Posted: 05 December 2013 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1747
Joined  2008-11-10
cosmo71 - 05 December 2013 11:25 AM
Male-M3dia - 05 December 2013 11:22 AM
cosmo71 - 05 December 2013 11:11 AM

genesis and genesis 2 female are good products with lots of possibilities that`s for sure and I did and do try to get my character Dixie to it and also run the skin converter and it looks great until it comes to the lower area (hip region) there you can see the old borders of the texture. And the texturing for the gen product for genesis does not work correctly. for genesis 2 female I just had to inject the converted hip texture and all was fine, the same on genesis would leave half of the prop without texture and tilling was not a solution and doesn`t also brought the needed result. So genesis is not a solution for me. Is the only thing genesis 2 female but as written after running the skin converter you can see borders (hip/inner thigh region)

Well to be honest, you’ll probably have to start looking into editing textures, because it seems to me your complaint is that you can’t get the textures to look right, since there are no textures specifically for the genesis gens for your specific texture. That’s not really an issue with genesis or genesis 2, but getting textures to work for you. I had a similar issue with converting some textures for Gen2Male, which is a bigger issue because there is no conversion at all for the gens portion of the texture. But that’s not really an issue with Genesis, as I have textures for genesis that will work for it.

But I’ve been practicing more with photoshop and the map transfer tool and between both I can take the hip from my M4 texture and the gens from another figure and use photoshop to piece a new gens together for my personal use. This way I can reuse what I have, and I’m sure you can do the same as well to get the textures looking the way you want for your figure. ‘Rotica even has morphs for the G2F gens and between those, you can get an equivalent look for your character.

I know, have these morphs wink but I have no photoshop :(

Gimp may help as well.

Posted: 05 December 2013 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3149
Joined  2004-04-25
Male-M3dia - 05 December 2013 10:45 AM
Richard Haseltine - 05 December 2013 06:46 AM

ExP does add new channels - the CR2 just readscripts a set of master-list pz2s, which are created by the CreatExPFiles utility, which in turn read the channel and ERC details for the morphs so that theya re there ready for the deltas to be loaded by injection. The CR2 never needs to be changed for an ExP update.

No, the createExPFiles recreates the base figure CR2 based on in the child directories. This is why an older CR2 will not inherit any new ExP products until you re-run the script. So if you have a CR2 with WWG in it, it will not inherit any additional ExP channels because WWG in not a ExP product to begin with. I believe that it was made around the time morphs++ and possibly elite was out. It will not have any other additional products in it unless you decide to hand edit the file to put the references in.

When I created several M4/V4 products using ExP, one of the first tech support questions I would get would be because the customer would install the product (which runs the createExPFiles script), then load up an old CR2 that does not have the references to my product in it and would ask why they do not see my morphs. That’s because they have to load in a new M4/V4 CR2 from the DAZ People folder which contains the new references and add their old injections from products back in.

This is one of the primary reasons that I do use genesis, since ExP was basically a precursor to the dynamic morph system that does not require injections. I can add as many custom morphs to a product as I want and not have to worry if they loaded or if I have to reload my old morphs.

Genesis aside, can I or can I not take a new V4 cr2, add custom channels that are not in conflict with preexisting channels, save the new cr2 under a new name and still be able to inject morphs like the morphs++ package?

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 05 December 2013 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10
icprncss - 05 December 2013 11:33 AM

ExP does add new channels - the CR2 just readscripts a set of master-list pz2s, which are created by the CreatExPFiles utility, which in turn read the channel and ERC details for the morphs so that theya re there ready for the deltas to be loaded by injection. The CR2 never needs to be changed for an ExP update.

No, the createExPFiles recreates the base figure CR2 based on in the child directories. This is why an older CR2 will not inherit any new ExP products until you re-run the script. So if you have a CR2 with WWG in it, it will not inherit any additional ExP channels because WWG in not a ExP product to begin with. I believe that it was made around the time morphs++ and possibly elite was out. It will not have any other additional products in it unless you decide to hand edit the file to put the references in.

When I created several M4/V4 products using ExP, one of the first tech support questions I would get would be because the customer would install the product (which runs the createExPFiles script), then load up an old CR2 that does not have the references to my product in it and would ask why they do not see my morphs. That’s because they have to load in a new M4/V4 CR2 from the DAZ People folder which contains the new references and add their old injections from products back in.

This is one of the primary reasons that I do use genesis, since ExP was basically a precursor to the dynamic morph system that does not require injections. I can add as many custom morphs to a product as I want and not have to worry if they loaded or if I have to reload my old morphs.

Genesis aside, can I or can I not take a new V4 cr2, add custom channels that are not in conflict with preexisting channels, save the new cr2 under a new name and still be able to inject morphs like the morphs++ package?

The new morphs you create using ExP would be in separate channels that will not conflict with other products or use the community or DAZ injection channels. Because morphs++ is ExP, those are already set aside as well (as well as other DAZ morphs products such as elite, muscle or ethnic morphs). ExP creates channels for your morphs that aren’t in conflict with anything else. So that would be yes.

Posted: 05 December 2013 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-25
Male-M3dia - 05 December 2013 11:39 AM
icprncss - 05 December 2013 11:33 AM

The new morphs you create using ExP would be in separate channels that will not conflict with other products or use the community or DAZ injection channels. Because morphs++ is ExP, those are already set aside as well (as well as other DAZ morphs products such as elite, muscle or ethnic morphs). ExP creates channels for your morphs that aren’t in conflict with anything else. So that would be yes.

Thank you for your help in this.  I was getting ready to bang my head against a wall.

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2013 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2003-10-09

No, Richard is correct.

Whether or not a CR2 is setup to utilize ExP is separate from what DzCreateExPFiles does.  The utility does not modify a CR2.  The utility [re]generates the “middle man” (primary) PZ2 files, based on the contents of the actor named subdirectories, each time it is executed.  Those primary files are referenced by a CR2 file that has been configured to use the ExP system.

When a new CR2/PZ3 is saved, the readScript statements that were in the ExP enabled CR2 originally loaded are not preserved - the contents of the file is read (Poser) or imported (DAZ Studio) and converted to internal data structures; the statements in the file are discarded once the files are finished being processed.  This is why saved CR2s will not load ExP products that were added after a given save occurred.  The CR2 exporter in DAZ Studio provides an option for generating a CR2 that “Uses ExP.”  The ExP Export plugin for DAZ Studio (FST or CCT) provides a visual interface for defining/producing the secondary “product” files.

PowerLoader Core is DzCreateExPFiles ported to DAZ Script, with the addition of a visual interface, a developer mode and an edit mode.  PowerLoader Developer executes PowerLoader Core in developer mode and is used for generating configuration files for said interface.  PowerLoader companion scripts invoke PowerLoader Core configured for a specific figure.  The PowerLoader plugin provides a context menu item on ExP enabled figures that executes PowerLoader Core in edit mode.

Delta INJection/REMoval, Community Channels and DAZ Channels (generation 3) are a precursor to ExP.

ExP (generation 4.2/4) is a precursor to the automatic loading of certain assets (i.e. properties, morphs, UV sets, etc) in TriAx figures (generation 5)... which actually extends beyond figures and into DAZ Studio native props as well.

-Rob

Signature 

- Documentation Center
- Install Manager
- DAZ Studio 4.x
- DSON Importer
- DSON File Format Specification

Posted: 05 December 2013 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10
rbtwhiz - 05 December 2013 12:38 PM

No, Richard is correct.

Whether or not a CR2 is setup to utilize ExP is separate from what DzCreateExPFiles does.  The utility does not modify a CR2.  The utility [re]generates the “middle man” (primary) PZ2 files, based on the contents of the actor named subdirectories, each time it is executed.  Those primary files are referenced by a CR2 file that has been configured to use the ExP system.

When a new CR2/PZ3 is saved, the readScript statements that were in the ExP enabled CR2 originally loaded are not preserved - the contents of the file is read (Poser) or imported (DAZ Studio) and converted to internal data structures; the statements in the file are discarded once the files are finished being processed.  This is why saved CR2s will not load ExP products that were added after a given save occurred.  The CR2 exporter in DAZ Studio provides an option for generating a CR2 that “Uses ExP.”  The ExP Export plugin for DAZ Studio (FST or CCT) provides a visual interface for defining/producing the secondary “product” files.

PowerLoader Core is DzCreateExPFiles ported to DAZ Script, with the addition of a visual interface, a developer mode and an edit mode.  PowerLoader Developer executes PowerLoader Core in developer mode and is used for generating configuration files for said interface.  PowerLoader companion scripts invoke PowerLoader Core configured for a specific figure.  The PowerLoader plugin provides a context menu item on ExP enabled figures that executes PowerLoader Core in edit mode.

Delta INJection/REMoval, Community Channels and DAZ Channels (generation 3) are a precursor to ExP.

ExP (generation 4.2/4) is a precursor to the automatic loading of certain assets (i.e. properties, morphs, UV sets, etc) in TriAx figures (generation 5)... which actually extends beyond figures and into DAZ Studio native props as well.

-Rob

This is kind of what i’m saying though. You still need to load from the CR2 that’s in the DAZ People folder in order to get the new ExP definitions instead of using older CR2s, which what I was really getting at and the DzCreateExPFiles needs to be run in order to get the new definitions since the CR2 can’t be edited.

Posted: 05 December 2013 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-25

Rob

If I generate a cr2 using the cr2 exporter configured to use ExP, am I then able to use the CCT or FST (I have both) to create extra channels over and above the DAZ Channels and the Community Channels? 

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2013 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15812
Joined  2003-10-09
icprncss - 05 December 2013 01:32 PM

Rob

If I generate a cr2 using the cr2 exporter configured to use ExP, am I then able to use the CCT or FST (I have both) to create extra channels over and above the DAZ Channels and the Community Channels? 

If it’s a new figure yes, for V4 you don’t need to export a CR2 as you already have one - all you need to do is export the new morphs with ExP Exporter (taking care to include any ERC links as well as the morphs themselves).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 05 December 2013 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1522
Joined  2010-06-29

men this is level is a bit to high for me smile I ask myself why ds has limited v4.2 and m4.2 with just these 50 cc channels, why not hundred? so other vendors creating morphs and stuff have much more possibilities.

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 05 December 2013 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

my problem is that I have some breast morphs that I want to have for v4.2 like swing up/down, swing left/right and some more but I can`t use them because they get in conflict with CC`s I need for my overhaul for DS and for the Bendmorphs for the glute I have. As written, it worked to change the CC channels for the glute into DC channels so these and overhaul do not get in conflict but the breast morphs I can`t change (knowledge base) the morphs for the breasts so it seems are just scripts loading deltas which have the channels. SO I have had a look at the deltas (each) the only I was able to fix was the swing up/down because the do not effect athor actors than the chest but if it comes to the side morphs also collars are involve and the abdomen.

One propblem is that overhaul also have influence on different actors so it is to much for me to check all. I am a totally newbe on this matter, I just want to render :(

Signature 

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 05 December 2013 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9714
Joined  2007-11-06
cosmo71 - 05 December 2013 02:47 PM

men this is level is a bit to high for me smile I ask myself why ds has limited v4.2 and m4.2 with just these 50 cc channels, why not hundred? so other vendors creating morphs and stuff have much more possibilities.

That’s the exact problem ExP was invented to solve—ExP lets you add new channels, hundreds, thousands, however many you need, and each channel dedicated to a particular morph, as opposed to CC channels which cannot be increased and which can get overwritten if you try to use two morphs which are using the same channel.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 05 December 2013 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2625
Joined  2007-12-07

I think what is being asked is, given a figure that is a ‘clone’ of V4 (which CAN take the Morphs++ INJections), how does one (in simple steps) manage to get it to take the NBM and NGM Morphs?
I must admit hat I, too, would be curious as to how you’d go about this as so much of DS is terra incognita for me!

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 05 December 2013 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
SimonJM - 05 December 2013 04:10 PM

I think what is being asked is, given a figure that is a ‘clone’ of V4 (which CAN take the Morphs++ INJections), how does one (in simple steps) manage to get it to take the NBM and NGM Morphs?
I must admit hat I, too, would be curious as to how you’d go about this as so much of DS is terra incognita for me!

exactly smile simple quick and easy, I am a hobby “artist” no professional cr2 and morph creator, second thing is, my english is just the english I have learned in school 25 years ago, it is not my mother tongue.

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2013 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-25
cosmo71 - 05 December 2013 02:47 PM

Actually from what Richard has stated, it’s not limited.  You can use the ExP exporter function to create more channels.  You need to include any ERC links and the morphs when you do the export.

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2013 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15812
Joined  2003-10-09

One thing to try is opening the add-on in a text editor and search for “readscript” - if it’s readscripting the old, non-ExP, CR2 then editing that to point to Victoria 4.2 might fix the non-loading standard morphs, though not any conflicting use of the legacy channels

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

3 of 4