Michael and Victoria 6 HD Add-ons Now Availalbe
Posted: 26 November 2013 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1304
Joined  2010-09-29
Storypilot - 26 November 2013 04:50 PM

Very cool!
Can you elaborate on what happens when these morphs are mixed with other morph sets?
My assumption is that it is adding nuance specifically to the V6 and M6 morphs, and those nuances may or may not look appropriate on say Gia, but that V6 dialed in and then adjusted with some evolution morphs would retain most of the HD benefit, but I don’t know if I’m correct thinking that way.

I haven’t done any testing, but I think as long as you are shaping your figure on top of V6/M6you should get decent results.  Keep in mind that these HD details were sculpted on top of Victoria 6 and Michael 6 and are designed to be additive for to those figures.  You can definitely add them onto Gia, Girl 6 etc, but I can’t guarantee that the results will look great.

Posted: 26 November 2013 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1697
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

DAZ_jared - 26 November 2013 05:25 PM
Storypilot - 26 November 2013 04:50 PM

Very cool!
Can you elaborate on what happens when these morphs are mixed with other morph sets?
My assumption is that it is adding nuance specifically to the V6 and M6 morphs, and those nuances may or may not look appropriate on say Gia, but that V6 dialed in and then adjusted with some evolution morphs would retain most of the HD benefit, but I don’t know if I’m correct thinking that way.

I haven’t done any testing, but I think as long as you are shaping your figure on top of V6/M6you should get decent results.  Keep in mind that these HD details were sculpted on top of Victoria 6 and Michael 6 and are designed to be additive for to those figures.  You can definitely add them onto Gia, Girl 6 etc, but I can’t guarantee that the results will look great.

I have an example of mixing the HD morphs into a non-M6 character where I took a render I did of Dan by FWArt, and mixed in the HD morphs.  It did bulk his shoulders a little, but there was no noticeable decreasing of the ‘Dan-ness’ of his face.  Some extra detail in the ears and lips, some more in the collar and throat, and the hands.  Nothing that really threw me for a loop, just…a little extra detail.  It also didn’t particularly affect my render time at all.

I’m not, you know, 100% sure that it worked, but it definitely made changes, and they looked just fine.

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 26 November 2013 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1579
Joined  2009-08-08

What does it do to the poly count? I remember that V4/M4 were about 68,000 polys and I could never get more than about 4 human figures into a scene and be able to render it.

It’s been stated that Gen2 is some 22,000 polys, standard. What are they in HD?

ETA: I am assuming that these can use whatever textures have been converted to gen5 .duf. That they do not need special HD textures.

Posted: 26 November 2013 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  133
Joined  2008-05-20

Any chance of putting together a package if the textures only, so Carrara users don’t have to pay for what they can’t use?

Posted: 26 November 2013 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1238
Joined  2011-09-13

Thanks for the answer DAZ_jared, that confirms how I was thinking of them, and thanks Cypherfox for the link to your render, I could see some impact from the morphs especially in the hands and neck details.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 27 November 2013 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2248
Joined  2012-02-04

If you apply a texture that uses displacement to a model that uses HD morphs, are you supposed to zero out the texture displacement?

Posted: 27 November 2013 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2248
Joined  2012-02-04

Another question: Are the MEGA 1 and MEGA 2 coupons for M6 supposed to apply to the HD products? It tells me the coupon is invalid when I try it on either the M6 HD morphs or the bundle.

Posted: 27 November 2013 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  422
Joined  2013-03-26

The coupon doesn’t work for these products.

Signature 

My gallery~
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/166/

Posted: 27 November 2013 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  827
Joined  2008-04-29

Here is M6 HD with the new Bjorn texture. Render time is really slow, SSS doesn’t help. I would only use these for portraits or they would kill my computer too. But very nice. i haven’t played with V6 HD yet.  Looks OK with M4 morph mixed in too.

Image Attachments
bjorn.jpg
 Signature 

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
My deviantART gallery: http://lucia45.deviantart.com/

Posted: 27 November 2013 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1330
Joined  2005-03-16

I decided to try both HD figures, with their Elite textures “out of the box”.  I didn’t change any material settings except to reduce SSS to 50%, as is my preference.  I also used AoA’s Advanced Ambient light and transmapped hair.  Rendering closer portraits always takes a bit longer than distance shots.  I wanted to really test the render time by throwing a lot at it (2 figures?).  Total render time on this was 1 hr 19 mins.  Not too bad, really.  Next time, I would do more tweaking on the materials, especially V6 lips, which are a bit too specular in this render.  I would also brighten up M6 a bit.

Image Attachments
HD_Couple.png
 Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 27 November 2013 01:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  422
Joined  2013-03-26

Nice renders guys :D

Signature 

My gallery~
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/166/

Posted: 27 November 2013 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2006-10-16

May I ask when the last day of the 51%off sale is?

Posted: 27 November 2013 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2802
Joined  2009-02-24
JOdel - 26 November 2013 06:12 PM

What does it do to the poly count? I remember that V4/M4 were about 68,000 polys and I could never get more than about 4 human figures into a scene and be able to render it.

ETA: I am assuming that these can use whatever textures have been converted to gen5 .duf. That they do not need special HD textures.

I’m not entirely sure what level of subdivision the HD figures use. By default it loads with a visual appearance set at SubD 1, which is the same as standard Victoria/Michael 6 resulting in 85,253 quads. Obviously, the total number of polygons will change depending on the level of subdivision used. SubD level 2 gives 339,432 quads and SubD 3 gives 1.34 million quads.

My guess is it uses subD at level 2 or so, but I don’t really have an easy way to test this.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 27 November 2013 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2008-11-10

Decided to try out the HD with a custom head and shape mixed in…

You’ll have to hunt down my deviantart account for the nude version wink

Image Attachments
TristanM6.jpg

Posted: 27 November 2013 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13948
Joined  2003-10-09
HeraldOfFire - 27 November 2013 05:45 AM
JOdel - 26 November 2013 06:12 PM

I’m not entirely sure what level of subdivision the HD figures use. By default it loads with a visual appearance set at SubD 1, which is the same as standard Victoria/Michael 6 resulting in 85,253 quads. Obviously, the total number of polygons will change depending on the level of subdivision used. SubD level 2 gives 339,432 quads and SubD 3 gives 1.34 million quads.

My guess is it uses subD at level 2 or so, but I don’t really have an easy way to test this.

The HD morphs were created at level 3 - hence 64 times the detail (and polygon count, if you turn the preview level up that far). IN DS the SubD level setting is viewport only, it doesn’t affect renders which are always taken to the limit state in effect; in Poser the SubD level does govern the render.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

2 of 9