Digital Art Zone

2 of 9
DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.1.39 - General Release - Update!
Posted: 13 December 2013 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6514
Joined  2003-10-09
azoohouse - 13 December 2013 09:23 AM

I ran the download manager this morning and installed all of the updates. I noticed when I checked the plug-ins installed that Garibaldi Hair was missing. I deleted the plug-in using the control panel in Windows7. I reset, downloaded and installed Garibaldi once again. I rebooted twice during the process of uninstalling and reinstalling. DazStudio does not acknowledge the plug-in however I checked using explorer and the file is located in C:/program files/DAZ3D/DAZStudio4/plugins. I’m totally lost as to how to make it work now. Anyone else having issues with the plug-in after this update?

I’m using Win8 and Garibaldi plugin is working for me.

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Posted: 13 December 2013 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  233
Joined  2005-07-18

OK, thanks for replying. I guess it’s just my problem.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_16.png

Posted: 13 December 2013 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Have you Checked the About Plugins in the Help menu? Does Baldi even list? and if it does what is the Icon like? Red yellow Green?

Another question is DAZ installed by DIM? And was the last version of DAZ installed with DIM or by hand?

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 13 December 2013 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  233
Joined  2005-07-18
Jaderail - 13 December 2013 05:54 PM

Have you Checked the About Plugins in the Help menu? Does Baldi even list? and if it does what is the Icon like? Red yellow Green?

Another question is DAZ installed by DIM? And was the last version of DAZ installed with DIM or by hand?

Thanks for replying. I got it fixed after I learned it was just me having a problem. I found that it needed to be installed to a completely different location. Somehow during the course of updates and upgrades my DazStudio Application had gotten moved but not the plugins. My content is a mess too with files everywhere but at least the software is functioning again. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_16.png

Posted: 13 December 2013 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22
azoohouse - 13 December 2013 08:21 PM

Thanks for replying. I got it fixed after I learned it was just me having a problem. I found that it needed to be installed to a completely different location. Somehow during the course of updates and upgrades my DazStudio Application had gotten moved but not the plugins. My content is a mess too with files everywhere but at least the software is functioning again. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

I’m pretty good with content as well, hand installed, exe installed or DIM installed. If you like, start a thread in the New Users Help Forum and Others and I will do our best to get you fixed up.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 14 December 2013 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1136
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 13 December 2013 08:50 AM
Sisca - 13 December 2013 08:44 AM

Ran the /scripts/utilities/update and merge menus as suggested but got the following error and now my Scripts menu is missing completely.

—-

Someone please tell me there is a way to get the script menu back to the way it was without having to go through and rebuild it by hand.

If you have a recent version of Windows (or a Mac with Time Machine, but I’m not sure of the locations) you can restore the file but going to C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\ and right-clicking on the menus.dsx file, and selecting Restore Previous Versions (with DS closed).

Exact same thing happened to me. Your solution worked perfectly. Thanks!

Posted: 15 December 2013 03:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2004-06-27

Scene Builder : Looks very nice, a good idea which desserves to be developped.
===========

Is it planed to be customised ?

-> ability to reload it in the purpose to change inial choice with another one, that supposes letting access to it somewhere in the menu (The script does not show in the “scripts” menu).
-> ability to save (some complex lighting-rig as an example) in the “SAVE AS:  scene builder option” menu,
-> etc…

Just because typing commands in a script editor is not my first passion smile

Posted: 15 December 2013 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15674
Joined  2003-10-09
Spit - 14 December 2013 07:45 PM
Richard Haseltine - 13 December 2013 08:50 AM
Sisca - 13 December 2013 08:44 AM

Ran the /scripts/utilities/update and merge menus as suggested but got the following error and now my Scripts menu is missing completely.

—-

Someone please tell me there is a way to get the script menu back to the way it was without having to go through and rebuild it by hand.

If you have a recent version of Windows (or a Mac with Time Machine, but I’m not sure of the locations) you can restore the file but going to C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\ and right-clicking on the menus.dsx file, and selecting Restore Previous Versions (with DS closed).

Exact same thing happened to me. Your solution worked perfectly. Thanks!

I should have said this to Sisca but with two people seeing it the issue definitely needs to be reported. If you can attach the original scripts.dsx and the one that has gone awry.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 15 December 2013 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2013-04-01

Could not make Content manager work correct after update :(

All my content is still available via “Daz Studio formats” or “Poser Formats” but no content in “Products”, “categories” and “smart content” :(

I`ve reinstall DazStudio as described in https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane - nothing changed.

I tried to follow http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/33496/#497671 instructions and found out that only master.vdb was created…

I`ve tried to start and stop Daz Content Management Servise, but with no positive result. No ContentDB files….

Any ideas?

Posted: 15 December 2013 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6514
Joined  2003-10-09
borkia - 15 December 2013 09:02 AM

All my content is still available via “Daz Studio formats” or “Poser Formats” but no content in “Products”, “categories” and “smart content” :(

I`ve reinstall DazStudio as described in https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane - nothing changed.

I tried to follow http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/33496/#497671 instructions and found out that only master.vdb was created…

I`ve tried to start and stop Daz Content Management Servise, but with no positive result. No ContentDB files….

Any ideas?

Sounds like a corrupt database. Happened to me once. Read through this thread:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/22686/
Look for the database to take a long time to rebuild if you have a lot of content.
John

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Posted: 15 December 2013 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2013-04-01
borkia - 15 December 2013 09:02 AM

I`ve tried to start and stop Daz Content Management Service, but with no positive result. No ContentDB files….

Any ideas?

Fixed.
Problem was that CMS did not created new database after installation (it was started as service and as process in Win 7 but did not do anything).

I completely remove the Daz Studio,  CMS and even all content, and than installed old version of Daz - Daz studio 4.5. New database was created in right way. Than i install new version of Daz and now it`s a long way to install back all my content smile

Posted: 16 December 2013 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1310
Joined  2003-12-16

my stupid question of the day (I get 5): Do the 4.6.2.x updates already have the fixes added to 4.6.1.39? I’m assuming these are worked on chronologically but the word assume has a tendency to be a loaded word when it collaborates with my chi.

Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 16 December 2013 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1165
Joined  2007-10-17
StratDragon - 16 December 2013 08:57 AM

my stupid question of the day (I get 5): Do the 4.6.2.x updates already have the fixes added to 4.6.1.39? I’m assuming these are worked on chronologically but the word assume has a tendency to be a loaded word when it collaborates with my chi.

Not yet. We are working on a build of 4.6.2 beta that does.

Posted: 16 December 2013 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1310
Joined  2003-12-16
DAZ_Spooky - 16 December 2013 09:08 AM

thanks!
Follow up question: is there a distinct possibility of a 4.6.2.x general release before end of the year?

Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 16 December 2013 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1165
Joined  2007-10-17
StratDragon - 16 December 2013 10:38 AM
DAZ_Spooky - 16 December 2013 09:08 AM

thanks!
Follow up question: is there a distinct possibility of a 4.6.2.x general release before end of the year?

Given the current date, I wouldn’t expect it by the end of the year.

2 of 9

[ Problem      Exporting a CR2 ]