88 of 98
Star Trek Builders Unite 5 : Where no pixel has gone before
Posted: 02 July 2014 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1306 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4915
Joined  2012-04-07

Made a furry tribble.

If anybody is interested D/S4.6.whatever we’re at ... STILL cannot weld together body parts. So TODAY I once again used D/S3 to make a .cr2.
It’s an experimental model for another project so is not being released yet.
However, D/S4.6.whatever we’re at ... exports out the .obj files at about 1/2 of the weight Hexagon makes ‘em.
Curious I imported into Hexagon one of the 1/2 weights and exported it out again and once again Hexagon made it huge.
With D/S4.6.w made a .duf prop file. Would have to be morphed for bending, not that tribbles bend a whole lot.
Sure would be nice if rigged figures could also be made with the push of a button.

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2014 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1307 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2003-10-12
Patience55 - 02 July 2014 09:21 AM

Made a furry tribble.

If anybody is interested D/S4.6.whatever we’re at ... STILL cannot weld together body parts. So TODAY I once again used D/S3 to make a .cr2.

“I fell your pain”

Yes, I’ve been plagued by this for quite a while now. I’ve built many a model using DS3’s “Figure Setup Tools”, which have now been incorporated into DS4 but it still won’t work with anything other that the ‘weight mapping’ system. This has meant that I have to have both DS 3 and 4 installed for the CR2’s that I’m creating (see attached pic).

I’ve brought this matter up last year on one of the other forum pages but, with each new iteration of DS4, there has been no progress made in correcting this flaw ( I couldn’t even really call it an error as it is, apparently, a deliberate decision on the part of the DS programmers). Even if you try the ‘legacy’ option, it still won’t work.

Hold onto your copy of DS 3 because that’s the only version that will allow both of us, and perhaps others, to do what we’re trying to do.

Image Attachments
Variant_04_[640x480].jpg

Posted: 02 July 2014 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1308 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4915
Joined  2012-04-07
Georgehaze - 02 July 2014 10:03 AM
Patience55 - 02 July 2014 09:21 AM

Made a furry tribble.

“I fell your pain”

Yes, I’ve been plagued by this for quite a while now. I’ve built many a model using DS3’s “Figure Setup Tools”, which have now been incorporated into DS4 but it still won’t work with anything other that the ‘weight mapping’ system. This has meant that I have to have both DS 3 and 4 installed for the CR2’s that I’m creating (see attached pic).

I’ve brought this matter up last year on one of the other forum pages but, with each new iteration of DS4, there has been no progress made in correcting this flaw ( I couldn’t even really call it an error as it is, apparently, a deliberate decision on the part of the DS programmers). Even if you try the ‘legacy’ option, it still won’t work.

Hold onto your copy of DS 3 because that’s the only version that will allow both of us, and perhaps others, to do what we’re trying to do.

Looking good though.

I have found the D/S4.x legacy rigging can be quite okay for ‘sets’ wherein all one wants to do is rig walls for quick show/hide; rock showers and stuff like that where nothing needs or indeed wants to be welded to any other part. The options for angles is gone so it’s a rather quick rigging set up, just adjusting the twist and exporting the file. But there is no legacy rigging of clothing for example!

I know I bought a tutorial or 2 for the new rigging but so far it just hasn’t clicked for me. Seems to me to be rather tedious to “pick pixels” to weigh or whatever it’s doing ... got half way through a horse which sits gathering dust now.

Oh yes, the other good thing as to reasons for holding onto the D/S3 is for the inj/rem script for making them. Requires a little text editing, but then that too was par for the course ‘once upon a time’. There’s a rumour that D/S4 is supposed to be able to make these too ... but you know, nobody knows how! Seems it requires a mysterious other element which isn’t likely to ever be put into place. Sometimes I can figure things out, even if they are work-a-rounds so have a slow project in mind to try some ideas and see if the mystery cannot be discovered.

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2014 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1309 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2003-10-09

almost ready…will be shared as freebies.

1) Klingon Combadge and Rankpins from Star Trek Online MMROPG

From what I was able to find out, the Klingons appears not to have a rank Lt JG so it goes directly to Lieutenant.  No Admirals but Generals.

Ranks support:
O1 Warrior
O2 Lieutenant
O4 Lt Commander
O5 Commander
O6 Captain
G1 Brigadier General
G2 Major General
G3 Lt General
G4 General

The Klingon combadge is based on a image from the net.  I’m also looking at creating some addl.  insignia to be attached to the Klingon sash.

2) I’ve redone the STO Veteran Combadge   (for players who have paid for a lifetime subscription in Star Trek Online). 

Comments welcomed.

Russ

Image Attachments
STO_Klingon_Combadge_Rankpins_Image.pngSTOVeteranCombadge.png
 Signature 

Andromeda Force-Lance   http://www.sharecg.com/v/76075/browse/11/Poser/Andromeda-Ascendent-Force-Lance-**-UPDATED-**

Posted: 03 July 2014 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1310 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1295
Joined  2004-07-16
rschulte - 03 July 2014 09:16 PM

From what I was able to find out, the Klingons appears not to have a rank Lt JG so it goes directly to Lieutenant.  No Admirals but Generals.

Ranks support:
O1 Warrior
O2 Lieutenant
O4 Lt Commander
O5 Commander
O6 Captain
G1 Brigadier General
G2 Major General
G3 Lt General
G4 General

The Klingon combadge is based on a image from the net.  I’m also looking at creating some addl.  insignia to be attached to the Klingon sash.

2) I’ve redone the STO Veteran Combadge   (for players who have paid for a lifetime subscription in Star Trek Online). 

Comments welcomed.

Russ

Are you going strictly by the On-line universe? Cause in the movies, the Klingons had Colonels. Remember Colonel Chang from St:VI Undiscovered Country.

Posted: 03 July 2014 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1311 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
mdbruffy - 03 July 2014 09:41 PM

Ranks support:
O1 Warrior
O2 Lieutenant
O4 Lt Commander
O5 Commander
O6 Captain
G1 Brigadier General
G2 Major General
G3 Lt General
G4 General

Comments welcomed.

Russ

Are you going strictly by the On-line universe? Cause in the movies, the Klingons had Colonels. Remember Colonel Chang from St:VI Undiscovered Country.

At this time, yes…. 

But I’m hoping to do another rank set later based on the following examples: one are worn on the collar and an insignia set. 
Thus illustrates how the rank structure in the Klingon military does not seem as clear cut as in the Federation.

I am open to suggestions,  if people would rather see these insignia and not STO versions,  then let me know.

Image Attachments
Ad-Rank4.gifStar_Trek__Klingon_ranks_by_althechi.jpg1ca1629776fa9e28b51b5b05344e9c46.png
 Signature 

Andromeda Force-Lance   http://www.sharecg.com/v/76075/browse/11/Poser/Andromeda-Ascendent-Force-Lance-**-UPDATED-**

Posted: 04 July 2014 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1312 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
rschulte - 03 July 2014 10:35 PM
mdbruffy - 03 July 2014 09:41 PM

Ranks support:
O1 Warrior
O2 Lieutenant
O4 Lt Commander
O5 Commander
O6 Captain
G1 Brigadier General
G2 Major General
G3 Lt General
G4 General

Comments welcomed.

Russ

At this time, yes…. 

But I’m hoping to do another rank set later based on the following examples: one are worn on the collar and an insignia set. 
Thus illustrates how the rank structure in the Klingon military does not seem as clear cut as in the Federation.

I am open to suggestions,  if people would rather see these insignia and not STO versions,  then let me know.

works for me.. grin

Posted: 04 July 2014 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1313 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Klingon Sash pins

1) Command Sash pin (worn by Worf in early season and by Klingon Command staff)

2) Honorific sash pins with support image showing names and titles.

still needs a little work…..

Comment welcomed…

Russ

Image Attachments
Honorifics_for_sash.pnghonorifics.pngSashpin.png
 Signature 

Posted: 05 July 2014 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1314 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16

A little off-topic, but you guys might find this intresting:

http://www.scifiairshow.com/ships-boneyard.html

Posted: 06 July 2014 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1315 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  2003-10-09

OMG - this one is BRILLIANT!!!!

http://www.scifiairshow.com/images/ships/boneyard/BY09B_large.jpg

Posted: 06 July 2014 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1316 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
Ptrope - 06 July 2014 01:57 PM

OMG - this one is BRILLIANT!!!!

http://www.scifiairshow.com/images/ships/boneyard/BY09B_large.jpg

Thought someone would find it interesting grin.

Posted: 06 July 2014 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1317 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ve been to the site before, but not since adding the boneyard; those are impressive smile.

Posted: 06 July 2014 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1318 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
Ptrope - 06 July 2014 03:35 PM

I’ve been to the site before, but not since adding the boneyard; those are impressive smile.

Every once in a while, they add something new.

Posted: 08 July 2014 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1319 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  615
Joined  2006-10-07
rschulte - 04 July 2014 11:31 AM

Klingon Sash pins

Comment welcomed…

Russ

Outstanding work you are doing on these pins and rank insignia Russ! Can’t wait to get my hands on them

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 08 July 2014 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1320 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
shadowhawk1 - 08 July 2014 09:39 AM
rschulte - 04 July 2014 11:31 AM

Klingon Sash pins

Comment welcomed…

Russ

Outstanding work you are doing on these pins and rank insignia Russ! Can’t wait to get my hands on them

Thanks!

My brother, who played far more STO then me, has suggested the version of Klinon rankpins are not realty used often and suggested I complemented these with rank emblems for the sash instead.  I’m in the process on creating a sash (using the Valiant tabbard).  I’ll be making some additional badges.

Signature 

88 of 98