I have purchased a ton of stuff from DAZ and probably asked for ticket support once, or maybe twice in all those years.

    In my product list is missing V3 base, Morphs and Textures, presumably because the list stops much before 2004/2005. Nevertheless DAZ is still selling the above products and I have simply asked for my downloads for these products to be re-instated rather than fork out another $100 for products which I already purchased.

    The ticket delays here are completely unacceptable. The first reply curtly asked me to quote my order numbers, after I CLEARLY explained I don't have them and how could I know if they are not in the order list. So I asked them to re-read my first ticket carefully. It's now 4 days and no proper reply or service over a very simple, easy to rectify matter.

    I run an online product business with probably about a 50th of the turnover and profit of DAZ, but I answer every single support ticket within one hour on average, including weekends and as long as I am awake, and they get resolved on average within 4 hours.

    BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE DAZ!. Now, could someone PLEASE attend to my perfectly straightforward request. Thank you.

    Not sure I understand what the problem is. If you purchased the V3 base model, the head and/or body morph packs, and texture maps, they will be listed in your products library and the downloads will be available to you immediately.

    I have downloads the pre-date 2004 so it isn't a matter of dates. Did you make those purchases with the account you are using now or did you have a different account back in 2004? If you had a different account, then you will have to remember the email for that account and change the password to gain access to it. Accounts histories do not carry over if you make a new account with a new email. At one time you could combine old accounts into one but I'm not sure if you can do that now.

    Given the time of year and the promo going, things are a little backed up at CS. Also remember that DAZ doe not work on weekends.

    Have you logged into your DAZ account using the email address you used to make the account from which you purchased V3 and all the other items? If you can log in, go to your accounts page. You should find them listed in your products library.


    Thanks both for answering, but I feel you are both erring on the side of DAZ. I am being scrupulously honest about this. I purchased V3 way back, as I did many addons which could not have worked without the base product, but I assure you the base products ARE missing from my products list. I made this abundantly clear in my thread starter. Now, all sorts of things can go wrong with databases. I can only refer back to my own business. When something is unproveable or contentious I look at the purchase record of a given customer to ascertain whether their claim has weight.

    Obviously some database error has occurred. That doesn't make it my error.

    I have purchased a shed load of Daz products and a lot of them are V3 based. Why would I have taken the trouble to purchase these items if I did not already have the core software these are based on?

    It's kind of you two to answer, but the fact is no-one from DAZ had answered properly and no-one has updated my ticket. As I have described, I am a developer too, but I would not EVER leave a customer un-answered for FOUR days. So in answer to this:

    "Not sure I understand what the problem is. If you purchased the V3 base model, the head and/or body morph packs, and texture maps, they will be listed in your products library and the downloads will be available to you immediately."

    I say again. V3 does NOT appear in my products list, but almost everything else related to it does. I'm happy for you that it does appear but it does not for me in the list. I think I made that extremely clear in the original post! I am not blaming DAZ for the fact it does not appear. I am pointing out that FOUR DAYS is not acceptable for support. If I did this I would be out of business. .I am fed up with companies who on account of their size think they can trim back support as a proportion of customers vs turnover. There appears to be one person who is offering sales support from a company which has about 21 or more officers devoted to other functions NOT connected with ACTUAL customers.

    I will emphasise again that this the first time I have asked for sales support for over SEVEN years.

    Thank you.

    Post edited by leonardis on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,444
    edited December 1969

    In all of my years buying from DAZ (and I have orders going back to 2001) there has been only one product that I purchased that was not in my product library. The product was removed from several reasons but CS provide me with a link to download the product when I requested it.

    Some products are labelled inactive in your product history. But even the majority of those have DIM installers available. If for some reason an inactive product does not have an download, submit a ticket. My upgrade to DS4 Advanced from DS3 Advanced is one of the few inactive products that does not have a link but that is because DAZ provides an alternate link to the current Pro version which is a more advanced version.

    Which products are you missing?

  • shanteshante Posts: 161
    edited December 2013

    I've had the same problem. I purchased my first item, the POSER props and clothing Cds for P4 people from Zygote long before DAZ was born. I have tried keeping the product cds I got my purchases on properly cataloged but software and hardware changes and the short life duration of the cd/dvd substrates not to mention the given and reliably frustrating and painful hard drive crashes, have required giving up on the huge cataloging and updating task. There have also been instances where I have pulled installers from the cds and find they are old and no longer work and requesting new ones from DAZ has sometimes been a bit frustrating especially when I can no longer find the original purchase orders numbers to prove I did in fact purchase these items (I actually used to print the P.O.s and affix them to the cd with the product content to the inside of the jewel case but that retentive labor was finally abandoned).

    Now it is important to consider that I am not talking about a handful of cds and dvds but I am talking about hundreds of CDs and thousands of product items I purchased just from Zygote and DAZ alone which does not include purchases from other vendors (PoserPro, RDNA, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc) or all the thousands of free stuff items that have been the life blood of this great community since the Birth of the Poser Community.

    DAZ did not keep the great purchase history we all love now from the beginning and that is too bad. but in my experience no matter how frustrating it might get in the end their customer service has been pretty darn good and no matter how frustrated I have gotten sometimes, in thinking better of it it really is our responsibility to keep track of how we spend our money better and thus what products we have and archive. They can only do so much.

    BTW I have also found that sometimes items purchased as part of a bundle sometimes do not show up in the current order history. Was your V3 purchased that way? I have been frustrated that way many times including not typing the product name exactly as it appears in the store. I have found a search of the store copy and pasting the product name into the search engine of the history actually works in calling up the item I look for. Just a thought.

    Post edited by shante on
  • leonardisleonardis Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

    As stated, I am missing:

    Victoria 3 base
    V3 Face and Body Morphs
    V3 tetxures

    The above are currently for sale at a combined price of approx $100. If it were me and I had taken one look at what I have purchased from DAZ over the years I would BEND OVER BACKWARDS to keep my custom. But all I got was a (Late) reply and no reply since asking me to quote the order number which I ALREADY said was not appearing in my product list.

    ALL the other products I purchased ARE listed. Where else could I have possibly purchased these items?

    Post edited by leonardis on
  • JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 1,389
    edited December 1969

    leonardis said:
    icprncss said:
    leonardis said:
    I've come back to DS to try 4.6. In the past several years I have purchased a ton of stuff from DAZ and probably asked for ticket support once, or maybe twice in all those years.

    In my product list is missing V3 base, Morphs and Textures, presumably because the list stops much before 2004/2005. Nevertheless DAZ is still selling the above products and I have simply asked for my downloads for these products to be re-instated rather than fork out another $100 for products which I already purchased.

    The ticket delays here are completely unacceptable. The first reply curtly asked me to quote my order numbers, after I CLEARLY explained I don't have them and how could I know if they are not in the order list. So I asked them to re-read my first ticket carefully. It's now 4 days and no proper reply or service over a very simple, easy to rectify matter.

    I run an online product business with probably about a 50th of the turnover and profit of DAZ, but I answer every single support ticket within one hour on average, including weekends and as long as I am awake, and they get resolved on average within 4 hours.

    BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE DAZ!. Now, could someone PLEASE attend to my perfectly straightforward request. Thank you.

    Not sure I understand what the problem is. If you purchased the V3 base model, the head and/or body morph packs, and texture maps, they will be listed in your products library and the downloads will be available to you immediately.

    I have downloads the pre-date 2004 so it isn't a matter of dates. Did you make those purchases with the account you are using now or did you have a different account back in 2004? If you had a different account, then you will have to remember the email for that account and change the password to gain access to it. Accounts histories do not carry over if you make a new account with a new email. At one time you could combine old accounts into one but I'm not sure if you can do that now.

    Given the time of year and the promo going, things are a little backed up at CS. Also remember that DAZ doe not work on weekends.

    Have you logged into your DAZ account using the email address you used to make the account from which you purchased V3 and all the other items? If you can log in, go to your accounts page. You should find them listed in your products library.


    Thanks both for answering, but I feel you are both erring on the side of DAZ. I am being scrupulously honest about this. I purchased V3 way back, as I did many addons which could not have worked without the base product, but I assure you the base products ARE missing from my products list. I made this abundantly clear in my thread starter. Now, all sorts of things can go wrong with databases. I can only refer back to my own business. When something is unproveable or contentious I look at the purchase record of a given customer to ascertain whether their claim has weight.

    Obviously some database error has occurred. That doesn't make it my error.

    I have purchased a shed load of Daz products and a lot of them are V3 based. Why would I have taken the trouble to purchase these items if I did not already have the core software these are based on?

    It's kind of you two to answer, but the fact is no-one from DAZ had answered properly and no-one has updated my ticket. As I have described, I am a developer too, but I would not EVER leave a customer un-answered for FOUR days. So in answer to this:

    "Not sure I understand what the problem is. If you purchased the V3 base model, the head and/or body morph packs, and texture maps, they will be listed in your products library and the downloads will be available to you immediately."

    I say again. V3 does NOT appear in my products list, but almost everything else related to it does. I'm happy for you that it does appear but it does not for me in the list. I think I made that extremely clear in the original post! I am not blaming DAZ for the fact it does not appear. I am pointing out that FOUR DAYS is not acceptable for support. If I did this I would be out of business. .I am fed up with companies who on account of their size think they can trim back support as a proportion of customers vs turnover. There appears to be one person who is offering sales support from a company which has about 21 or more officers devoted to other functions NOT connected with ACTUAL customers.

    I will emphasise again that this the first time I have asked for sales support for over SEVEN years.

    Thank you.

    I am sorry but if you did order it you will have the invoice for that order in your order lists, and you would have the order number. I never said you had it, or that it isn't missing but the order would still be there. As for the time on the ticket replys DAZ is very very busy and with the holidays they have been backed up a bit. They will get to it as soon as they possibly can.

    Make sure there hasn't been a reply to the ticket. Sometimes it can be replied to but a email may not go out about it.

    Again I do understand the frustration, And while I cannot comment on the inner workings of DAZ there are more than you think working on support tickets.

    As with any online company they can help faster by having a order number to refer to. And as with any company without an order number it makes it much harder to offer support.

  • leonardisleonardis Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

    NO. I am saying that there must be a database error. Why would I have purchased multiple products BASED on V3 if I didn't first buy the base product and associated morphs and textures? There in my library are at least FIFTY products reliant upon V3. You will please have to accept that I am being totally honest here.

    As for comments about support, again I can only refer to to what I do in my own business. I WOULDN'T DREAM of keeping anyone waiting for FOUR days. I don't care how busy the company is. If your turnover is high and you've got lots of customers, then you have to service them with more staff.

    Post edited by leonardis on
  • leonardisleonardis Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

    "As with any online company they can help faster by having a order number to refer to. And as with any company without an order number it makes it much harder to offer support."


    No, that is quite wrong. Each customer is associated with several things: order numbers, email addresses, names, serial numbers. Each of these attributes is INSTANTLY searchable in equal measure. It's very nice of everyone to defend DAZ, and normally I would myself because I think their prroducts are of high quality. But support is vital and in this case wanting. I repeat I would NEVER ignore a customer like this. I have REASONABLY asked DAZ for support for the first time in several years and they have not responded. Will just one person step forward and understand? Thank you.

    Post edited by leonardis on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 2,536
    edited December 1969

    Victoria 3 base
    V3 Face and Body Morphs
    V3 tetxures

    The above are currently for sale at a combined price of approx $100.

    I suppose that depends on the textures your talking about because v3 and each morph set if bought separately is 9.95. Since V3 didn't come with any textures you would need to give them information about the names of all the textures you think you got back then.

    Are you sure you bought V3 and the morphs independently of each other. I know that I initially got V3 free from the CNET bundle that they had around for years. And then I got them in my account via a plat anniversary bundle in 07/08.

    Given the time of year and the promo going, things are a little backed up at CS. Also remember that DAZ doe not work on weekends.

    You forgot the weather. Utah has had huge snowfalls a couple of times this year that have delayed or halted travel. And yes that means they can't make it to work on time always.

  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,444
    edited December 1969

    I don't doubt you purchased it.

    Do you remember receiving the pro-rated refund for M3 and V3 back when C5Pro was released in January of 2005? I also have an order showing the V3 and M3 base models as free dated 5 January 2005.

  • atryeuatryeu Posts: 605
    edited December 1969

    I wish you lots of luck with your issue :( I know it can't help in this case now, but I have kept every single Order Confirmation email I have ever received in a special folder I created in Outlook. From there a simple search through the Message Bodies will bring up whatever I am looking for and I can find the Order numbers and such that way. Might be worth doing from now on for future troubles like this?

    I feel for you about the 4 days, but I have you beat. It once took an entire month to get a response from Daz for me. That was a few years back and OMG was I so horribly mad at that! :( My last ticket will likely beat that though. I wrote a few weeks ago that I was still getting the PC newsletter each week even though I haven't been been a PC member in years now. Not a single response still and I had to go in manually and remove the newsletter, which removed the general one as well so now I don't get any newsletters. I'm glad I dropped my membership and I really can't see myself coming back as a full time member. I just lurk about from time to time, just out of curiosity.

    Best of luck with the issue and I hope you can track down your products. I hope my suggestion helped. Those confirmation emails can really come in handy if you save them.

  • DAZ_jaredDAZ_jared Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

    leonardis said:

    "As with any online company they can help faster by having a order number to refer to. And as with any company without an order number it makes it much harder to offer support."

    No, that is quite wrong. Each customer is associated with several things: order numbers, email addresses, names, serial numbers. Each of these attributes is INSTANTLY searchable in equal measure. It's very nice of everyone to defend DAZ, and normally I would myself because I think their prroducts are of high quality. But support is vital and in this case wanting. I repeat I would NEVER ignore a customer like this. I have REASONABLY asked DAZ for support for the first time in several years and they have not responded. Will just one person step forward and understand? Thank you.

    That isn't necessarily true. The back end of Magento isn't very user friendly for our CS team, which is one of the reasons they need the order number. Yes they can find the order number from your email address, but it requires them to manually search through all of your orders, which can take some time.

    I've asked support to take another look at your ticket, but you need to keep in mind that there are several reasons why the product may not appear in your account. 1st is that you returned it. I can't tell you how many tickets I've answered like this where it turns out that the person returned the product and then forgot that they had done so. I'm not saying that is what happened but it is a definite possibility.

    The 2nd is that you purchased it under another account. This is also quite common.

    The 3rd possibility (and I'm guessing this is it) is that you got V3 and the addons through a disc. Those products are old enough that they were frequently given out on discs at trade shows, magazines etc. If you got them from a CD then you wouldn't have them in your account.

    I read through your ticket, and it you weren't very specific as to what exact items are missing. Britney is great at her job, but I do know that she can't read minds. If you don't have the order numbers, you could at least meet her half way and provide the exact names, and SKU's of the products you think you are missing. Who know's she might be kind enough to add them back into your account without proof of purchase (though that is at her discretion).

    In the 3 years that I've worked at DAZ I've seen exactly 1 instance where products were removed from somebody's account. We were able to restore those products. So there is a possibility of a database error, but hopefully you can understand why Britney isn't automatically assuming this is the case. It is something that is so rare that you can almost treat it as not being a possibility. However, when Ben gets back from lunch I'll have him query the back up database to see what we can find.

    Post edited by DAZ_jared on
  • shanteshante Posts: 161
    edited December 1969

    DAZ_jared said:
    leonardis said:

    "As with any online company they can help faster by having a order number to refer to. And as with any company without an order number it makes it much harder to offer support."

    No, that is quite wrong. Each customer is associated with several things: order numbers, email addresses, names, serial numbers. Each of these attributes is INSTANTLY searchable in equal measure. It's very nice of everyone to defend DAZ, and normally I would myself because I think their prroducts are of high quality. But support is vital and in this case wanting. I repeat I would NEVER ignore a customer like this. I have REASONABLY asked DAZ for support for the first time in several years and they have not responded. Will just one person step forward and understand? Thank you.

    That isn't necessarily true. The back end of Magento isn't very user friendly for our CS team, which is one of the reasons they need the order number. Yes they can find the order number from your email address, but it requires them to manually search through all of your orders, which can take some time.

    I've asked support to take another look at your ticket, but you need to keep in mind that there are several reasons why the product may not appear in your account. 1st is that you returned it. I can't tell you how many tickets I've answered like this where it turns out that the person returned the product and then forgot that they had done so. I'm not saying that is what happened but it is a definite possibility.

    The 2nd is that you purchased it under another account. This is also quite common.

    The 3rd possibility (and I'm guessing this is it) is that you got V3 and the addons through a disc. Those products are old enough that they were frequently given out on discs at trade shows, magazines etc. If you got them from a CD then you wouldn't have them in your account.

    I read through your ticket, and it you weren't very specific as to what exact items are missing. Britney is great at her job, but I do know that she can't read minds. If you don't have the order numbers, you could at least meet her half way and provide the exact names, and SKU's of the products you think you are missing. Who know's she might be kind enough to add them back into your account without proof of purchase (though that is at her discretion).

    In the 3 years that I've worked at DAZ I've seen exactly 1 instance where products were removed from somebody's account. We were able to restore those products. So there is a possibility of a database error, but hopefully you can understand why Britney isn't automatically assuming this is the case. It is something that is so rare that you can almost treat it as not being a possibility. However, when Ben gets back from lunch I'll have him query the back up database to see what we can find.

    Yes she is a dear and has exercised that discretion with me many times but she knows how long I have been a DAZ customer and how long you have had my Credit Card Hostage and for how much through the years. :)

  • leonardisleonardis Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

    "I’ve asked support to take another look at your ticket, but you need to keep in mind that there are several reasons why the product may not appear in your account. 1st is that you returned it. I can’t tell you how many tickets I’ve answered like this where it turns out that the person returned the product and then forgot that they had done so. I’m not saying that is what happened but it is a definite possibility."


    Thanks for you reply Jared and I am not blaming Britney herself. She is obviously snowed under (metaphorically or literally). DAZ needs more support employees. The point is that I EMPHATICALLY stated 1)That I did purchase the items 2) I very clearly listed them 3) I never "returned" them.

    Really, honestly, what does DAZ think is best here, to completely turn off a customer who has purchased a truck load of stuff over many years and might just like to order more, or to treat me with suspicion, inertia or laziness, or not bother, when the right thing to do is to respond to me with at least a degree of empathy (not a curt one line sentence telling me to give the "order number" when I already said CLEARLY that it wasn't available)?

    I don't think I've ever returned a single item, and I do know how databases work. Even the most basic can cross reference email addresses, surnames, forenames, serial numbers, key codes, product numbers and order numbers. That is very basic stuff. But even if that wasn't so, I am just asking for DECENT support. If I get such a query I immediately contact the customer and it is all sorted in ten minutes. Really, there is no excuse. I'm running out of patience.

    Now, PLEASE, why doesn't DAZ save itself, let alone me, from all this aggro and in a timely manner spend just THREE minutes writing me a proper reply and solution to what really is a very simple support request. Thank you.

    Post edited by leonardis on
  • DAZ_jaredDAZ_jared Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    So I had Ben query both databases (yes we keep a backup database for instances like this). No where in either database is there a record of you purchasing V3, or any of those other addons. The probability of both databases having the exact same error at the exact same time is so astronomically low that its just not a possibility.

    I'm sorry, but the fact of the matter is, that if you got V3 and her morphs you didn't purchase them through the online store. Like I said, it is extremely probably that you got them through a disc.

    I have emailed Britney about your ticket. She will take a look at it. I have also recommended that she just add V3 and the morphs to your cart as the evidence indicates that even though you didn't purchase through the online store you probably got it on a disc, or through some other legitimate means. (The decision is ultimately up to her though).

    Britney is super busy, so you will have to be patient with her.

  • leonardisleonardis Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    DAZ_jared said:
    So I had Ben query both databases (yes we keep a backup database for instances like this). No where in either database is there a record of you purchasing V3, or any of those other addons. The probability of both databases having the exact same error at the exact same time is so astronomically low that its just not a possibility.

    I'm sorry, but the fact of the matter is, that if you got V3 and her morphs you didn't purchase them through the online store. Like I said, it is extremely probably that you got them through a disc.

    I have emailed Britney about your ticket. She will take a look at it. I have also recommended that she just add V3 and the morphs to your cart as the evidence indicates that even though you didn't purchase through the online store you probably got it on a disc, or through some other legitimate means. (The decision is ultimately up to her though).

    Britney is super busy, so you will have to be patient with her.

    Sorry Jared but this is simply outrageous. You say there is no record of "any of those other addons" I am right now LOOKING at the addons in my product list, several of them for V3, and relying on V3 being installed. If you have access to my account you can see them!

    I have never purchased a disc, ever, of anything related to DAZ products. This is just an estimate but at today's prices I estimate somewhere in the region of between $1300 and $2000 worth of DAZ addons which ARE listed. As I have explained, and have now several other DAZ customers, for some reason some products seem to have disappeared from product lists. A good proportion of my listed products rely on V3 already being installed, so why would I have purchased them....just for fun?

    I also have the original POSER installers from DAZ of the V3 items in question. If you would like to guide me as to how I can send evidence of them I am happy to do so, though I note there is no email address for DAZ. I assume when an installer opens and it says "DAZ installer for V3" it is in fact from DAZ. Where else could I have purchased these items?

    You seem to be implying that I am either mistaken or lying. I am doing neither. What does it cost DAZ to service a customer? I find it extraordinary that DAZ is being so stubborn about this. What do you think DAZ gains by this stubbornness?

    Regarding a support person being busy I do sympathise, but again, I have to say given the large turnover of DAZ, delays in support can only be due to the large number of customers being served by a commensurately small and disproportionate number of support staff. That really is not my problem and I have already discussed that I personally could not be comfortable with a poor customer support level merely on the basis that I was "busy". If Britney is busy that is because more staff are needed to match the high turnover.

    If you would like to go to PMs to solve this I am happy to do so. I am only posting here because I am a long standing customer who is getting extremely poor service over a couple of items it costs DAZ virtually nothing to put right, but is choosing to remain stubborn.

    Thanks.

  • KhoryKhory Posts: 2,536
    edited December 2013

    You say there is no record of “any of those other addons”


    If you can see the morphs and textures in your product list then I am very confused about what the problem is.

    I have never purchased a disc, ever, of anything related to DAZ products.

    You would not have purchased the discs they were free as part of magazine deals. And there would be no record at daz if you picked V3 up free from CNET during the several years they were on there. Point being there were quite a few legitimate ways to get V3 (and her morphs) free without ever having to go through the DAZ site.

    I also have the original POSER installers from DAZ of the V3 items in question.

    Products that old wouldn't have had one installer and nothing seperate for Studio. But having them doesn't prove that you didn't get them from Cnet etc. It does however mean you have the content already.

    Post edited by Khory on
  • ncampncamp Posts: 328
    edited December 1969

    I had my external HD crash and had to reload all of my content through DIM. Like the OP, my V3 base was missing and not in my downloads.

    I believe (it has been years and several computers ago) that V3 base used to be a part of Studio V2.x content. As I recall, it came with the background environment and V3 to build a fairy scene. Unlike the OP, I just repurchased V3 base ( and it looked like the icon from the old content).

    ncamp

  • DAZ_jaredDAZ_jared Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    PM Sent

  • ncampncamp Posts: 328
    edited December 1969

    Whoops, it was older than v2, it was 1.7. Here is a link to a pic of the scene I was thinking about.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DAZ_Studio_1715_screenshot.png

    ncamp

  • AlowynAlowyn Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

    Ok, bear with me if I'm being obvious here, but have you tried searching your product library for "Victoria 3.0 Base" instead of V3? That's what it's listed under for me. Over the years, I've "purchased" V3 Base at least 5 times in various bundles including the V3 Anniversary bundle, Eovia bundle, & the Platiunum Club Renewal freebies.
    Merry Christmas!
    -D

  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 1,958
    edited December 1969

    leonardis said:


    If you would like to go to PMs to solve this I am happy to do so. I am only posting here because I am a long standing customer who is getting extremely poor service over a couple of items it costs DAZ virtually nothing to put right, but is choosing to remain stubborn.

    Thanks.

    I'm not getting the poor customer service, with all the venues that you could get V3 (I got it from c-net, then from daz while it was free) it's quite possible you didn't get it from DAZ when you thought you did, especially if your purchase history doesn't show you got it. I have gigs of content purchased from DAZ too and I'm looking at V3 and addons right in my purchase history. I don't see them singling you out or deleting V3, because far more people would be having this issue.

  • Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 369
    edited December 1969

    I can't count the number of CDs I've bought over the years. I also couldn't tell you which products in my Runtime are from a CD. I've been at this for 7 years now and it is quite possible I can mess up and forget where I got a product. I also have over 1400 items installed into my Runtime via DIM.

    Point is this. I've had my issues with DAZ in the past but never would I believe that they would try and screw me over on my products. I know that if I get off my butt and get all that CD stuff into my account, they would do it. I still have the CDs and the magazines. I'm sure that's all Britney would need to have those products put in my purchase history and she would do it.

    IMO, it's not fair to be mad because they can't find something. Work with them, and they will set the account right. This I firmly believe despite the problems I've had with them in the past.

    Just my opinion.

    Thank you.

  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 1,166
    edited December 1969

    I work in retail management and have run an online store before. In my opinion, DAZ has done what they can and based on what I have read here they have been professional and respectful with empathy towards the problem. I see customers daily trying to pull a fast one on getting something they shouldn't or trying to steal, more so than not. Not saying that is the case here at all, but you deal with this kind of customer mentality long enough it makes you a bit wary. Reminds me of the lady I dealt with today that swore up and down she bought a certain brand and type of product last week that we don't even carry

    I have never had bad or unfavorable service from DAZ (knock on wood)

    If you still can't find out where you got V3 from, just work with Genesis since it can take V3 morphs and clothing and it comes with DS.

  • MegonNoelMegonNoel Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

    ncamp said:
    I had my external HD crash and had to reload all of my content through DIM. Like the OP, my V3 base was missing and not in my downloads.

    I believe (it has been years and several computers ago) that V3 base used to be a part of Studio V2.x content. As I recall, it came with the background environment and V3 to build a fairy scene. Unlike the OP, I just repurchased V3 base ( and it looked like the icon from the old content).

    ncamp

    You can still get all the stuff for that scene from your product library. Go to your product library and search "Daz Studio" and an older version should come up marked as inactive. In mine I have "Daz Studio 3.x (inactive)" and if you go to it there are links that say "DAZ Studio Base Content" - one for windows and one for mac. That's Victoria 3 and the fairy scene content. It's cute stuff - I like the dragonfly :-)

    Oh... and you will have to manually add its directory to your Daz directories because it doesn't install with DIM into that one, it has one of the old installers.

  • leonardisleonardis Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

    Thanks for the contributions. I have never downloaded or received a CD of V3 or associated core products, or a freebie, except the current raft of Genesis and DS core products. I do have the original POSER installers for V3 and M3 plus morphs etc, but they are not the updated service pack installers and they are dated 2004, before DS was even released. That is why I am seeking the DS specific installers. I have sent an image of these installers to DAZ (or will do if the PM attachments work).

    This has unfortunately become a matter of principle. Why would I go to the trouble of purchasing multiple V3 and M3 addon products, over many years, if I did not also first purchase V3 and M3 core products?. In 2004 no one else sold these products. Maybe some gave them away but I certainly did not witness that. I am absolutely sure of my facts. The DAZ database has missing items. Yes I concede I should have retained the order numbers, but hard disks crash and emails subsequently get lost.

    Honestly, what does it cost DAZ to cooperate? Nothing. What are they losing? Nothing, except any goodwill on my part. Clearly my custom is not, and has not, been valued.

    Edit: Just seen this from meganNoel:

    "You can still get all the stuff for that scene from your product library. Go to your product library and search “Daz Studio” and an older version should come up marked as inactive."

    Thanks for that. I don't recall seeing any inactive V3 or M3 products but I will go and have a look.

    Post edited by leonardis on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 8,584
    edited December 2013

    They were made available in numerous places. On the store here at DAZ or on a disk from 3DWorld( or something like that), CNet..etc. I'm sure I'm getting the name wrong but it was available on disk.

    Post edited by frank0314 on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,444
    edited December 1969

    ncamp said:
    I had my external HD crash and had to reload all of my content through DIM. Like the OP, my V3 base was missing and not in my downloads.

    I believe (it has been years and several computers ago) that V3 base used to be a part of Studio V2.x content. As I recall, it came with the background environment and V3 to build a fairy scene. Unlike the OP, I just repurchased V3 base ( and it looked like the icon from the old content).

    ncamp

    Actually, DAZ did not give the V3 base model as part of the included content for any version of DAZ Studio. The alpha and early beta versions had the High Fantasy content and MilDragon LE. The mid beta has the Egyptian content which had the reduced res Mike and Vicki with the Egyptian textures. The Fairy Forest content which was the late beta and on into DS1 and most of DS2 was the Reduced Resolution versions of M3 and V3. These models had fewer polys, could use the V3 and M3 textures and clothing but could not use the head and body morphs. Any morphs for these figures were included. The last included content before DS4 and Genesis was the V4 QuickStart figure which was another lite figure.

    DAZ did give V3 and M3 base away in January of 2005 after the release of C5Pro. They also gave the gen 3 base models to active PC members on 1 Nov 2007 along with other content. This was followed by the P5 Model pack that was released through Cnet. This pack had the M3, V3 and A3 base along with H3. M3 and V3 base were also given to PC members along with some other content as part of the PC renewal bonus after they changed the Welcome pack in 2005. The last free giveaway of M3 and V3 base was during the general free model giveaway that ended not long before the release of DS4 and Genesis.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel