Digital Art Zone

Characters for Genesis
Posted: 19 December 2013 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  126
Joined  2013-11-18

It seems like every Character for Genesis look at in the store requires v4 morphs which require v4! This seems so illogical to me. Is no one designing simply for the Genesis base figure?

Posted: 19 December 2013 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  229
Joined  2003-10-09

Something doesn’t seem right. Since v4 and Genesis are different meshes, you should not need both. There are many figures in the store that have Genesis and V4 morphs included but you should not need both. There is a V4 shape for Genesis. If the figure requires that it should state that. I have not run into that yet.
The requirements are sometimes very confusing or misleading. Can you post a couple samples of the figures you are looking at?

Signature 

http://rfkahn.deviantart.com/

Posted: 19 December 2013 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5310
Joined  2005-08-29

I think what you see is characters that are both for Genesis and V4, they have requirements for both Genesis and V4 in the list. If you only will use it on Genesis you should only bother about Genesis requirements. But I agree, the requirements should be “per figure”, like Genesis: Genesis Evolution Body Morphs & Genesis Evolution Head Morphs; V4: V4 Morphs ++.

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 19 December 2013 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2268
Joined  2003-12-06

Yes, that Required Products section is a bit misleading: it looks like it’s saying “you must have all of these” — but frequently it actually means “you need to have at least one of these”.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 22 December 2013 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  126
Joined  2013-11-18

Thank you to all.

I believe you are correct. I did a search for Women with Genesis in the Narrow By section. What resulted was what you see below.

Based on answers in this thread, I put Nadia in my cart. The requirements then changed to Genesis Evolution Body Morphs. I did purchase the Body Morphs + Nadia and things seem to be working beautifully.

So a good rule of thumb is sort with the Narrow By??

Yes… a bit confusing for the newbies grin

Image Attachments
Nadia_Req.PNG

Posted: 22 December 2013 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Some of the Required for use info’s are incorrect. When and if you find those please send a ticket to sales and point out the errors. That will help the DAZ 3D team fix the info for all users in the future.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 22 December 2013 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15248
Joined  2003-10-09

That particular one is a hybrid, so not so much incorrect as lacking some info, should be either V4 and V4 morphs or Geneisis and the Genesis female elite morphs, at a guess.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 22 December 2013 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Well yes, sort of my point, I thought. The info provided is not the FULL info needed thus is incorrect. It Should list ALL figures supported and All required morphs in the Info blurb.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt