Digital Art Zone

3 of 6
LAMH Real Fur and Black Panthers for DAZ Big Cats 2: requirements and hints
Posted: 11 December 2013 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7956
Joined  2009-07-13

ok added beta player to my 32 bit DS4.6 as to not overwrite my full current version LAMH 64 bit (and kept the original dll)
maybe curves work but no good for animation, crashes
actually all my renders crash using 3Ddelight
and openGL render works with just the curve representations and shows what happens, it lags
really need rigged geometry for animation
might do the occasional still render if I feel like it and get it to work but not my thing, prob not going to bother

I love LAMH for creating geometric fibremesh fur and use it a lot but as I do not use Daz studio or do still renders probably not going to use these furs much unless I can convert to geometry.
I cannot download full beta as my email address has changed since I bought LAMH and I had enough issues with my new usb modem on registration on that version so will wait till all is updated in store.
Just put my furs on ice until then.

update renaming the dll to dll.bak as suggested in 64 bit and sticking the player one in worked so can at least render my furrred cats as stills

Image Attachments
tiger.gif64bit.png
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 12 December 2013 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  504
Joined  2004-04-05

so 1.07 is the latest RC for LAMH?  I’ll have to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps, I downloaded it hoping it would work about a week or two ago but still got crashing when trying to load a few of the products I got here that had the presets, but I never actually uninstalled, I just deleted the old files and copied the new ones in.  I bought the big cat 2 as well as the LAMH set last night but have yet to download them, i’m hoping the panther will be on sale a few more days, I am debating on getting that as well.

Posted: 12 December 2013 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2003-10-09

Hello

I have the LAMH plugin installed (last version beta)  and the free palyer

I have trhe Big cat 2 and today i have purchase the LAMH fur for this big cat

I don’t know why DAZ Studio dispaly a fatal error and quit when i use some of the breeds (Lion for ex) but not for others (puma for ex)
Another example :first time i use Tiger fur my DAZStudio close during loading but second tiome it was ok

By the way when the fur is loded ok the render is excellent Nice fur

Posted: 12 December 2013 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1303
Joined  2009-10-27
Martial - 12 December 2013 03:01 PM

Hello

I don’t know why DAZ Studio dispaly a fatal error and quit when i use some of the breeds (Lion for ex) but not for others (puma for ex)
Another example :first time i use Tiger fur my DAZStudio close during loading but second tiome it was ok

Hi,
please check out that you are using latest LAMH Player beta (1.07.7P). You can check that from DAZ->About Installed Plugins, or clicking on the tiny LAMH Icon in the LAMH Pane available in DS.
See if helps, instead of loading the Lion Preset .duf, to load the Lion plain figure (without fur), and ‘Attach’ the lion .lmh preset available in your My DAZ 3D Library->Animals->DAZ Big Cat 2->Breeds->AM->lion.lmh

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 12 December 2013 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1598
Joined  2005-02-25

Hello

Make sure that you only have the latest player BETA (soon to be in the store updated but not yet) that is linked to at the start of the thread. But here’s the link again: http://www.furrythings.com/lamh-player/

you need to go there to get THAT VERSION of player for the cats fur to work smile Not the older player from the store or the full version right now.

EDIT: Alessandro beat me hee hee

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan i can’t wait to play… too much work in real life to do first…. might take a sanity break to play with them tho or i’ll go crazy wink

Posted: 12 December 2013 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2006-02-17

Hello

Make sure that if you have the 1.07 Beta full loaded that the player dll is not installed.  The player is for those who don’t own LAMH.  the 1.07 RCs include the player.

Also, the Octane Plugin can cause problems for LAMH and vice versa.  We are working with them on a fix.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 12 December 2013 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  266
Joined  2003-10-09
Kendall Sears - 12 December 2013 03:14 PM

Make sure that if you have the 1.07 Beta full loaded that the player dll is not installed.  The player is for those who don’t own LAMH.  the 1.07 RCs include the player.

Kendall

After uninstall the player and install the latest beta, all cats loads fine.

Image Attachments
TigerTest.png

Posted: 12 December 2013 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-04-05

I can’t load anything without studio crashing either, I saved the crash report to my computer

Posted: 12 December 2013 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
dkgoose - 12 December 2013 04:12 PM

I can’t load anything without studio crashing either, I saved the crash report to my computer

Hi, as Kendall said above:

“Make sure that if you have the 1.07 Beta full loaded that the player dll is not installed.  The player is for those who don’t own LAMH.  the 1.07 RCs include the player.

Also, the Octane Plugin can cause problems for LAMH and vice versa.  We are working with them on a fix.”

Please try that and let me know if it fix it for you.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 12 December 2013 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-04-05

I have the beta fully loaded but I did not see the player dll in the plugins only the lamhplugin

Posted: 12 December 2013 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
dkgoose - 12 December 2013 04:25 PM

I have the beta fully loaded but I did not see the player dll in the plugins only the lamhplugin

I don’t understand, can you email me your DS log file to check what’s going on? Isn’t that you perhaps have multiple lamhPlugin dll files in your plugins folder?

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 12 December 2013 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-04-05

I’ll email the log, I only have 1 dll file

Posted: 12 December 2013 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  728
Joined  2010-03-13

I had a bit of an oddness today. The latest LAMH full RC kept crashing the latest DS public beta running on Mac OS Lion when trying to load several several big cat 2 presets (tried male lion, hyena, regular panther). In between those attempts I tried adding a LAMH hair object to e.g. a sphere and those attempts worked great and rendering wasn’t a problem either. Then I tried to load the mouse by Joe Quick. It succeeded and curiously afterwards I was able to load the big cat 2 presets. So apparently it resolved itself for me, though I am not sure why and how.

I still got the latest crash log, but as the issue resolved itself, I wouldn’t be able to reproduce this anymore. Nevertheless I could mail the log if it would be helpful in this case - unless this is known.

Posted: 12 December 2013 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
Renpatsu - 12 December 2013 04:41 PM

I had a bit of an oddness today. The latest LAMH full RC kept crashing the latest DS public beta running on Mac OS Lion when trying to load several several big cat 2 presets (tried male lion, hyena, regular panther). In between those attempts I tried adding a LAMH hair object to e.g. a sphere and those attempts worked great and rendering wasn’t a problem either. Then I tried to load the mouse by Joe Quick. It succeeded and curiously afterwards I was able to load the big cat 2 presets. So apparently it resolved itself for me, though I am not sure why and how.

I still got the latest crash log, but as the issue resolved itself, I wouldn’t be able to reproduce this anymore. Nevertheless I could mail the log if it would be helpful in this case - unless this is known.

The log file would indeed help. If you like you can email it at: info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace “_at_” with “@”)

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 12 December 2013 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  232
Joined  2011-03-18

Really love the way the fur looks, am waiting to see if I can get LAMH (full) to work before purchasing it…

Does anyone know if this Big Cat 2 fur and other LAMH presets will work or maybe work better with this latest release of DS 4.6.1.39?  Kendall has been trying to help me sort out why I’m having problems, and have gotten a few of the older presets to work… -Cathy

3 of 6