Digital Art Zone

21 of 21
Olympia 6 Discussion and Render Thread (previously Olympia 6 Preview Thread)
Posted: 08 January 2014 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 301 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1137
Joined  2007-10-17
SickleYield - 08 January 2014 01:06 PM
SnowSultan - 08 January 2014 12:54 PM

Thanks Spooky. I don’t pretend to understand now, so I’m going to go back to looking at a render by Hellboy or Joelegecko and postworking my renders until they’re about as bright as theirs.  wink

I’ve noticed a distinct difference between how things look on my main’s monitor and my laptop, and the laptop seems closer to everyone else’s because when things look correct on it they seem to look right to the testers as well.  I end up doing brightness/contrast postwork for this reason a lot.

It is likely that you need to calibrate your monitor. smile

Posted: 08 January 2014 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2367
Joined  2007-12-13
SickleYield - 08 January 2014 01:06 PM
SnowSultan - 08 January 2014 12:54 PM

Thanks Spooky. I don’t pretend to understand now, so I’m going to go back to looking at a render by Hellboy or Joelegecko and postworking my renders until they’re about as bright as theirs.  wink

I’ve noticed a distinct difference between how things look on my main’s monitor and my laptop, and the laptop seems closer to everyone else’s because when things look correct on it they seem to look right to the testers as well.  I end up doing brightness/contrast postwork for this reason a lot.

I have two graphics cards in my laptop, an integrated Intel and and AMD Radeon. I use the Radeon for DS, browsing and videos, though I can’t tell Windows Photo Viewer to use that so it uses the Intel and you can’t half tell the difference when you look at renders with it.

CHEERS!

Posted: 08 January 2014 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2012-02-04

Like TVs, many laptop screens are whacked out when it comes to default calibration, since a super bright, super saturated look is often “more pleasing” to your average viewer and thus sells more units when seen sitting on a retailer’s shelf, even though it’s completely inaccurate.  If you really want to do proper color, you need a hardware colorimeter tool like a Datacolor Spyder, X-Rite i1Display Pro, etc.  These hook up via USB and measure measure how your display reproduces a set of known test screens and then generates a calibration file for the OS so that it adapts colour to display correctly.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 08 January 2014 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5233
Joined  2008-03-06
cwichura - 08 January 2014 01:27 PM

Like TVs, many laptop screens are whacked out when it comes to default calibration, since a super bright, super saturated look is often “more pleasing” to your average viewer and thus sells more units when seen sitting on a retailer’s shelf, even though it’s completely inaccurate.  If you really want to do proper color, you need a hardware colorimeter tool like a Datacolor Spyder, X-Rite i1Display Pro, etc.  These hook up via USB and measure measure how your display reproduces a set of known test screens and then generates a calibration file for the OS so that it adapts colour to display correctly.

Ain’t cheap, but it might be worth it over time, I guess.  I found some instructions and calibrated my monitor for now.  I’ll consider an external colorimeter next pay period.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 08 January 2014 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2012-02-04

True, they aren’t the cheapest devices.  Their target market is professional photographers and videographers.

Also, it should be noted that displays drift.  So these systems are not a ‘run once and forget’ thing.  They are meant to be run every couple of weeks to a month.  I don’t know if that makes the price more palatable or not, since it’s something you will use repeatedly.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 08 January 2014 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5233
Joined  2008-03-06
cwichura - 08 January 2014 03:29 PM

True, they aren’t the cheapest devices.  Their target market is professional photographers and videographers.

Also, it should be noted that displays drift.  So these systems are not a ‘run once and forget’ thing.  They are meant to be run every couple of weeks to a month.  I don’t know if that makes the price more palatable or not, since it’s something you will use repeatedly.

Sure.  I’ve just spent $800 on Zbrush (not a small investment at my income but a necessary one) and I’m going to have to spend $200 on a new SSD soon (current one is filling up owing to the Users folders even though it’s only supposed to contain my Windows install), so another $200 on a device that prevents me having to redo or postwork that much of my output is certainly valuable.  It’s just a matter of arranging it at the optimal time paycheck-wise.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 08 January 2014 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 307 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1137
Joined  2007-10-17

And just to get the thread back on topic. LOL

Image Attachments
Olympia1.jpg

Posted: 08 January 2014 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 308 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1119
Joined  2010-09-19

she fills-out V4 dynamic dresses in an interesting way (added a bit more curves to her with Curvaceous Olympia 6)...

Image Attachments
Olympia_wearing_V4_dynamic.jpg
 Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 09 January 2014 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4688
Joined  2004-08-11

Very shapely. I like that!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 09 January 2014 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6459
Joined  2006-02-20
SickleYield - 08 January 2014 03:34 PM

... and I’m going to have to spend $200 on a new SSD soon (current one is filling up owing to the Users folders even though it’s only supposed to contain my Windows install),...

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/
I am moving those appdata Daz3d, Poser and the like folders away from my SSD ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 09 January 2014 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4907
Joined  2005-08-03

@SY: how often to you clear your temp files/cookies/old restore points/etc?

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 09 January 2014 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3378
Joined  2007-06-22

Olympia - hope there’s not too much butt on view

Image Attachments
Oly2.jpg

Posted: 09 January 2014 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1685
Joined  2012-10-10
Sorel - 15 December 2013 01:39 PM
Male-M3dia - 15 December 2013 01:29 PM
alexhcowley - 15 December 2013 05:12 AM

After the disgracefully modest Ranger outfit, I’m pleased to see we are back to proper fantasy warrioress-person outfits.

o.O srly?

I liked the outfit and somehow I doubt a ranger outfit would be effective in just a bra and panties. It is a ranger outfit after all.

I have to agree.  I hate even in MMOs or games in general that, depending on who makes said game, your armor gets less and less…protective looking the higher you get.

Alexhcowley, would you like to move through a dense (coniferous… :D) forest in some kind of skimpy lingerie? That kind of renders would require a lot of LIE Deep Wounds product, wouldn’t they?

I strongly encourage people to start referring properly - fantasy does NOT mean skimpwear and smexiness. Wearing such kind of clothes is totally irrational. Fantasy isn’t just about Frazetta. That’s why I am very happy to see Male-M3dia’s and Sorel’s posts.

RCDeschene - 17 October 2013 03:16 PM

(...) But I’m not sure that Teen Boy 6 is going to have Josie’s equivalent name any more than Justin had Julie’s. I can see the kid with a modern name like Jayden (...).

Are you a prophet of some sort…? => http://www.daz3d.com/compatibility-matrix => Teen Boys… :D

Signature 

A PA sale creeps upon a victim from behind, punches it in the rear and runs away with its wallet.

Posted: 09 January 2014 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8853
Joined  2004-07-21

I like the name Jayden.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 13 January 2014 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 315 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2737
Joined  2007-05-05

I like Olympia…..I just wish sometime they would fix her nose….I always have to do post work on it…..

Image Attachments
Olympia_nose.jpg
 Signature 

Please remember my comprehension level is not the same as a rocket scientist…
Bryce7Pro-Addict…............Darkside-oholic…......Carrara-wannabee
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

21 of 21