Michael 6 Announcement and Discussion Thread
Posted: 19 November 2013 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2004-09-21

Doing a little math - Starter Bundle

Separate products before discount - about $118
Bundle cost - 100

that only gives a savings of $18 or a 15% discount of bundle vs separate.

If this pricing stands, I think you would be better off just buying the items you truly want over the bundle

I am surprised at the pricing of 165.95 to 124.95 that is a 33% jump in price for less items and in only a few months time.

Signature 

Master the Muse - Journeys into Creativity
http://www.masterthemuse.com/

Posted: 19 November 2013 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2005-07-18
Cypherfox - 19 November 2013 04:21 AM

Greetings,
Okay…  Folks know I’m not usually one to complain.  I love me some DAZ.  I wanted to do a quick render, and I picked Brandon, as I thought he was cool looking.

This is what I got:

Some assets needed to load the file were missingThe content may not work as expected.
The following files could not be found.

/
data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/CTRLFitness.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Head/PHMEyesIrisSize.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/CTRLWeight.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMBodyTone.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/PBMNeckSize.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Head/PHMPupilsDilate.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMBodybuilderDetails.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/SCLNeckLength.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMThin.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/PBMAdamsApple.dsf 

So for once I agree with the downer crowd; the evolution morphs should have been released at the same time. :(

— Morgan

p.s. If this is all a mistake because the Evolution Morphs were supposed to be in the bundle, that would totally explain the price difference, AND why both characters (Logan too!) use the Morph kit.

I agree! Plus, on the product pages for Logan and Brandon they should list the morph kit as a requirement!

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_16.png

Posted: 19 November 2013 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  80
Joined  2005-10-10

WOW! Talk about self-fulfilling prophecies. We constantly hear “male products don’t sell”. So let me get this straight…DAZ raises the bundle prices for Michael 6 (male) significantly over the bundle prices of Victoria 6, Gia 6, Girl 6, etc. (female) and then they wonder why “male products don’t sell”?

I guess they thought that by raising the prices they would not lose as much due to the “MegaPrize” discounts on M6. Definitely not much of a “MegaPrize” if you ask me…a prize, I might add, that you had to spend even more money to get.

Sometimes, I have to sit back and scratch my head….I really wonder how DAZ stays in business with the constant marketing blunders.

I’m hoping beyond hope that it is some kind of mistake on the price, but won’t be surprised if there is no change. Color me disappointed.

Posted: 19 November 2013 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2012-08-14

Yep Logan and Brandon need morphs it seems… I was wondering about this myself thinking I missed something but apparently I didn’t. smile

Posted: 19 November 2013 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2731
Joined  2004-04-25
azoohouse - 19 November 2013 06:22 AM
Cypherfox - 19 November 2013 04:21 AM

Greetings,
Okay…  Folks know I’m not usually one to complain.  I love me some DAZ.  I wanted to do a quick render, and I picked Brandon, as I thought he was cool looking.

This is what I got:

Some assets needed to load the file were missingThe content may not work as expected.
The following files could not be found.

/
data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/CTRLFitness.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Head/PHMEyesIrisSize.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/CTRLWeight.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMBodyTone.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/PBMNeckSize.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Head/PHMPupilsDilate.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMBodybuilderDetails.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/SCLNeckLength.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMThin.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/PBMAdamsApple.dsf 

So for once I agree with the downer crowd; the evolution morphs should have been released at the same time. :(

— Morgan

p.s. If this is all a mistake because the Evolution Morphs were supposed to be in the bundle, that would totally explain the price difference, AND why both characters (Logan too!) use the Morph kit.

I agree! Plus, on the product pages for Logan and Brandon they should list the morph kit as a requirement!

The G2Male head and body morph packs have not been released yet.  If you remember when G2F was released back in May, you had to buy the head and body morphs (separately or in the bundle) if you wanted to use the characters in the V6 bundles.  This is no different. 

No, the morphs aren’t included in the Pro bundle.  The only Pro Suites to come with the morphs were the V5 and M5 Pro Suites that carried higher price tags.  The V5 and M5 Pro bundles never had the morphs included.  The Evolution head and body morphs for Genesis were also a separate purchase.  It wasn’t as noticeable with V5 as there was a gap between the release of Genesis with DS4 and the Evo morphs and the release of V5. 

The store software has been having issues with the listing of required products.  Sometimes the pages list the wrong products, sometimes they don’t list anything.  It’s being worked on.  Given the history of Genesis and G2F preceding the G2M, this is hardly surprising.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 19 November 2013 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2011-06-25

Question: do you need the M4 skins auto converter (http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-skins-auto-converter-for-genesis-2-male-s) if you buy the m4 for genesis male 2? (http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male)

Signature 

~ My Vendor DeviantArt account ~
~ My DeviantArt Stuff ~

Posted: 19 November 2013 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2007-11-09

I’m skipping the whole G2F/G2M line and waiting it out for G3, the return of the unisex Genesis, the way it was originally meant to be. don’t care how long it takes. anyhoot good luck on your sales daz. M6 does look good but ........

Signature 

Eternity’s my home, the Universe my backyard, my mind is a playground, so let’s make it all art. tongue laugh
My little gallery: http://lbamagic.deviantart.com

Posted: 19 November 2013 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2007-11-17

Where do I find the Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials, please?

Posted: 19 November 2013 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2011-06-25
lunchlady - 19 November 2013 07:42 AM

go to ‘my account’ and in the Product Library type in genesis starter essentials

Signature 

~ My Vendor DeviantArt account ~
~ My DeviantArt Stuff ~

Posted: 19 November 2013 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2012-08-14

If you use DIM it would have shown up in the last day or two.
Id not, check your Products in My Account (I believe).

Posted: 19 November 2013 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  392
Joined  2011-05-27

Negative about M6 Release:
- No morphs for characters
- Requirements for morphs not listed on product page
- Morphs are not included in Starter/Pro package which have characters that require them

Positive about M6 Release:
- I adore Brandon
- I adore Logan
- I like the Armor

I hope the morphs and the product pages that require them will be done today.  As I did with the G2Female, I will wait for a while and hope for things to get fixed and straightened out.

Signature 

DAZ Studio 4 Pro user, Poser Pro 2012 user, Bryce 7 Pro user, Vue 8 Complete user, Photoshop CS4 user.

Posted: 19 November 2013 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  213
Joined  2003-10-09

It’s in the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials. They have added a separate download for the Male Starter Essentials.

They have also added templates for Male and Female, I’m pretty sure the Female templates were not there when I last downloaded the Female Essentials.

Posted: 19 November 2013 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2007-11-17
mishwish - 19 November 2013 07:43 AM

go to ‘my account’ and in the Product Library type in genesis starter essentials

Thank you…I thought it was a whole different installer, lol!! I was searching for Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials!!

Thanks!!

Posted: 19 November 2013 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  213
Joined  2003-10-09
Machieltje - 19 November 2013 04:40 AM
Cypherfox - 19 November 2013 04:37 AM

Greetings,

Machieltje - 19 November 2013 04:34 AM

I just noticed the same thing but somehow I fear we’ll have to buy the morphs separately probably after the coupons run out…

They’re better at customer service than that, honestly. They just aren’t very good at product releases. grin  I know they’ll make it right, but we’ll have to wait for the morning.

— Morgan

Hope you’re right not holding my breath though…

The Mega Coupon for Mike 6 says it is for the Mike 6 Bundles. It doesn’t say you can use it on non-bundled items.

The Mega Coupon for Daz Originals has already run out, and it excluded new items anyway.

Posted: 19 November 2013 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3400
Joined  2009-08-05

The Mega Coupon for Mike 6 works on non bundled products as well. I used it 3 times this morning on new M6 releases. Don’t know if its supposed to be like that, but it works.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

3 of 17