Digital Art Zone

2 of 6
LAMH Real Fur and Black Panthers for DAZ Big Cats 2: requirements and hints
Posted: 11 December 2013 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2009-07-13

ok do I need the latest beta to use this?
as the LAMH presets which I eventually found hidden in my library under breeds not my LAMH presets thx to DIM do not match the geometry

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 11 December 2013 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1263
Joined  2009-10-27
wendy♥catz - 11 December 2013 11:16 AM

ok do I need the latest beta to use this?
as the LAMH presets which I eventually found hidden in my library under breeds not my LAMH presets thx to DIM do not match the geometry

Hi Wendy, use latest LAMH Player beta (see first post in this thread).

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 11 December 2013 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2009-07-13

I was kind of hoping to export as geometry and use transfer tool as I do on hairs I create
does the player do this?
see this video using head hair RIGGED with childbones as springbones in iClone to see the sort of stuff I do
I tend to avoid software betas have the current LAMH from my purchased downloads

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 11 December 2013 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1860
Joined  2006-02-17
wendy♥catz - 11 December 2013 11:25 AM

I was kind of hoping to export as geometry and use transfer tool as I do on hairs I create
does the player do this?
see this video using head hair RIGGED with childbones as springbones in iClone to see the sort of stuff I do
I tend to avoid software betas have the current LAMH from my purchased downloads

Hi Wendy,
  We’ve asked that the player beta be moved into the store since no one has reported problems with it.  So it will be “non-beta” very soon.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 11 December 2013 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1388
Joined  2005-03-16

DAZ Studio crashes anytime I try to load in one of the Real Fur breed presets, but only if there is something else in the scene.  It loads into an empty scene just fine.  If I load the cat first, then load in other items, I’m fine until I try to save, then it crashes again.

Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 11 December 2013 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Slosh - 11 December 2013 02:44 PM

DAZ Studio crashes anytime I try to load in one of the Real Fur breed presets, but only if there is something else in the scene.  It loads into an empty scene just fine.  If I load the cat first, then load in other items, I’m fine until I try to save, then it crashes again.

Please make sure that you have the latest version.  see: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/33792/

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 11 December 2013 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2004-06-23

I have the latest version and I cannot load one of these without an immediate crash. i7 , 12 gigs RAM, GeForce GTX 460. Everything updated and not other issues. I click to load and and get an instant crash. It does not even begin to try and open.

The RC is installed as instructed.

If I remove LAMH and use the free player could that be a temporary workaround?

Posted: 11 December 2013 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1388
Joined  2005-03-16

After installing the update per Kendall and uninstalling the free player, everything works as it should.  I was able to load the kitty and the girl and a backdrop, render it, save it, the whole kit and kaboodle.  Thanks for the help!

Image Attachments
Gen5FMix.png
 Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 11 December 2013 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2004-06-23

My apologies. I seldom use Studio and it was my bad. It’s all OK. Open in “Breed” and then open again in “AM”. I misunderstood since everything is labeled actor. I thought I could just click on the item in “AM” not thinking the hair is a separate actor.

Posted: 11 December 2013 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1593
Joined  2009-08-08

I purchased the LAMH plug in when it came out, but iirc, there were a lot of hoops to jump through to get it running. Access codes and what all.

Well I cannot find any of those now. So even if I re-download and reinstall it I’m going to need new key codes or whatever, unless the serial number in my account will be enough to satisfy it. As I remember it, however, it needed something else as well.

Or I could deinstall it altogether and just run the new player once it reaches the store. Given that I am more likely to be using presets than building new hair models on things, that might be a better option, if it actually works.

So; the main question is; am I correct in my recollection that I need yet another access code to make the plugin work? Something *more* than just the serial number?

Secondary questions, has there been any issue with the full version plugin with the current version of Studio? I think Studio has been updated twice since I purchased the plugin.

Third question; the player is clearly being updated. Does that mean that the player is more likely to work than the plugin is?

Posted: 11 December 2013 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  425
Joined  2013-03-26
JOdel - 11 December 2013 05:55 PM

I purchased the LAMH plug in when it came out, but iirc, there were a lot of hoops to jump through to get it running. Access codes and what all.

Well I cannot find any of those now. So even if I re-download and reinstall it I’m going to need new key codes or whatever, unless the serial number in my account will be enough to satisfy it. As I remember it, however, it needed something else as well.

Or I could deinstall it altogether and just run the new player once it reaches the store. Given that I am more likely to be using presets than building new hair models on things, that might be a better option, if it actually works.

So; the main question is; am I correct in my recollection that I need yet another access code to make the plugin work? Something *more* than just the serial number?

Secondary questions, has there been any issue with the full version plugin with the current version of Studio? I think Studio has been updated twice since I purchased the plugin.

Third question; the player is clearly being updated. Does that mean that the player is more likely to work than the plugin is?

All you do is follow the steps you did before.  The serial in your account you use for the install code or w/e LAMH calls it when you start the activation process, and then you just go from there.

Signature 

My gallery~
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/166/

Posted: 11 December 2013 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

HI JOdel,
  The 1st code is generated by your computer.
  The 2nd code is from DAZ.
enter those into the LAMH registration site and you get a code to enter.  Save the .cfg file that LAMH will save into your LAMH folder and you’ll not have to do it again.

Just a one time operation. 

If you’ve purchased the 1.0 Full Plugin, then you are eligible to get the latest Release Candidate for free from the LAMH support sites.  The 1.07 contains the player built in.

Kendall

JOdel - 11 December 2013 05:55 PM

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2013 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1593
Joined  2009-08-08

Thank you. I’ll make a point of downloading and reinstalling, then. Probably some time later in the week.

Posted: 11 December 2013 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
JOdel - 11 December 2013 06:07 PM

Thank you. I’ll make a point of downloading and reinstalling, then. Probably some time later in the week.

Remember, that we’re always here if you need assistance. 

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2013 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  425
Joined  2013-03-26
Slosh - 11 December 2013 05:39 PM

After installing the update per Kendall and uninstalling the free player, everything works as it should.  I was able to load the kitty and the girl and a backdrop, render it, save it, the whole kit and kaboodle.  Thanks for the help!

This looks great btw.

Signature 

My gallery~
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/166/

2 of 6