Digital Art Zone

2 of 4
V4.2 vs. Genesis V5 and Genesis 2 Female V6 and the V4 morph tools
Posted: 04 December 2013 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13644
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, ExP creates new morphs - that’s how V4 is able to manage with a single CR2 file, instead of having to have a new CR2 for each large morph expansion (and then not being able to mix morphs from different expansions without going through Morph Manager or the like). I don’t know how WWG works - if it is well designed it should be reading the original V4 CR2, or at least using the same morph loading scripts, in which case running the update utility for V4 should also update WWG. However I do seem to recall a long thread trying to sort out some problems with this expansion so it may not be able to handle additional morphs.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 04 December 2013 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1468
Joined  2010-06-29
Richard Haseltine - 04 December 2013 04:11 PM

Yes, ExP creates new morphs - that’s how V4 is able to manage with a single CR2 file, instead of having to have a new CR2 for each large morph expansion (and then not being able to mix morphs from different expansions without going through Morph Manager or the like). I don’t know how WWG works - if it is well designed it should be reading the original V4 CR2, or at least using the same morph loading scripts, in which case running the update utility for V4 should also update WWG. However I do seem to recall a long thread trying to sort out some problems with this expansion so it may not be able to handle additional morphs.

the wwg2 loads the V4 CR2, yes, but the morphs like morphs++ and elite I had to inject manually. The injection channels and all other stuff is there automatically.

I don`t know why I can`t inject nbm or ngm to this figure, I have no clue, maybe the wwgII is a poser figure that uses the V4.2 Geometry and CR2 files, no idea.

Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 04 December 2013 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

well, I have had a look to the Exp exporter but I think that goes a bit to deep into the subject matter. Would be good to have a morph package like this one I have suggested for the DS-Channels but creating a morph package by myself, that is not what I want to do, this is just a hobby and I just want to create scenes and render them, I do not want to create morphs.For this I need to know how this stuff works (programming the figure and such things and that is not my thing and before I can create a morphs I have to check in each single part if this channel is used in some way, to much work for one who only wants to render scenes)

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 04 December 2013 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

time for me to go offline now. until tomorrow. bye

Signature 

Posted: 04 December 2013 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06

The whole point of ExP is to add new channels for new morphs without having to modify the .cr2

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 04 December 2013 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1574
Joined  2008-11-10
fixmypcmike - 04 December 2013 07:26 PM

The whole point of ExP is to add new channels for new morphs without having to modify the .cr2

Actually you will need to recreate the CR2 as you can’t add channels a cr2. ExP just allows it to have specific channels without overwriting morphs in current ones. Actually, all the fix products were perfect candidates for this tech, but a lot of them are poorly set up (ok, almost all of them, except for one product actually that I help set up using ExP), so that you really can’t mix them with other products or custom morph products as they all compete for the same channels rather setting up individual channels for their products.

One of the most popular ones, I offered to set up using ExP, but the vendor didn’t want to customers to recreate their CR2s… but the setup is a complete disaster as it takes up a good chunk of the community channels and the DAZ controlled ones… and any other products will break the product if their morph channels are added.

Posted: 05 December 2013 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13644
Joined  2003-10-09

ExP does add new channels - the CR2 just readscripts a set of master-list pz2s, which are created by the CreatExPFiles utility, which in turn read the channel and ERC details for the morphs so that theya re there ready for the deltas to be loaded by injection. The CR2 never needs to be changed for an ExP update.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 05 December 2013 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2557
Joined  2004-04-25
Richard Haseltine - 05 December 2013 06:46 AM

ExP does add new channels - the CR2 just readscripts a set of master-list pz2s, which are created by the CreatExPFiles utility, which in turn read the channel and ERC details for the morphs so that theya re there ready for the deltas to be loaded by injection. The CR2 never needs to be changed for an ExP update.

I’ve been reading all of Rob’s tech notes in wiki.  It will take me a while to sort through all the information. 

ExP can add additional channels to an existing cr2 rather than requiring the creation of new cr2 as had to be done with prior generations. 

So if I create custom morphs, I can create additional channels for them and leave the existing DC and CC channels open for other existing morphs that have been coded for them?

If this is the case, can I also create additional channels, edit existing morphs that would otherwise compete for the same CC and assign them to the new channels?

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 05 December 2013 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
icprncss - 05 December 2013 09:11 AM

I’ve been reading all of Rob’s tech notes in wiki.  It will take me a while to sort through all the information. 

ExP can add additional channels to an existing cr2 rather than requiring the creation of new cr2 as had to be done with prior generations. 

So if I create custom morphs, I can create additional channels for them and leave the existing DC and CC channels open for other existing morphs that have been coded for them?

If this is the case, can I also create additional channels, edit existing morphs that would otherwise compete for the same CC and assign them to the new channels?

for the records, that is exactly what I want to know, too.

second thing, has anyone an idea why I can`t inject nbm or ngm to the wwg2 figure? v4.2 is okay but not the wwgII.

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2013 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10

No, the createExPFiles recreates the base figure CR2 based on in the child directories. This is why an older CR2 will not inherit any new ExP products until you re-run the script. So if you have a CR2 with WWG in it, it will not inherit any additional ExP channels because WWG in not a ExP product to begin with. I believe that it was made around the time morphs++ and possibly elite was out. It will not have any other additional products in it unless you decide to hand edit the file to put the references in.

When I created several M4/V4 products using ExP, one of the first tech support questions I would get would be because the customer would install the product (which runs the createExPFiles script), then load up an old CR2 that does not have the references to my product in it and would ask why they do not see my morphs. That’s because they have to load in a new M4/V4 CR2 from the DAZ People folder which contains the new references and add their old injections from products back in.

This is one of the primary reasons that I do use genesis, since ExP was basically a precursor to the dynamic morph system that does not require injections. I can add as many custom morphs to a product as I want and not have to worry if they loaded or if I have to reload my old morphs.

Posted: 05 December 2013 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Male-M3dia - 05 December 2013 10:45 AM

No, the createExPFiles recreates the base figure CR2 based on in the child directories. This is why an older CR2 will not inherit any new ExP products until you re-run the script. So if you have a CR2 with WWG in it, it will not inherit any additional ExP channels because WWG in not a ExP product to begin with. I believe that it was made around the time morphs++ and possibly elite was out. It will not have any other additional products in it unless you decide to hand edit the file to put the references in.

When I created several M4/V4 products using ExP, one of the first tech support questions I would get would be because the customer would install the product (which runs the createExPFiles script), then load up an old CR2 that does not have the references to my product in it and would ask why they do not see my morphs. That’s because they have to load in a new M4/V4 CR2 from the DAZ People folder which contains the new references and add their old injections from products back in.

This is one of the primary reasons that I do use genesis, since ExP was basically a precursor to the dynamic morph system that does not require injections. I can add as many custom morphs to a product as I want and not have to worry if they loaded or if I have to reload my old morphs.

well I think hand editing the file is something I am not able to do (knowledge base for this)

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2013 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

genesis and genesis 2 female are good products with lots of possibilities that`s for sure and I did and do try to get my character Dixie to it and also run the skin converter and it looks great until it comes to the lower area (hip region) there you can see the old borders of the texture. And the texturing for the gen product for genesis does not work correctly. for genesis 2 female I just had to inject the converted hip texture and all was fine, the same on genesis would leave half of the prop without texture and tilling was not a solution and doesn`t also brought the needed result. So genesis is not a solution for me. Is the only thing genesis 2 female but as written after running the skin converter you can see borders (hip/inner thigh region)

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2013 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

other question, I have added the smoothing modifier to my character and change some values like: weight from 0.5 to 0.2 and secondary weight from -0.5 to -0.2 memorized the figure, locked the values memorized the figure new and saved the character as scene. after new loading the scene the values are at 0.2 and -0.2 but not locked and I have to memorize the figure new so that these values and not 0.5 and -0.5 are set after restoring the figure during work. normally everything you lock will be locked after new loading if you have saved the scene with these locked values, but not these two.

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2013 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10
cosmo71 - 05 December 2013 11:11 AM

genesis and genesis 2 female are good products with lots of possibilities that`s for sure and I did and do try to get my character Dixie to it and also run the skin converter and it looks great until it comes to the lower area (hip region) there you can see the old borders of the texture. And the texturing for the gen product for genesis does not work correctly. for genesis 2 female I just had to inject the converted hip texture and all was fine, the same on genesis would leave half of the prop without texture and tilling was not a solution and doesn`t also brought the needed result. So genesis is not a solution for me. Is the only thing genesis 2 female but as written after running the skin converter you can see borders (hip/inner thigh region)

Well to be honest, you’ll probably have to start looking into editing textures, because it seems to me your complaint is that you can’t get the textures to look right, since there are no textures specifically for the genesis gens for your specific texture. That’s not really an issue with genesis or genesis 2, but getting textures to work for you. I had a similar issue with converting some textures for Gen2Male, which is a bigger issue because there is no conversion at all for the gens portion of the texture. But that’s not really an issue with Genesis, as I have textures for genesis that will work for it.

But I’ve been practicing more with photoshop and the map transfer tool and between both I can take the hip from my M4 texture and the gens from another figure and use photoshop to piece a new gens together for my personal use. This way I can reuse what I have, and I’m sure you can do the same as well to get the textures looking the way you want for your figure. ‘Rotica even has morphs for the G2F gens and between those, you can get an equivalent look for your character.

Posted: 05 December 2013 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Male-M3dia - 05 December 2013 11:22 AM
cosmo71 - 05 December 2013 11:11 AM

Well to be honest, you’ll probably have to start looking into editing textures, because it seems to me your complaint is that you can’t get the textures to look right, since there are no textures specifically for the genesis gens for your specific texture. That’s not really an issue with genesis or genesis 2, but getting textures to work for you. I had a similar issue with converting some textures for Gen2Male, which is a bigger issue because there is no conversion at all for the gens portion of the texture. But that’s not really an issue with Genesis, as I have textures for genesis that will work for it.

But I’ve been practicing more with photoshop and the map transfer tool and between both I can take the hip from my M4 texture and the gens from another figure and use photoshop to piece a new gens together for my personal use. This way I can reuse what I have, and I’m sure you can do the same as well to get the textures looking the way you want for your figure. ‘Rotica even has morphs for the G2F gens and between those, you can get an equivalent look for your character.

I know, have these morphs wink but I have no photoshop :(

Signature 

2 of 4