Digital Art Zone

3 of 8
Morphing dials not working ?
Posted: 02 July 2012 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2010-06-18

Those are the “Inject” and “Remove”  base morphs for Victoria 4…. What exactly did you delete from the Content library?

Posted: 02 July 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22

I have to ask again are you trying to Morph the shape of V4 or are you trying to Morph the hair? It looks like you are mixing up what items do what. V4 morphs only add morphs to V4. The moprhs that came with the Hair will only add morphs to the hair.

To add Morphs to V4 have it selected in the scene tab when you inject the Base Morphs.
To add Morphs to the hair have it selected in the scene tab when inject the morphs.

Injecting Morphs are what adds the dials that let you change the shape of your items.
You must have the item selected in the Scene Tab to get access to the morphs for the Selected item.
Different items will have no morphs or different morphs in each part of the item you have selected.
To use Expressions on V4 the head needs to be selected to use shaping in some hair items you have to select the part the morphs are in.

Morphs are fun to use once you understand how to use them

I hope this helps you out some.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 02 July 2012 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2012-06-03

I don’t honestly know and that’s the problem so it makes sense to start completely afresh now that I’m more familiar with things and had a dry run…. Actually it’s getting a bit late now as it’s past midnight in the UK so I’ll sort it out tomorrow, but many thanks indeed everyone for all the kind help and advice, and apols for being so slow !

Signature 

“Those curious locks so aptly twin’d,
Whose every hair a soul doth bind.”
Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 02 July 2012 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2010-06-18

Well a good sleep and a fresh start is always good….nite wink

Posted: 02 July 2012 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
Jaderail - 02 July 2012 05:08 PM

I have to ask again are you trying to Morph the shape of V4 or are you trying to Morph the hair? It looks like you are mixing up what items do what. V4 morphs only add morphs to V4. The moprhs that came with the Hair will only add morphs to the hair.

To add Morphs to V4 have it selected in the scene tab when you inject the Base Morphs.
To add Morphs to the hair have it selected in the scene tab when inject the morphs.

Injecting Morphs are what adds the dials that let you change the shape of your items.
You must have the item selected in the Scene Tab to get access to the morphs for the Selected item.
Different items will have no morphs or different morphs in each part of the item you have selected.
To use Expressions on V4 the head needs to be selected to use shaping in some hair items you have to select the part the morphs are in.

Morphs are fun to use once you understand how to use them

I hope this helps you out some.

Sorry just caught this message after I’d posted the previous one.  I need to do both, work on the hair and then the features though not sure which comes first. Thanks for the info above but too tired tonight but looking forward to tomorrow ! grin

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 02 July 2012 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
niccipb - 02 July 2012 05:14 PM

Well a good sleep and a fresh start is always good….nite wink

Definitely and thanks again…..smile

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 03 July 2012 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Edit: Deleted everything this morning as it was getting more and more muddled, so all files uploaded again but now can’t find Victoria files for some reason. Should they all be together in the Daz main folder as I’ve got them filed separately….??

Image Attachments
Fresh_start.JPG
 Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 03 July 2012 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I had Dialysis today Marcuse, I’m in a pretty bad way. I’m going to try to find you some more help, I don’t think I’m clear headed enough or have the strenght to be here today. Please hold on and wait for more help.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 03 July 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13433
Joined  2003-10-09

It looks as if your content folders are off - please post a screenshot showing the dialogue Edit>Preferences>Content Library>Content Directory Manager, with the lists for Current expanded

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 03 July 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Thank you Richard.

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2012 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Thanks.

Hope you feel better soon Jaderail….

Image Attachments
Content_manager.JPG
 Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 03 July 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I need to see the actual folders, please click the triangles next to Poser Formats and DAZ Studio Formats to expand them and post a screenshot of that.

Signature 

Posted: 04 July 2012 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Sorry about that….

Image Attachments
Content_manager.JPG
 Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 04 July 2012 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

OK, you shouldn’t have the folders in the Program Files folder selected at all. The others are either duplicates or, for the third one under Poser Formats, a folder that contains another content folder - and that could well be confusing DS. So, first you need to right-click on all bu the first folder under each heading and remove it, then click Accept. Once you have done that C:Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library will be your one and only content library, listed for both Poser and DS.

The next thing to as is where did you install Victroia 4 - where is the \Runtime\libraries\!DAZ folder located on your computer, assuming it’s there at all?

Signature 

Posted: 04 July 2012 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
Richard Haseltine - 04 July 2012 07:19 AM

OK, you shouldn’t have the folders in the Program Files folder selected at all. The others are either duplicates or, for the third one under Poser Formats, a folder that contains another content folder - and that could well be confusing DS. So, first you need to right-click on all bu the first folder under each heading and remove it, then click Accept. Once you have done that C:Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library will be your one and only content library, listed for both Poser and DS.

The next thing to as is where did you install Victroia 4 - where is the \Runtime\libraries\!DAZ folder located on your computer, assuming it’s there at all?

Thank you. Removed all files except the top one in Daz and Poser ok and installed V4 as in pic below so that I could find them easily, but no sign of Runtime Libraries which is a bit strange as it’s a completely new Daz3D download….

Image Attachments
Content_directory.JPG
 Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

3 of 8