RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2766
Joined  2007-05-05

Previous incarnation was here

chohole: you are so funny heres your piccy

Image Attachments
The_new_portello5.jpg
 Signature 

Please remember my comprehension level is not the same as a rocket scientist…
Bryce7Pro-Addict…............Darkside-oholic…......Carrara-wannabee
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

Posted: 18 November 2013 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2010-02-02

Here’s another. WIP really but every little helps.

Image Attachments
Aston_Martin.jpg
 Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1819
http://stuartbassett0.wix.com/mybrycework

Posted: 18 November 2013 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17049
Joined  2003-10-09

How’s your wife today?

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 18 November 2013 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  299
Joined  2004-11-11

Darn it, I’ve been trying to post for the past few minutes.
I really wish Daz would stop signing me out every so often!  Grrr!
To continue…

chohole - 16 November 2013 02:37 PM

I just won 3rd palce with this render, in the Members Only forum monthly render challenge.

Autumn Sunshine

Wow Pam!  That’s just beautiful, the morning light and the mist have been delicately balanced, and the deer looks suddenly alert.  Great placement, good subject choice, and beautiful lighting, all resulting in a truly wonderful image.
Very well done indeed.

Horo - 14 November 2013 02:36 PM

A new can of worms opened ... HDRI from inside and ground plane refraction at 20. Renders in seconds but you can lose hours playing around.

Wow! What’s making the reflection such a different colour?  That’s excellent.  And I like the idea of loosing hours playing around but the render only takes seconds - that’s what we need for all Bryce renders! Lol.

Okay I’ll post this pic, but I’m not happy with it:

I have since modeled the glass that was giving me nice patterns in the stem, so when I render that, things may improve - except for the glass mat.
I also don’t like the neverending table cloth, so I’ll change locations and try the table cloth mat on something a bit more table-clothy, and a bit less - infinite.
I think I’ll also try reducing the nice cube in size - even though it is giving me nicer distortions.
That plus a different shape glass, and we’ll see.

In the meantime here’s a purple cube:

Image Attachments
TableCloth7.jpgPurple1.jpg
 Signature 

FranOnTheEdge

Posted: 18 November 2013 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2010-02-02

@Chohole.

How’s your wife today?

Thanks for asking.
She is a lot better than yesterday but she has been in since last wednesday.
The antibiotics take a while to kick in but they are working well at the minute.
The hospital told her today she caught the salmonella from eggs.
She was in tenerife at the time last sunday when she got ill but managed to get back to UK
on monday before it really kicked off.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1819
http://stuartbassett0.wix.com/mybrycework

Posted: 18 November 2013 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1775
Joined  2007-12-10

Dave: that is great about Peter will they be for sale in the states????

I won’t know that for sure Trish until a deal is done and I find out what distribution areas they cover.
But I’d like to see them all over the world. smile

I’ve really only just started submitting the concept to the card companies, so it’s early doors yet.
Don’t worry though, you can count on me letting everyone know if and when a deal is finalised. grin

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 19 November 2013 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2766
Joined  2007-05-05

He did not come with a name…...so

Image Attachments
winston2.jpg
 Signature 

Please remember my comprehension level is not the same as a rocket scientist…
Bryce7Pro-Addict…............Darkside-oholic…......Carrara-wannabee
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

Posted: 19 November 2013 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3824
Joined  2004-10-01

@StuartB4 - this is coming along nicely.

@franontheedge - the cube looks very nice, almost a bit satin-ish. The glasses and the cube also look good but the table cloth is too busy. I wouldn’t want to eat on a table with such a cloth on it. The pattern is nice, but I think it hurts the eye here.

@Trish - ah, the characters get names. That is really nice.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 19 November 2013 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  877
Joined  2008-11-26

Horo - I can’t quote from the old thread.

Here are the settings for the pencil sketch with the Haze and clouds which I failed to achieve. If you can shed some light, it will be cool. The Atmosphere Tab, one is according to your settings and the other I adjusted but still no clouds or haze.

Image Attachments
pencil1.jpgpencil2.jpgpencil3.jpg

Posted: 19 November 2013 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  877
Joined  2008-11-26

Trish - mermaid: he is afraid….go to art forum and see….

Then I need to go and check it out there. I just read in another thread that the Brycers keep to themselves and I am on those who visits only the Bryce forum. I don’t use the other products so I don’t see a need to go to the other forums. wink

Dangerlad- the renders on page 100 (old thread) are very nicely done.

Trish – I like the render starting this thread.

StuartB4 - the car render is looking nice.

Franontheedge –the renders look nice. Did you model the glasses in Bryce or Wings 3D?

Posted: 19 November 2013 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2689
Joined  2004-07-06

Something that might be useful for your Xmas cards…

Bryce 7.1 Pro - Snow on trees effect - by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
Snow_on_tree_3.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 19 November 2013 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  299
Joined  2004-11-11
Horo - 19 November 2013 03:04 AM

@StuartB4 - this is coming along nicely.

@franontheedge - the cube looks very nice, almost a bit satin-ish. The glasses and the cube also look good but the table cloth is too busy. I wouldn’t want to eat on a table with such a cloth on it. The pattern is nice, but I think it hurts the eye here.

@Trish - ah, the characters get names. That is really nice.

Well that’s okay then Horo, since it’s unlikely you’ll be able to come round for dinner, seeing that you live so far away.  We on the other hand eat off it all the time - well, we eat off plates actually but the plates are on our table cloth - pretty much exactly like this.
However I think the pattern is too pixelated, I must need a larger sized UVMap for it.

Of course if you are talking about the infinite tablecloth - then I felt that was too much myself which is why I changed the scene so I could use the pattern on something more table-cloth sized, in a scene in a room - Ah… yes, you must be talking about the tablecloth design on the infinite plane - because although I was working on the simpler tablecloth all day yesterday - I forgot to post the result. Hangs head in shame.
Sorry about that.  So… if you are ever in the vicinity of Colchester in Essex UK, and can put up with the tablecloth, you can still come round for lunch. ROFL!
Here’s the result I’ve been talking about - needs larger sized UVMap, needs a different room I think, but I like the floor. Not totally happy with the green vase’s colour/ glass mat and the cube looks lost here…
Um…

Image Attachments
BuildingInteriorTableCloth1Crop.jpg
 Signature 

FranOnTheEdge

Posted: 19 November 2013 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17049
Joined  2003-10-09
mermaid010 - 19 November 2013 04:39 AM

Trish - mermaid: he is afraid….go to art forum and see….

Then I need to go and check it out there. I just read in another thread that the Brycers keep to themselves and I am on those who visits only the Bryce forum. I don’t use the other products so I don’t see a need to go to the other forums. wink

Dangerlad- the renders on page 100 (old thread) are very nicely done.

Trish – I like the render starting this thread.

StuartB4 - the car render is looking nice.

Franontheedge –the renders look nice. Did you model the glasses in Bryce or Wings 3D?

LOL

Sorry was me that said that Brycers tend to not visit other forums.

I used to avoid most other forums like the plague till i got my arm twis…..........Umm I mean until I volunteered to first of all become a CV and then a Mod and so on.

I still would prefer to not visit the other forums too often,  BUT, and there has to be a but, The Art Studio (Where Trish has her render thread) is one of the other forums I did visit regulalrly, it is mostly nearly as friendly as the Bryce forum, because the people there are showing off their art rather thatn getting confrontational.

Hopefully that won’t change now we have the Galleries back.

Nice start to the new version of the thread BTW. 

I bet Rashad never realised when he started the first one that we would have more than 500 pages of images and chat in 18 months.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 19 November 2013 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3824
Joined  2004-10-01

@franontheedge - no offense meant. It looks much better now.

@mermaid010 - I don’t know what’s wrong. Perhaps the cloud colour is wrong. The first and last screenshot are indeed the same, except that that Spherical Clouds is enabled, but that doesn’t make the difference of no clouds. I have added all my settings below. Hopefully, that helps.

Image Attachments
skylab1.jpgskylab2.jpgskylab3.jpgskylab4.jpg
 Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 19 November 2013 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2013-06-12

Good morning, all!

@Trish: Your storyline sounds like it’s coming together nicely. Glad you gave Winston his name. Crabs tend to be crabby when you don’t speak to them properly.  Can big kids buy your children’s book. smile

@Franontheedge: Ah, I see you went to the table cloth idea.  Good work. I wonder why the cloth pixelated on your second version? I like how the cube reflects the green from the vase. Your purple cube is really nice. I like that texture. Oh, and speaking of textures, I downloaded some from your site. Thanks for sharing. Also, you had asked Dangerlad in another thread about a floor texture he used and he couldn’t remember which one it was.  I believe it’s in the Treppenhalle metals.  I found it the other day and have already forgotten the name, but I’ll look tonight and let you know exactly.

@StuartB4: Wow! That’s a snazzy render.  Great work!

@David: Thanks for all the recent tutorials.  The snow effect is very timely. :D

Trying out a new shape and attempting somewhat of a moonlit setting. Not sure I accomplished the effect, but the spheres look nice when rendered. smile Tutorial to follow.

Image Attachments
ArmoredSphere.jpg

Posted: 19 November 2013 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2689
Joined  2004-07-06

I like those shapes Art - and the render is a good one too…  here are some more hypermaterial tests with one of Horo’s artificial HDRs.

Image Attachments
Hyper_spec_response1.jpgHyper_spec_response2.jpgHyper_spec_response3.jpgHyper_spec_response4.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

1 of 100