Digital Art Zone

3 of 3
NOW AVAILABLE: Long Time Dead for Genesis 2 Male [Commercial]
Posted: 24 December 2013 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2012-11-06

I really love this new Zombie figure, but the rendering times are atrocious.  And I am on an Intel 6-Core.  Can anyone suggest what settings I need to use to speed this up.  Especially if I only want this character in the background, thus not needing all the HD.

Thanks.

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 24 December 2013 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  991
Joined  2005-11-27

I rendered it the other day in Reality in Poser, and I didn’t notice extended render times. Were you rendering the hair too?

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 24 December 2013 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2012-11-06
TheWheelMan - 24 December 2013 06:23 PM

I rendered it the other day in Reality in Poser, and I didn’t notice extended render times. Were you rendering the hair too?

The latest picture I am working on is pretty intense in terms of amount of figures and lights.  But if I hide the Long Dead figure it cuts my rendering down by easily over half the time.  My initial draft/proof renders normally don’t take longer than 10-15 mins give or take.  In my last render (Santa Claus vs. Zombie Apocalypse in the Gallery) I used Long Dead and duplicated the node for a few more of them in the background.  Pretty long render time.  I also noticed that the specularity on this character is really high.  The figure literally looked like it was glowing compared to everything else in the scene.

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 27 December 2013 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2013-11-21

wow, I like the shape of that zombie, it looks scary . wink

Signature 

I like Art, it’s amazing !!smile

3 of 3