Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Victoria 5 or 6?
Posted: 18 December 2013 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2006-10-01

It’s more than a clothing issue, which is an issue by itself. Its also shaping limitation problem.
Most Poser users use Gen 4 separate meshes because they dont have any other option.

Despite Genesis 2 limitations, cost and no improvements, if you want to focus on girls alone, I see no good or bad in going for Victoria 6. If you just want a Victoria, I’d say go for 6.

Signature 

Simplified guide to Genesis content creation.

My gallery.

Posted: 18 December 2013 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  848
Joined  2005-11-06

Durir, don’t go for either, just get the morphs for Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 and create you own characters and when GenX is updated get that to add all your V4 morphs and clothing to the mix.. V5 and V6 are just extensions of the bases meshes. I have V5 and never use her instead I use custom V4 morphs and GenX for my own characters which I prefer over V5 and once GenX is updated, GF2 will be added to the mix. No sense in starting over just add to the toolbox to make all compatible instead of choosing one over the other.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 19 December 2013 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3414
Joined  2012-02-06

My take: it depends on what is most important to you.

If you prefer: realism (details, bends, expressions), compatibility with more new and future releases, go with Victoria 6.
If you prefer: versatility, value, and backwards compatibility, go with Victoria 5.

As far as my preferences are concerned, I still use Genesis most often (because I have tons of content for it). But that’s starting to change as more great stuff gets released for the 6th Generation figures. When I want to customize my own characters, I’ll use Genesis, but when I want a character that looks great “out of the box,” I’m just as likely to load up V6 or M6.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 19 December 2013 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2012-09-30

I started on V5, dabbled in V4 and I’m now a V6 zealot.  I’ve used auto fit a lot on V5 and V6 and generally found that V4 outfits auto fit better to V6 than they did on V5.  There’s still problems with long hairs, long sleeves, boots and, in particular, ankle-length gowns, though.

Signature 

High Priest of the black and recondite arts of the RPG IV compiler

Posted: 19 December 2013 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16
FSMCDesigns - 18 December 2013 05:55 PM

Durir, don’t go for either, just get the morphs for Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 and create you own characters and when GenX is updated get that to add all your V4 morphs and clothing to the mix.. V5 and V6 are just extensions of the bases meshes. I have V5 and never use her instead I use custom V4 morphs and GenX for my own characters which I prefer over V5 and once GenX is updated, GF2 will be added to the mix. No sense in starting over just add to the toolbox to make all compatible instead of choosing one over the other.

This right here is exactly what I intend to do myself. I recommend the same, Durir. smile

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

2 of 2