Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Possible problem with Michael 4 for G2M
Posted: 20 November 2013 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  486
Joined  2011-11-12

Let me start by saying that I’m really getting into the whole spirit of G2 and our latest member. I’m also generally happy with Michael 4 for G2M, but I have noticed there are some… imperfections. So far all the clothes I have have tried fit great. Boots are pretty good too. The biggest problem I have run across is with gloves.

I’ve looked at multiple sets of gloves and none of them look great around the tips of the fingers. I’ve attached a a G1 and G2M picture using the Cyberpunk for M4 limbs.

I’m also attaching a G2M and G2F image of boot autofits. So far it looks like the autofit for G2F is generally better quality, but I have seen some instances where the G2F fits are less than optimal

Basically I’m wondering if other have similar experiences as my own.

Image Attachments
g2_hand_bad.jpgg1_hand_better.jpgautofit.jpgg2f_boots2.jpg
 Signature 

My 3D/DAZ/Poser news blog - DigiSprawl

Posted: 20 November 2013 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2537
Joined  2004-04-25

In the end you are converting clothing from one figure to another.  I’ve been using conversion apps since the P4/PPP days.  First The Tailor and then on to Clothes Convertor and Wardrobe Wizard.  In the end a conversion is just that.  A conversion.  If you compare a conversion to the original conformer applied to the model is was created and rigged for, you will almost always find flaws.  It’s the nature of the beast.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 20 November 2013 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-11-12

Undoubtedly yes, there are always issues with any auto refit method, but the point is that the conversion for glove-like items is much better for M4 > G1 than it is for M4 > G2. I’m not expecting perfection, but getting as close as possible is definitely something I’d like to see. In this case it would be matching what G1 gets. Boots look pretty good, and that can “easily” be fixed with d-formers, Can the fit be improved? Maybe, maybe not. But the gloves…

To demonstrate further here’s a screen capture of G2F wearing gear punk gloves. Perfect? No, but pretty darn good.

Image Attachments
glove_g2f.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2013 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  538
Joined  2011-04-12
jimzombie - 20 November 2013 08:15 AM

Undoubtedly yes, there are always issues with any auto refit method, but the point is that the conversion for glove-like items is much better for M4 > G1 than it is for M4 > G2.

Idea: Just to see what happens, try fitting the gloves M4>G1, then fitting the result to G2.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 20 November 2013 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1571
Joined  2008-11-10

It may help to check the hidden properties of the clothing and dial out any unnecessary body morphs from the clothing.

Posted: 20 November 2013 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1296
Joined  2005-03-16

Hmm, that is interesting.  The gloves I have in my collection came out nicely, but then there are so many that I don’t have to experiment with.  Same goes for shoes.  I know there is a pair of boots that load one foot at a time that I simply cannot get to work with autofit.  They won’t even line up with the legs, that’s how bad it is and they point down to M4 zero pose.  Have no idea why. 

I will take a closer look at the gloves situation, but in the meantime would you mind trying to add a smoothing modifier to the gloves and tell me if that helps?  The smoothing modifier can be added through the submenu in the scene tab under Edit:Geometry:Add Smoothing Modifier

This should help many of your clothing issues to look better, not just the M4 clothes.  Most Genesis and Genesis 2 clothing already has a modifier added, but of course none of the M4 or V4 stuff created long ago will have that.

Again, I will look into the gloves issue, maybe even pick up the set you used in your example.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention smile

Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 20 November 2013 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16

Upon closer inspection, I do see that there are some serious glove issues that I can hopefully improve.  I would like to wait at least a week or so before release an update, in case more issues are brought to attention.  I would rather not release 3 or 4 updates, as you might understand.  Plus, it might take me that long to fix it wink

In the meantime, I do apologize.  As I said before, it’s hard to test every scenario when you don’t own a large library of clothing, and the gloves I tried did look good to me, but as with any product I must fix problems as they are brought to my attention.

Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 20 November 2013 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6505
Joined  2012-09-10

Hey Slosh- congrats on your products! You are a very responsible, responsive vendor and I always know when I buy your stuff that I’m in good hands. I’ll just dub you “Allstate.” smile
Cathie

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
The Art Studio: Thread #4   Product Discussions
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 20 November 2013 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
Novica - 20 November 2013 01:33 PM

Hey Slosh- congrats on your products! You are a very responsible, responsive vendor and I always know when I buy your stuff that I’m in good hands. I’ll just dub you “Allstate.” smile
Cathie

Thanks, Cathie.  Always love hearing from you.  You are a very refreshing, positive voice in the community.  As far as this issue goes, I won’t lie.  I am a bit stumped right now, but I am working on it as we speak.  By the time I am finished, I hope to not only improve this product, but maybe discover some secrets to autofit that might benefit the feature as a whole.  But, maybe I’m dreaming too big smile

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2013 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6505
Joined  2012-09-10

Slosh- Back at you dude smile  You’ve helped out many times when I needed you. Check your PM.
Cathie

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
The Art Studio: Thread #4   Product Discussions
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 20 November 2013 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3087
Joined  2007-06-22

Thank you for looking into this, and trying to correct it.

Posted: 20 November 2013 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
scorpio64dragon - 20 November 2013 02:33 PM

Thank you for looking into this, and trying to correct it.

Just a little update to keep everyone in the loop.  I have been fiddling with this and have made some improvements already in the gloves and also in the shoes and clothing fits.  I thought they were great before, but then I’m biased, however with a few minor changes I made while playing around, I found a better fitting clone.  The gloves now no longer have the webbed areas between fingers, but I still need to work on the fingertips collapsing (can’t think of a better description).  I have some ideas, just haven’t tried them out yet do to a distraction in regular life.  Soon, is what I say, but that is a Slosh soon, so it actually does mean “in a very short time.”

Thanks for your patience (everyone).

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2013 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-11-12

@ Murgatroyd: it is slightly better this way. I used to use this method for converting boots to work better with G1.

@ Slosh: Thanks for jumping in here. I’m glad to see you’re on it and making progress. I very much appreciate it when content creators take the time to review their products post release. Don’t know if it is still relevant but the image with the Cyberpunk limb did have a smoothing modifier applied to it. Also converted to subd when that didn’t make magic.

Signature 

Posted: 21 November 2013 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  456
Joined  2011-12-18

Thank you for making this great product Slosh and for working on improving it. So far it works so much better for me than the autofit for genesis ever did. Thanks to it I was able to fit M4 clothes to G2M that I wasn’t able to fit to genesis (I admit that I’m not that good at this stuff, but your M4 clone makes it so much easier, almost no tweaking and the clothes look almost perfect). If I notice any issues with it I will post about it in this thread, so far I have found none that couldn’t be easily fixed. : ) Again thank you.

Signature 

My DAZ Gallery
The Art Studio: Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews

Posted: 21 November 2013 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
Tarina Kivi - 21 November 2013 06:28 PM

Thank you for making this great product Slosh and for working on improving it. So far it works so much better for me than the autofit for genesis ever did. Thanks to it I was able to fit M4 clothes to G2M that I wasn’t able to fit to genesis (I admit that I’m not that good at this stuff, but your M4 clone makes it so much easier, almost no tweaking and the clothes look almost perfect). If I notice any issues with it I will post about it in this thread, so far I have found none that couldn’t be easily fixed. : ) Again thank you.

I’m so glad to hear you are having success with it.  And please, do post to this thread if you discover any horrible problems.  My updates are going well, still fiddling with the fingers, but I’m getting there.  I want to post a tutorial, possibly a video, to my Free Video Tutorials thread which would highlight some tips and tricks for getting the most out of AutoFit.  So busy right now, though, especially with this new release, but also on some future products.

Signature 

Posted: 22 November 2013 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3087
Joined  2007-06-22

Unfortunately I am finding quiet a few problems.
Here is a screen shot of the Midnight Hunter coat autofitted on both Genesis and Genesis 2 Male, both have problems but the G2M is unusable.
Both have smoothing applied.
Its when I apply smoothing that things often break up using G2M

Image Attachments
Midnightcoat.PNGmidnightcoat2.PNG

1 of 3