Digital Art Zone

95 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6
Posted: 15 March 2014 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1411 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3554
Joined  2004-10-01

@Dave - looks less spooky with the red car, more like a police hold-up with a bright floodlight. Could be a movie scene.

@GussNemo - yours came out nice. The ones with the hypertrexture have a lot of specular.

With the “moon” higher up, there are no shadows in the fog. But I made the trees partly transparent. Rendered premium with 9 rpp in less than 19 hours.

Image Attachments
Creepy.jpg
 Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 15 March 2014 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1412 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15987
Joined  2003-10-09

So I spend ages putting an image together, and then, encouraged by someone I thought was a friend, it gets totally trashed in Filter Forge.

Image Attachments
saxon_scene_5a_copy.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 March 2014 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1413 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1496
Joined  2011-09-25

@Horo:  Thank you.  I too noticed the specular on the trees when I used the hypertexture on the fog material and changed the Fall Off for the radial light to none.  A person in the Gallery even thought the ground plane was water, which in a way it does.  Your latest spooky trees images has a very nice atmospheric quality to it.  And looking at the enlarged version, how you placed the lantern gives me the feeling of a door into that tree.  As though someone/something lives in that tree.

@Pam:  While you may believe that image is ruined, I see it as a tapestry like image.  It has the qualities of the running threads that you see in a tapestry.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 15 March 2014 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1414 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1619
Joined  2007-12-10

Pam: It doesn’t look “trashed” at all.
It’s a great scene and the ‘filter’ maybe a little strong but it certainly gives it an almost watercolour feel like the site artist does on Time Team when he’s illustrating what the village that the team have just been digging would look.

Horo - 15 March 2014 02:45 AM

@Dave - looks less spooky with the red car, more like a police hold-up with a bright floodlight. Could be a movie scene.

With the “less spooky” comment in mind… I did this version. cheese

Image Attachments
FlorencePoster.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 15 March 2014 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1415 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1496
Joined  2011-09-25

@Dave:  In your latest car image I now get a more sinister feeling about that car.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 15 March 2014 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1416 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  146
Joined  2009-10-16

Looks like I’ve been away too long again.
I must try the spooky trees, because that looks great!
Hope to come with renders later!

Posted: 15 March 2014 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1417 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  656
Joined  2010-02-18

Chohole...that’s a great result…reminds me of the screen print technique where background light seeps slightly through the weave…gorgeous.

Savage....can’t wait for the 3D version…;

Jay

Posted: 15 March 2014 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1418 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  484
Joined  2003-11-30
chohole - 15 March 2014 07:42 AM

So I spend ages putting an image together, and then, encouraged by someone I thought was a friend, it gets totally trashed in Filter Forge.

Trashed? Hardly…I agree with the one comment that it looks a bit like a watercolor, which is a good thing. It might be a little dark around the center-right bottom, but overall, it’s a wonderful image. The composition is excellent with the roof top view and the ships and the coastline in the background. I like it and I’d hang it…if I had the wall space.

Posted: 16 March 2014 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1419 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  656
Joined  2010-02-18

Okay, last one…promise. See those silly blue green glasses on your desk, time to put them on wink

Title: Druid

Jay

Image Attachments
druid-stone.jpg

Posted: 16 March 2014 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1420 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@Pam - that’s a very nice village scene. I’m not particularly fond of the filtering effect but then, it looks a bit like a painting on tissue.

@Dave - ok, it’s a movie, then. Promo looks great.

@Jay - I like the anaglyph.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 16 March 2014 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1421 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15987
Joined  2003-10-09

I do have a more normal version saved, also one where I toned down the filter I used

Image Attachments
saxon_scene_5b_copy.jpgsaxon_scene_5a_copy2.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 16 March 2014 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1422 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2705
Joined  2007-05-05

Pam: I really like both of them… all the detail you added is great…looks like they could be oil paintings…from one of the masters…
Haven’t done much lately had a computer bug…..bummer… seems to be gone now…some kind of malware deal….so I am way behind on my comments…but I have been watching and I am really liking every ones renders!!!....Trish

Signature 

Please remember my comprehension level is not the same as a rocket scientist…
Bryce7Pro-Addict…............Darkside-oholic…......Carrara-wannabee
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

Posted: 17 March 2014 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1423 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@Pam - the unfiltered render really shows off what great scene you made, full of details. It looks natural. However, there is always the aspect what the artist intended. The new filtered one looks good, too. The saturation on the first filtered one was probably a bit on the generous side.

Signature 

Posted: 17 March 2014 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1424 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2605
Joined  2004-07-06

New little Wings 3D project Wings 3D project - little Ouroboros critter - by David Brinnen

The example image was made also with the Hue Shift Trick.

Bryce 5 minute scene - TA hue saturation shift trick - a tutorial by David Brinnen

and

Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - high energy gel light and hue shift trick - by David Brinnen

Horo did a good job achieving spookyness without the fog shadows and the partially transparent trees is an interesting idea and very effective in that image.

Pam, I found the first example a bit extreme, hiding rather too much detail from your original render.  Of the second two, both work for me although the filtered version is a little bit more striking.  So I am torn there since I am always in two minds about postwork.

Dave, everything you do is good!

Jay - 3D Glasses - I have them on hand!  Cool!  As you know I’m a convert to Anaglyphs thanks to Horo’s influence.  Worked for me and my glasses.

Image Attachments
Hue_shift_trick3_ouro1.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 17 March 2014 04:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1425 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
David Brinnen - 17 March 2014 04:01 AM

Horo did a good job achieving spookyness without the fog shadows and the partially transparent trees is an interesting idea and very effective in that image.

Thank you. I combined the two schemes and hope it will be an improvement. I started the render yesterday morning and expect it to finish sometime tomorrow. Interesting shape, the new one.

Signature 

95 of 100