4 of 4
V4.2 vs. Genesis V5 and Genesis 2 Female V6 and the V4 morph tools
Posted: 05 December 2013 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3143
Joined  2004-04-25
cosmo71 - 05 December 2013 03:06 PM

my problem is that I have some breast morphs that I want to have for v4.2 like swing up/down, swing left/right and some more but I can`t use them because they get in conflict with CC`s I need for my overhaul for DS and for the Bendmorphs for the glute I have. As written, it worked to change the CC channels for the glute into DC channels so these and overhaul do not get in conflict but the breast morphs I can`t change (knowledge base) the morphs for the breasts so it seems are just scripts loading deltas which have the channels. SO I have had a look at the deltas (each) the only I was able to fix was the swing up/down because the do not effect athor actors than the chest but if it comes to the side morphs also collars are involve and the abdomen.

One propblem is that overhaul also have influence on different actors so it is to much for me to check all. I am a totally newbe on this matter, I just want to render :(

Here’s the problem with your character as I see it.  You have a non-standard V4.  Without being able to look at the non-standard cr2, it’s difficult to know what channels are occupied by what morphs that are part of the non-standard V4.  Add to that the fact that you are using correction morph sets.  And if I had to guess, they are made by different vendors.  Since different vendors want to sell you their morph sets, they aren’t interested in making their products work with any other vendors products. 

The overhaul morphs use ERC.  One main dial actually adjust many more dials in different parts. 

Everyone is new to this at some point and no matter how long you have been hacking Poser files, there’s always something new to learn.  ERC, mat poses, mor poses, Easy Pose and JCM’s are all user hacks.  Think of how tedious and annoying it would be if you had to apply textures and other maps manually in the surfaces tab for every material zone. 

You asked how to fix some of the problems you’ve had with your character.  If you want everything the way you want it, there is no easy one click solution.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 05 December 2013 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1519
Joined  2010-06-29
icprncss - 05 December 2013 05:00 PM

my problem is that I have some breast morphs that I want to have for v4.2 like swing up/down, swing left/right and some more but I can`t use them because they get in conflict with CC`s I need for my overhaul for DS and for the Bendmorphs for the glute I have. As written, it worked to change the CC channels for the glute into DC channels so these and overhaul do not get in conflict but the breast morphs I can`t change (knowledge base) the morphs for the breasts so it seems are just scripts loading deltas which have the channels. SO I have had a look at the deltas (each) the only I was able to fix was the swing up/down because the do not effect athor actors than the chest but if it comes to the side morphs also collars are involve and the abdomen.

One propblem is that overhaul also have influence on different actors so it is to much for me to check all. I am a totally newbe on this matter, I just want to render :(

Here’s the problem with your character as I see it.  You have a non-standard V4.  Without being able to look at the non-standard cr2, it’s difficult to know what channels are occupied by what morphs that are part of the non-standard V4.  Add to that the fact that you are using correction morph sets.  And if I had to guess, they are made by different vendors.  Since different vendors want to sell you their morph sets, they aren’t interested in making their products work with any other vendors products. 

The overhaul morphs use ERC.  One main dial actually adjust many more dials in different parts. 

Everyone is new to this at some point and no matter how long you have been hacking Poser files, there’s always something new to learn.  ERC, mat poses, mor poses, Easy Pose and JCM’s are all user hacks.  Think of how tedious and annoying it would be if you had to apply textures and other maps manually in the surfaces tab for every material zone. 

You asked how to fix some of the problems you’ve had with your character.  If you want everything the way you want it, there is no easy one click solution.

Hmm but I think NGM and NBM are ExP Morphs because the are extra listed on a V4.2, not as DC or CC channels. So if it is possible to add ExP Morphs to v4.2 the CR2 of V4.2 and the WWGII uses the V4.2 CR2 file with also ExP Morphs because the morphs for the hip are also extra listed and no DC or CC channels I do you mean that I have to “say” the WWGII to open the possinility to inject more ExP morphs?

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 05 December 2013 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-25
cosmo71 - 05 December 2013 05:29 PM

Hmm but I think NGM and NBM are ExP Morphs because the are extra listed on a V4.2, not as DC or CC channels. So if it is possible to add ExP Morphs to v4.2 the CR2 of V4.2 and the WWGII uses the V4.2 CR2 file with also ExP Morphs because the morphs for the hip are also extra listed and no DC or CC channels I do you mean that I have to “say” the WWGII to open the possinility to inject more ExP morphs?

I’m not familiar with the figure you are using.  Is it a morph set that you add to the figure as you would the V4 elite morphs or is it a stand alone cr2?

If it is a stand alone cr2, I think I see where one of the main problems lies.  If the stand alone cr2 was generated without ExP capabilities you cannot add more channels because for lack of a better term, the cr2 is closed.  This is one difference between generating a cr2 in Poser and one in the DS set up.  DS gives you the ability to generate a cr2 with ExP capabilities.  If the stand alone cr2 was generated in Poser, it would not have this capability.  Therefore that cr2 is limited to the existing DC and CC. 

I’m not sure if there is a way around this.  Maybe if you generated a new cr2 for your Dixie figure and allowing the new cr2 to ExP functionality, this would give you the ability to add more channels or for the cr2 to accept the ExP morph sets it’s having issue with now.

Mind you the above is speculation.  If you try it, back up your figure to a safe place before you do anything with it.

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2013 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
icprncss - 05 December 2013 06:13 PM
cosmo71 - 05 December 2013 05:29 PM

I’m not familiar with the figure you are using.  Is it a morph set that you add to the figure as you would the V4 elite morphs or is it a stand alone cr2?

If it is a stand alone cr2, I think I see where one of the main problems lies.  If the stand alone cr2 was generated without ExP capabilities you cannot add more channels because for lack of a better term, the cr2 is closed.  This is one difference between generating a cr2 in Poser and one in the DS set up.  DS gives you the ability to generate a cr2 with ExP capabilities.  If the stand alone cr2 was generated in Poser, it would not have this capability.  Therefore that cr2 is limited to the existing DC and CC. 

I’m not sure if there is a way around this.  Maybe if you generated a new cr2 for your Dixie figure and allowing the new cr2 to ExP functionality, this would give you the ability to add more channels or for the cr2 to accept the ExP morph sets it’s having issue with now.

Mind you the above is speculation.  If you try it, back up your figure to a safe place before you do anything with it.

No I click on a link or load the character and it apears as v4.2 ready with the new hip morphs as “other” - group without the v4 morphs, these I have to inject, base, elite and ,morphs++ that is why I think that the new morphs of the hip/crotch region are ExP Morphs becaue the don`t use CC channels. With the character came a conforming figure for the (inner)gens that follows the morphs of the hip morphs of the base figure and has also much more other seperate morphs. It is because of realism, this figure as v4.2 looks more real than the new generation figures with there prop

Signature 

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 05 December 2013 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

how does this work in poser? I have heard that v4.2 in poser has no limitations on injection channels, how can that be?

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2013 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

time to go off for today…work…until tomorrow, bye

smile

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2013 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9615
Joined  2007-11-06
cosmo71 - 05 December 2013 06:23 PM

how does this work in poser? I have heard that v4.2 in poser has no limitations on injection channels, how can that be?

ExP works the same way in Poser.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 06 December 2013 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-25

ExP was designed for Poser format content.  Go to the wiki and read Rob’s tech notes on ExP.  ExP works in Poser but you need to generate an ExP capable cr2 in DS.  You then need to use the ExP export function to create new channels and set your ERC and/or morphs in the new channels. 

Poser can make use of a cr2 that has these functions in it but Poser cannot create them.  About the only limitation to a V4 figure with expanded channels and multiple morph sets injected into them is that it becomes resource intensive.  This can lead to slow downs during scene creation, early termination of renders or crashes.

Signature 

Posted: 06 December 2013 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-01-04

I don’t have the product so I can’t check it for myself, but it wouldn’t surprise me to find that it’s a “locked” CR2 which means it’s no longer EXP compatible.

Open Arduino’s WWG CR2 in a text editor and within the first six or so lines you should see either, 1) a “figureResFile” line that points to V4’s OBJ, or 2) a “readScript” line that points to V4’s CR2.

If it’s 2 then it should still be EXP compatible, however if it’s 1 then the channels are locked, and you will have to do a serious amount of “hacking” to make it EXP compatible again, and that is something even I wouldn’t take on.

Not sure if it was P9 that got it first or if it was an earlier version, but in Poser you can add new channels with an INJection PZ2 with or without a PMD file, and without the need for python scripts.

Sadly in DS we have to get a lot more creative to add extra channels.

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 06 December 2013 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-25
Bejaymac - 06 December 2013 07:45 AM

I don’t have the product so I can’t check it for myself, but it wouldn’t surprise me to find that it’s a “locked” CR2 which means it’s no longer EXP compatible.

Open Arduino’s WWG CR2 in a text editor and within the first six or so lines you should see either, 1) a “figureResFile” line that points to V4’s OBJ, or 2) a “readScript” line that points to V4’s CR2.

If it’s 2 then it should still be EXP compatible, however if it’s 1 then the channels are locked, and you will have to do a serious amount of “hacking” to make it EXP compatible again, and that is something even I wouldn’t take on.

Not sure if it was P9 that got it first or if it was an earlier version, but in Poser you can add new channels with an INJection PZ2 with or without a PMD file, and without the need for python scripts.

Sadly in DS we have to get a lot more creative to add extra channels.

I don’t have it but from what I’m deducing from the OP, it most likely is a locked cr2.  You could hack or you could generate a new cr2 with ExP capabilities for the figure.  The bigger issue the OP has is he wants to use several different morph packs, some of which have ERC that may conflict. 

P9 can add channels but the ExP exporter is much easier to use in this case.  Actually with the newer versions of Poser, I have found I prefer PMD’s.  It’s a personal thing.  I know many users who have had bad experiences with PMD’s in lower versions still think of them as evil but SMS has made significant improvements in the past 2 updates.

Creative to add extra channels?  Creative how and why?  Is there something I’m not seeing in this?

Signature 

4 of 4