Digital Art Zone

85 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6
Posted: 22 February 2014 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1261 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3338
Joined  2004-10-01

@David - great effect, got to watch that video now.

@hansmar - candles have greatly improved, the red one looks really nice. The flames are not yet as they should be.

@StuartB4 - I haven’t noticed that. With all the new web services DAZ has put up to replace the working ones there are still issues; luckily, mostly minor ones.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 22 February 2014 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1262 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2010-03-25
David Brinnen - 21 February 2014 10:14 AM
c-ram - 19 February 2014 01:04 PM
David Brinnen - 19 February 2014 10:36 AM
bullit35744 - 19 February 2014 08:37 AM

Awesome David!!....Trish

Thanks Trish, here’s another little experiment along the same lines.

Agree with Trish, that’s incredible… I wonder how you can make such fantastic effect by using fuzzy factor in Bryce.

Maybe this will help?

Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - SSS effect for mesh models - by David Brinnen

Also, Mermaid, looking good!  Always nice to see the tutorials getting used.

Really awesome David.. This is the most realistic effect I’ve ever seen in Bryce. However, it’s going to be unrealizable to use it for a landscape..

Once again thank you for the explanation, very technical but so didactic. It’s always a pleasure to watch!

@ orbital : can’t wait to see the final result of your next sci-fi scene! You and Lown are my favorite artists in this kind of style.

Posted: 22 February 2014 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1263 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

I gave David’s SSS video a try, though I incorporated a slightly smaller copy of the object within and not behind the main one. This makes manipulating the object as a group possible. I also used the same HDRI as for the specular map but specular convolved as backdrop. I think this gives a nicer contrast than just a white sky. I also set TIR to 2. Rendering with 36 rpp is a bit on the low side but less than 15 minutes is an acceptable time to wait.

1. MatCreators Alien Artefact 15.
2. xyzrgb-Dragon from the Stanford Scanning Repository.
3. Ditto, I just inverted the colours and rendered with 64 rpp (22 minutes).

Image Attachments
VideoTest01.jpgVideoTest11.jpgVideoTest12.jpg
 Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 22 February 2014 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1264 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2645
Joined  2007-05-05

Horo: Really nice!! The alien thing could almost be some kind of plant life

Signature 

Please remember my comprehension level is not the same as a rocket scientist…
Bryce7Pro-Addict…............Darkside-oholic…......Carrara-wannabee
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

Posted: 22 February 2014 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1265 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15143
Joined  2003-10-09

These fascinate me, I think the blue dragon is better than the orange one, but then blue is my favourite colour.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 22 February 2014 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1266 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2645
Joined  2007-05-05

I wanted to play with my dragon too….just for the fun of it…...Trish

Image Attachments
dragon3.jpg
 Signature 

Please remember my comprehension level is not the same as a rocket scientist…
Bryce7Pro-Addict…............Darkside-oholic…......Carrara-wannabee
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

Posted: 22 February 2014 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1267 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  132
Joined  2005-08-28

Hi Folks;

Haven’t been around for a couple of days - we got hit with major snow storm ( I’ll have to put up some photos later ) Spent a few days plowing, getting stuck with my plow truck. (You know it’s bad when you are stuck with a high ground clearance 4x4 that normally can go anywhere and you get stuck on a city street - then friends and family try to pull you out with 2 other 4x4 vehicles and they start getting stuck in the process. ) Finally had to pay an old friend $35 to come with his wrecker. Hope this is last great snow of season as I plow for several friends and family members as well as my own yard and we all have run out of room to put snow.

Then to top it off, we dumped our cable company for our phone / internet service and went back to our AT&T and got a very nice high speed router/modem/wireless unit. My Internet has never been so fast before… Happy Days again !!

@  Orbital:  Really love your sci-fi scene - Reminds me of an old Analog sci-fi magazine cover - Nicely done. Looking forward to seeing the final version.

@  Hansmar:  Candles are really coming along nice - Have to agree with Horo that the flames still need a minor bit of work ( Don’t they always - I always hate trying to do realistic flames myself.

@  David:  Nicely done on the SSS Experiments - Will have to make a point of checking out your tutorial on that. Beautiful job.

@  Mermaid:  Really enjoyed your scenic sea scene (Say that 5 times fast) Love the lighting effect thru the rocks formation.

@  Horo:  Very nice on the SSS technique you applied - Especially love the dragon images. ( I think someone else mentioned it already but I agree the other model has a very alien look to it. The I took another look and I see it is an alien artifact as such - Cool… (Love all stuff alien)

@  Trish:  Last but no least - Got a kick out of your dragon scene - Very adorable little guy. Poor little guy seems a bit overwhelmed in that terrain…

Have a great day folks - Off to visit with some of the grandkids downstairs as Mel babysitting today.

Bruce

Signature 

Fan-atic over Bryce, DAZ Studio, Paint Shop Pro and my Photography
My Bryce Freebies http://www.sharecg.com/goshtac
My Art & Photography Web Site:    http://www.goshtac.com/
My Renderosity Hangout: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?userid=381287

cool smile   Bruce Davey /  aka GOSHTAC

Posted: 23 February 2014 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1268 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2011-09-25

Was out of town the entire past week.  Fortunately weather was very nice.

@Bruce:  Like what you’re doing creating streets.  Did you remember all the utilities?

@hansmar:  Your candles look good.  I like the flames on the first series over the second.  The reason being the flames in the second image are broken at the tips to the point they’re bits of flame.

@Dave:  Really like the lens flair scene, love the play of light on the buildings.  And the doodle is right up there.

@TLBKlaus:  I’m really struck how vibrant your latest abstracts look.  I drool every time I see a new one.

@David:  Love how stunning the color is on the dragon.  To me, the look of the armadillo has a very green jade look to it. 

@orbital:  What you’ve done so far is fascinating.  Will like to see it when it’s completed.  Planets will really make it zing.

@mermaid:  Fabulous scene.  I agree with Horo about the light rays.  It’s just a fantastic scene.

@Trish:  Neat looking scene.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 23 February 2014 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1269 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2523
Joined  2004-07-06

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding my SSS experiment and video.

Horo, I think the blue is better, the orange one seems a tad glowy.  The process is deeply fiddly though and subjective - so it is entirely possible someone else might have the reverse view.

Here’s another example using Horo’s Grarage Closed HDRI as a backdrop and source for the reflection map in the material channel.

Image Attachments
Fuzzy4_purple_d5.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 23 February 2014 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1270 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@David - yes, it’s fiddly to balance the values for the outer and inner layer. The Happy Buddha looks great.

Below a test render I made following my memo I made from David’s video. The memo can be found on my website (see sig). Go to Bryce Documents > Memos > Materials > Advanced SSS Effect.

Both objects were made in Wings3D some time ago. The colours used are the opposite or complementary ones, rendered with 256 rpp in less than 1-1/2 hours.

Image Attachments
MemoTest.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 23 February 2014 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1271 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
Horo - 23 February 2014 10:42 AM

@David - yes, it’s fiddly to balance the values for the outer and inner layer. The Happy Buddha looks great.

Below a test render I made following my memo I made from David’s video. The memo can be found on my website (see sig). Go to Bryce Documents > Memos > Materials > Advanced SSS Effect.

Both objects were made in Wings3D some time ago. The colours used are the opposite or complementary ones, rendered with 256 rpp in less than 1-1/2 hours.

Wow!  That worked really well.  Particularly so for the green one, the one on the right, internally is a little aglow for my tastes, but the one on the left looks spot on to me.

Here’s what I’ve just rendered right now.

Image Attachments
P54_AB_preview_mix3_eg.jpgP54_AB_IBL_render_example1.jpgP54_AB_HTgel_render_example1.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 23 February 2014 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1272 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2004-05-09

Postwork done

Image Attachments
sall_we_go.jpg

Posted: 23 February 2014 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1273 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  207
Joined  2003-10-09

I can log in again (yea) ! Turned out to be a DAZ “frontend"cookie problem (thanks Chohole for that).

David - love the caves and your SSS experiments.
Horo - excellent Cospe image and also your SSS studies.
Stuart - really like the Fairy Castle and Water Palace images.
Orbital - stunning!
To all that post and that I missed it sure is nice to see Bryce is still enjoyed by so many!

Here’s some more fooling with Groboto models (booleans in this case). Textured in Bryce and illuminated by one spot and the “Japanese Subway” HDRI. Rendered with TA @64RPP, about 50 minutes to render. Thanks for looking!

Image Attachments
cyltor_2000.jpg

Posted: 23 February 2014 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1274 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@orbital - better!

@David - better? I decreased levels to around 80%.

@Dan - thank you, looking great your Clyator. Good to see you back!

Image Attachments
MemoTest1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 23 February 2014 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1275 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
Horo - 23 February 2014 01:22 PM

@orbital - better!

@David - better? I decreased levels to around 80%.

@Dan - thank you, looking great your Clyator. Good to see you back!

Horo, outstanding!

As is both Orbitals postworked scene and Dan’s Clyator… whatever one of those is?

Signature 

85 of 100