Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
Help needed, please: M4 Skins Auto Converter For G 2 Males
Posted: 29 November 2013 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  461
Joined  2011-04-18

I installed Michael 4 for G2M and Michael 4 Skins Auto Converter For Genesis 2 Males. The converter works fine with clothes, but I didn’t find out how to use it on skins. Any time I try to apply a Michael 4 skin to Genesia 2 Male (M4 shaped or not) by double-clicking the skin mat, nothing happens. If I go to the G2M Materials and click ‘Set Michael 4 UV’, the figure looks very strange. Maybe someone can tell me what to do with this converter… Thank you!

Posted: 29 November 2013 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2004-03-28

Same problem as you, was researching this.
I can answer one part.
When you select Michael 4 as the uv’s, it already has M6 texture applied.
So it is taking the M6 texture off ( you can adjust back by reselection M6 as the UV)
Cannot answer why new m4 skins don’t work.
If I find out before there is an answer will advise.
I also have a lot of M4 skins.
Luck

Posted: 29 November 2013 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-18

Thank you, bicc39, maybe someone knows the answer. A short Read Me would have been helpful.

Posted: 29 November 2013 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-03-28

Got it, I think
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/33197/
I am not usually in the position of helping anyone so forgive me
Where we might have been wrong was assuming that the convertor converts the jpeg maps from
m4 to m6. What it does is convert a .png file from m4 to m6.
Now.
Load Genesis 2 Male into DAZ,  with the figure selected convert the uvs to m4 you already know
how to do that because as you mentioned your existing textures (m6) appeared off.
Now go to Genesis 2 male script and select the convertor.
A brief pause here.
The folders for my m4 files are all located in separate Runtime folders.
inside my folders there are a few sections, Textures, Geometries. etc and .....Librarys.

Where we were making the mistake,probably. was trying to load Jpegs from the texture folder.

Go to the library folder and look for the M4 name of which you wish to convert look for a png file
It should read something like Kenny mat complete
It is this file that is converted.
My thanks to Mari at forum mentioned.
Hope this helps

Posted: 30 November 2013 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-18

Thank you! I’ll try it…. smile

Posted: 30 November 2013 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1438
Joined  2005-03-16

I just want to collect what you have said in these posts into a single entry that explains how to use both Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male and the M4 Skins Autoconverter from start to finish.  To clarify, the M4 Skins Autoconverter does not convert the skins themselves to new uvs, it converts the skin presets (.cr2, .mc6, .dsa, etc.) to fit the current figure and ready to save as a .duf. 

1.  Load Genesis 2 Male.  He will load with the default skin and have Base Male as his UVs.

2.  If the M4 texture preset you want to use is already in .DUF format, you simply need to click the preset and it will apply the M4 skin to Genesis 2 Male.  The .duf preset used may or may not apply the M4 uvs when clicked.  If it does, then you are all set.  If it does not, use the Set M4 UVs preset located in your Scripts folder (also located in Materials/Masculine/Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male) or set the UVs manually by selecting the surfaces in the Surface Pane and apply Michael 4 from the UV dropdown list.

3.  If the M4 texture preset you want to use is NOT in .DUF format (such as .pz2, .dsa, .ds, .mc6) it will not be directly applied to Genesis 2 Male.  Clicking one of these presets will do nothing because they do not contain the correct placement information to change the surfaces with the M4 textures (same thing with Generation 5 textures that are not saved in .DUF such as Dave for M5 which has .dsa files)

4.  Click the M4 Skins Autoconverter preset located in your Scripts folder (labeled New Surfaces for Old G2M).  A window will pop up telling you to Select the MAT file you want to load to G2F (should say G2M).  Navigate to the folder containing the .pz2, .mc6, or .dsa that you would like to apply to Genesis 2 Male.  For M4 textures, these are usually in one of two places:  /Runtime/Libraries/Pose or /Runtime/Libraries/Materials.  For M5 textures, they can usually be found in /My Library/People/Genesis/Characters or /My Library/People/Genesis/Materials.  You will only see the thumbnail icons in this window.  This is to make it easy to see what you are trying to find.  Double click on the .png thumbnail of your chosen texture.

5. Autoconverter will apply all the textures included in the chosen preset.  In most cases, it will apply the M4 UVs, but if it does not, you can do so by following the steps at the end of #2 above.

6.  The final step is to save the newly placed skin to .duf format so you may use it again in the future.  You will need to save the presets to your DAZ folder, not in the /Runtime folder where the original files were saved.  I have a folder called Converted for G2M that I save all my new conversions to.

7.  If you do not own the M4 Skins Autoconverter, you can create these .duf files manually by loading Michael 4 or Genesis 1 into the scene, use your current .pz2, .mc6, etc. presets to apply the skin, then save as .duf.  Then open Genesis 2 Male and apply the newly created .duf to him.  Using the autoconverter makes it much simpler and more convenient than the manual method, so I do recommend it.

I hope this clears up any confusion about the difference between the two products and how to use them.  Mods, please consider linking to this post when the question comes up again.

Signature 

My DAZ Store Page  UVSetterGen2  Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 30 November 2013 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-18

Thank you, Slosh. Now I think it’ll work. N.B.: Your autofit for the clothes is very good!

Posted: 30 November 2013 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-03-28

Thank you very much, very useful and informative.

Speaking on behalf of Polka Dot and myself wish we had it earlier.

Because of the failings of DIM, I install items by downloading and copying
and pasting into folders.
There has, of late, been a scarcity of Documentation and Readme to accompany the
product. Nor is there anyplace in DAZ to research.

Since yesterday,have been using and practicing with these tools.
They work fine, and are a tribute to the people who created them.

Would have been better if we did not have to resort to methods like this
to find out how they work.

Again thank you.

Posted: 30 November 2013 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16

We, as vendors, are required to provide readme information when submitting our products.  There is a section on our submission form for typing the information, which can then be accessed using the info button in DIM.  For those who don’t use DIM, one should still be able to access the readme online by going to docs.daz3d.com and searching for the item you are looking for.  Unlike some other sites, DAZ vendors are not required to put the readme in the downloaded file, although many choose to do this anyway.

Signature 

My DAZ Store Page  UVSetterGen2  Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 30 November 2013 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-03-28

Great… and the doc on DAZ for this,
Michael 4 Skins Auto Converter For Genesis 2 Male
is where?
Thank you

Posted: 30 November 2013 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
bicc39 - 30 November 2013 05:56 PM

Great… and the doc on DAZ for this,
Michael 4 Skins Auto Converter For Genesis 2 Male
is where?
Thank you

This one may have been missed during the slew of M6 products.  I know mine was missing the first day, but was restored when I pointed out that it was missing.  I’ll let DraagonStorm know so she can contact DAZ and get it put up on DAZ Docs

Signature 

Posted: 30 November 2013 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-03-28

Thank you very much!!!!!

Posted: 03 December 2013 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-02-28

Great information in this this thread. But I work with Poser Pro 2012.  Does Slosh’s converter help me if I only use Poser?  He does list DSON Importer for Poser as compatible software but I want to make sure it works for Poser alone before purchasing.

Posted: 03 December 2013 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1716
Joined  2008-11-10
Sanghad - 03 December 2013 02:53 PM

Great information in this this thread. But I work with Poser Pro 2012.  Does Slosh’s converter help me if I only use Poser?  He does list DSON Importer for Poser as compatible software but I want to make sure it works for Poser alone before purchasing.

No, you need to use DS, as the script only runs there. Also the skins converter is a product by Draagonstorm. Slosh’s product is the M4 UV/Clone for Genesis 2 male.

Posted: 03 December 2013 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-02-28
Male-M3dia - 03 December 2013 03:20 PM

No, you need to use DS, as the script only runs there.

Boooo :(    I have no idea how to use DS and after pulling my hair out for 3 days attempting to get the DSON Importer for Poser to work, I haven’t the energy to earn another piece of software.

Thank you for helping me save $11 smile

Posted: 03 December 2013 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1716
Joined  2008-11-10
Sanghad - 03 December 2013 03:24 PM
Male-M3dia - 03 December 2013 03:20 PM

No, you need to use DS, as the script only runs there.

Boooo :(    I have no idea how to use DS and after pulling my hair out for 3 days attempting to get the DSON Importer for Poser to work, I haven’t the energy to earn another piece of software.

Thank you for helping me save $11 smile

It’s really not that hard to set it up. I can use both softwares to get what I need to get done wink

1 of 4