Digital Art Zone

3 of 9
DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.1.39 - General Release - Update!
Posted: 16 December 2013 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3087
Joined  2007-06-22

I’m still getting CMS crashes on DS startup.
Also still getting problems with preset poses and things parented to the head, is this ever going to be addressed?

Posted: 16 December 2013 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2005-09-01
scorpio64dragon - 16 December 2013 11:06 AM

I’m still getting CMS crashes on DS startup.
Also still getting problems with preset poses and things parented to the head, is this ever going to be addressed?

CMS crashes on startup is, in most cases, a result of a corrupt database.

Yes, they are looking at solutions to reduce database corruption.

Posted: 16 December 2013 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  297
Joined  2006-09-12

Oh..god thanks..hehe.. others have the problems too wink

I was going nuts here.
First it crashed always when i change from genesis to genesis2.
Then restart was fine.
But today no way to get i back.
Reinstalling DAZ or CMS doesnt help.

What a mess :-(

I really like that. Hope they can fix that soon.

Signature 

Posted: 16 December 2013 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  966
Joined  2007-10-17
Karth - 16 December 2013 12:32 PM

Oh..god thanks..hehe.. others have the problems too wink

I was going nuts here.
First it crashed always when i change from genesis to genesis2.
Then restart was fine.
But today no way to get i back.
Reinstalling DAZ or CMS doesnt help.

What a mess :-(

I really like that. Hope they can fix that soon.

Uninstalling DS or even CMS does not deal with the issue of a corrupt Database. https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane is likely to be your best friend for getting it fixed.

Posted: 16 December 2013 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-22

What about the posing and the parenting problem? This has been going on for ages and is extremely annoying.

Posted: 16 December 2013 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-10-17
scorpio64dragon - 16 December 2013 01:00 PM

What about the posing and the parenting problem? This has been going on for ages and is extremely annoying.

I am unaware of any posing or parenting problems. What are the ticket numbers?

Posted: 16 December 2013 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-22

I haven’t actually sent in a ticket but I’m sure someone else did ages ago, there was a thread about it somewhere and I mentioned the problem in the last release thread.
If you have a figure load in a hair then parent the hair to the head, drag and drop I the scene tab, then apply a preset pose the arms don’t pose.

Posted: 16 December 2013 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-10-17
scorpio64dragon - 16 December 2013 01:08 PM

I haven’t actually sent in a ticket but I’m sure someone else did ages ago, there was a thread about it somewhere and I mentioned the problem in the last release thread.
If you have a figure load in a hair then parent the hair to the head, drag and drop I the scene tab, then apply a preset pose the arms don’t pose.

Works for me just fine with what you just explained. I am going to need a ticket so I can get more details and a better look at it.

Thanks

Posted: 16 December 2013 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-22

It can be a bit hit and miss.
When I get the problem again and have time I’ll put in a ticket.

Posted: 16 December 2013 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2005-10-02
DAZ_Spooky - 16 December 2013 01:14 PM

Works for me just fine with what you just explained. I am going to need a ticket so I can get more details and a better look at it.

Thanks

I can attest to this being an issue. It seems to happen with some hairs when parented to the head of the figure. My workaround is to use the Joint Editor tool on the hair and delete any Arm and Shoulder bones that are present in the hair. So, apparently, there can be some bad interaction between these bones and Genesis when using canned poses. Getting rid of the bones in the hair stops it.

Hope this helps for now.

Signature 

“Shall the clay say to the homie who fashioneth it ‘Dude, what maketh thou…?’” My Deviant Art Gallery

Posted: 16 December 2013 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5990
Joined  2003-10-09

I hate finding bones in my hair.

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’” - Jack Handey

Posted: 16 December 2013 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  886
Joined  2007-01-04
BTLProductions - 16 December 2013 11:52 AM

Yes, they are looking at solutions to reduce database corruption.

ROFL, that’s right up there with actually looking for a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, a database by it’s very nature is one giant corruption waiting to nerf the hell out of your system, a database is at it’s “safest” when you first import all of the data into the system, it becomes ****ed the second you start changing or adding to it as that is when the corruption gets in.

We have been telling them that since DS2, but they just don’t listen.

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 17 December 2013 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  972
Joined  2012-02-04
Bejaymac - 16 December 2013 07:16 PM

We have been telling them that since DS2, but they just don’t listen.

For a moment there I read that as DB2.  IBM’s database that actually works… smile

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage

Posted: 17 December 2013 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2004-06-23

This looks like the place. While trying to figure out why the new Lion and Lioness with fur won’t load without Studio crashing even though all the other cats load fine, I ran into something that may be an issue with Studio. This general release is all I have installed.

I put up some monitors to see what was going on at the time of the crash and found and strange issue. Studio is only using 2 cores (4 threads) and when it hits 25% of my RAM it crashes. Only the Lion and Lioness take the RAM to 25%, so there is nothing wrong with them.

I opened various softwares like Vue Infinite 2014, Lightwave 64 bit and others to see if it was a hardware issue or something, but all other software tested uses all 8 threads and can use all the memory just fine. This only seems to be related to Studio. Any idea’s or what can I do to figure this out. Is this a known thing with Studio?

Posted: 18 December 2013 12:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1146
Joined  2009-01-09

Interesting. I had a similar problem with Filippa hair a while back—posted about it in the Members Forum. I don’t normally drag and drop hair, though; I just double clicked the preset in the Content Library. That said, Filippa was at that time a prop hair by default, so it basically did what you were talking about in a different way. It also occurred with some other hair, but I can’t remember what it was. (Filippa has since been revised to be a conforming hair, it seems.)

It also seems to be only an interaction with certain shapes at certain times, which makes it even weirder. With Filippa, I was using V6 with Zev0’s Growing Up.

All that said, even though Filippa has been revised to be conforming, when I try to load it onto the same G2F figure with the teenage shape from Zev0’s Growing Up, the hair doesn’t conform. When I manually make it fit with the Fit To in Parameters, I still have the same problem with frozen arms and shoulders.

EDIT: I did exactly as you described, and deleted the shoulder and collar bones from Filippa, then saved it out as a new product with a different name so I wouldn’t overwrite the old files. Then I loaded it on the same teenage shape that had experienced problems. Loaded in the right place and Fit To the character for the first time. Tried poses, and her arms were just fine. At least now I know how to fix it if I ever run across the other thing that gave me issues. For what it’s worth, when I saved Filippa out, it was set to be only a Follower, and not Follower > Hair, and it didn’t have a compatibility base. How much of that came as a result of the editing process itself, I don’t know. Anyway, it’s fine now.

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

3 of 9

[ Problem      Exporting a CR2 ]