Digital Art Zone

A couple of questions about Genesis, poses and scaling
Posted: 03 July 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2006-05-14

I noticed that some of the genesis poses i’ve picked up revert my custom characters back to their original scale (say, if i changed it for height purposes, or lengthened the limbs, or in the case of hitomi, it changes the entire body to hitomi base, no matter what other morphs i’ve applied)—basically, i lose all my scaling if i use one of those pose presets. 

i’ve had a look at the pose file in a text editor, but i’ve no idea what to change—i know it must be possible to save a pose without scaling info, since three or four of the pose packs i have actually work without altering my morphs, etc., at all.

also, when i dial the basic child morph, it always changes the head morph, and i can’t remove/negative dial the child head, like i can with most of the other shapes, when i just want one or the other (head/body), so i lose my custom character morph…

this is on DS4 pro 4.0.3.47

am i just not looking in the right place, or can someone give me an idea of how to fix it?

thanks!

Posted: 03 July 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

Have you tried holding down CTRL when applying the pose?  You can then tell it to ignore morphs/scaling by unchecking the appropriate boxes.

Image Attachments
201207031440_pose_scaling.png
 Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 03 July 2012 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2006-05-14

hey, wow, that worked!  at least for the scaling thing.
thanks so much!  i was hoping it was something simple like that.  i’ve done that for texture stuff before, but i never thought of using it on a pose preset.

guess there’s no way to alter the basic child head, though, huh? 

but it’s so great to be able to post something here and get such a fast answer!  just like the old days, haha!

thanks again!

Posted: 03 July 2012 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3311
Joined  2009-08-05

JEEZ. That saves me alot of trouble. Thanks. I was wondering about this.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 29 July 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2010-06-14
adamr001 - 03 July 2012 01:41 PM

Have you tried holding down CTRL when applying the pose?  You can then tell it to ignore morphs/scaling by unchecking the appropriate boxes.

I’m glad there’s a work around. There should be an option to omit scaling and morph information when saving a pose, and I don’t mean the clumsy control in place where you must set options for each body part. Thats just broken design.