Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Polyhedral Dice
Posted: 09 July 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4767
Joined  2011-10-04

Sneak peek: this is not final. I am not pleased with 1024x1024 map, so I will up it to 2048x2048 later. The shader is one that belongs to Supersuit, so no, you won’t get this, but a bunch of basic surface and ubersurface settings which will be easy enough to tweak for your needs. When all is done, you’ll get 2048x2048 maps, presets, objects, and .psd UV map file for your own editing needs, and oh, licensed under Creative Commons, so you can modify, share and use in whatever manner you please.

However, overall pleased with how it came out, and how I did not mess up UV maps this time.

Image Attachments
8-sided_die_sample.png
 Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 09 July 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-05-12
Skiriki - 09 July 2012 01:11 PM

Sneak peek: this is not final. I am not pleased with 1024x1024 map, so I will up it to 2048x2048 later. The shader is one that belongs to Supersuit, so no, you won’t get this, but a bunch of basic surface and ubersurface settings which will be easy enough to tweak for your needs. When all is done, you’ll get 2048x2048 maps, presets, objects, and .psd UV map file for your own editing needs, and oh, licensed under Creative Commons, so you can modify, share and use in whatever manner you please.

However, overall pleased with how it came out, and how I did not mess up UV maps this time.

Looking great smile Thank you very much. Looking forward to seeing the final product smile

Posted: 09 July 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

OH Snap!! Great work Skiriki, makes me feel bad I have not got back into my project for you. I’ll PM you about that tomorrow. I’m waiting on my meds to work after I over did it today.

And Thank you Druw for brining this up, Skiriki is my goto person for nice quick props. I can see a D&D game in my render future.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 09 July 2012 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

What, like the Avengers playing a game of D&D? wink

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 09 July 2012 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Ohhkay. I have 8-sided die done. It did turn out pretty sweet! That’s the good news.

The bad news, sortakinda, is that I am running DS4.5 these days only, so the die has been saved in .duf format, which is NOT compatible with 4.0 or older. Yes, you can get 4.5 for free, and it is Pro version. Just that, if you have plugins, they haven’t been updated to it yet, save for a handful of more important ones. (I have no plugins, so I decided to go with 4.5, since its autofit and other features are MUCH better than 4.0’s.)

The neutral news is that you are, of course, free to convert and redistribute (as long as you attribute the original to me) my dice.

Please read the readmes and the general FAQ of my site. smile

8-Sided Die!

Image Attachments
8-Sided.png
 Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 10 July 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

And 6-sided die joins the fun. Next, Fudge die.

Edit: A quick headsup—I may need to tweak the material presets for the dice; bump values may not be as advertised for all of them. They are, however, fully functional.

Downside: it will be much later today, ‘cause right now I need to go and kiss a bottle of something stern inside ‘cause I’ve been dealing with my mom’s brand of crazy and it depresses me.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 10 July 2012 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

{{{HUGS}}} Skiriki for the Mom thing. Give’s them a GIBBS head swat (NCIS) for using DS4.5. I got plugins. Pouty face here.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 13 July 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-05-12
Skiriki - 10 July 2012 06:13 AM

And 6-sided die joins the fun. Next, Fudge die.

Edit: A quick headsup—I may need to tweak the material presets for the dice; bump values may not be as advertised for all of them. They are, however, fully functional.

Downside: it will be much later today, ‘cause right now I need to go and kiss a bottle of something stern inside ‘cause I’ve been dealing with my mom’s brand of crazy and it depresses me.

Many Many thanks for the work you have put in on this. Grabbed the d8 and d6. Will install them as soon as I update from 4.0 to 4.5. Need to check out which plugins do not work before I do though. Not got many, and I cannot see me using them in the immediate future, so may just go ahead with an update :p

Take your time. Understand life can get in the way of things like this. One of the reasons I have been away from the forums for a short while. Happy to wait for them to be done. Very grateful for the work done.

smile

2 of 2