Digital Art Zone

3 of 15
DAZ Big Cat 2 Discussion Thread (Formerly Big Cat 2 Sneak Preview)
Posted: 09 December 2013 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1539
Joined  2006-09-09

YES!!!!!!! YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!! At LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the MOST excited I’ve been about a new character/product all year!!!! AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

I often use the Mill Big cat, and I’ve been dying for a new one for so long. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 09 December 2013 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4402
Joined  2011-11-25

Wonderful! Especially the cougar/mountain lion. Will there be a standard housecat released? Could really use a smaller cat. Big kitties are glamorous and exciting but small kitties are more useful for day-to-day renders.

Posted: 09 December 2013 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-09

i’d be excited to see a small domestic cat also. The Mill big cat, and the little cat are very old, and are definitely showing their age.

Posted: 09 December 2013 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1454
Joined  2006-07-04

So if the new Big Cat is coming out this week, I may have to wait.  If he’s coming out next week or later, the sale may last long enough for me to pick it up with Christmas money. smile  (I need the sale to still be active come Dec 27th…)

High hopes that this leads to a new Mil Dog and Mil little cat too. smile

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 09 December 2013 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1626
Joined  2009-08-08
DAZ_jared - 09 December 2013 12:04 PM
Carola O - 09 December 2013 11:59 AM

Jared… I think I love you *grins* these are amazing !

Have to ask though, will there be a snow leopard? and perhaps a white tiger too? Och and the real fur for Look at My Hair, is not a requirment to use these cats is it? Cause I still haven’t got the free player to work without crashing Daz, and well.. not willing to pay for a program when the fre version work like that smile

LAMH is only required for the real fur product for Big Cat 2.

The full plugin version or the free player version?

I’ve got the original version, but have lost my key code—so I can’t get it to work and the free player never worked for me at all.

Posted: 09 December 2013 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7508
Joined  2012-09-10

I actually have a home movie of me, my sister, and my neighbor Debbie playing in our living room with two baby tigers. They were on their way to the Beverly Hillbillies show, and Debbie’s dad was best friends with the folks who were providing/transporting the cubs. Annoying though- it was about a 20 second clip! (But back then, there weren’t video cameras. It was the old fashioned movie cameras.)  They also provided the swimming tabby cat for that show. It loved water and swimming (and wasn’t a Turkish cat.)

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
The Art Studio: Thread #5   Product Discussions
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 09 December 2013 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2128
Joined  2005-04-15
Novica - 09 December 2013 10:12 PM

They also provided the swimming tabby cat for that show. It loved water and swimming (and wasn’t a Turkish cat.)

Most tigers like the water.  Ditto for Jaguars.  There’s an amazing video that made the rounds recently of a Jag stealthily swimming up on an unsuspecting croc nearly its own size (a camain, actually) and taking it down for lunch.

And back to the subject at hand:  Boo-Yah!  It took me a long time to break down and buy Horse 2, but these kitties are going in the cart ASAP. 

Now, I can only hope that some enterprising PAs have already recognized how similar a cat’s build is to other smaller mammals, and we can hope for some foxes, racoons, etc.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 09 December 2013 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  539
Joined  2009-04-14

YES YES YES! Now we need MilDog 2, MilCat 2, and SubDragon 2.

Posted: 10 December 2013 12:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5773
Joined  2005-08-29
Kevin-McKee - 09 December 2013 10:55 PM

YES YES YES! Now we need MilDog 2, MilCat 2, and SubDragon 2.

You forgot DAZ Squirrel 2!

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 10 December 2013 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3315
Joined  2007-06-22
JOdel - 09 December 2013 08:22 PM

Have to ask though, will there be a snow leopard? and perhaps a white tiger too? Och and the real fur for Look at My Hair, is not a requirment to use these cats is it? Cause I still haven’t got the free player to work without crashing Daz, and well.. not willing to pay for a program when the fre version work like that smile

I’ve got the original version, but have lost my key code—so I can’t get it to work and the free player never worked for me at all.

I’ve got the free player to work but it seems to break with every new preset release.
I wish someone would utilise GBH a bit more it seems a lot more stable. I would love the fur presets but doubt I will buy them as its just to hit and miss if they will work, tried to use the furry mouse the other day and LAMH crashed DS.

Posted: 10 December 2013 02:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
scorpio64dragon - 10 December 2013 01:59 AM
JOdel - 09 December 2013 08:22 PM

I’ve got the free player to work but it seems to break with every new preset release.
I wish someone would utilise GBH a bit more it seems a lot more stable. I would love the fur presets but doubt I will buy them as its just to hit and miss if they will work, tried to use the furry mouse the other day and LAMH crashed DS.

I agree with you here Scopio, GBH is so much more stable than LAMH I got both and LAMH, can’t get a render with it as it either crashes or just makes DS throw a dialog saying “error while rendering”.

And I need to reinstall my LAMH too.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 10 December 2013 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-09

oh damn it!!!! i wasn’t expecting them to be released TODAY!!! I was hoping to have at least another week to get my pennies together. :sigh:

Posted: 10 December 2013 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-09

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/daz-big-cat-2

ok, time to sell my first born, I think. :D

Posted: 10 December 2013 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
jakiblue - 10 December 2013 02:04 AM

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/daz-big-cat-2

ok, time to sell my first born, I think. :D

LOL!

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 10 December 2013 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-09

I need to live vicariously through others - hopefully we’ll have a render thread turn up soon. :D :D

3 of 15