Saving Poser mats using freebie Daz Script CPM
For a while now I've saved poser pz2 mats using CPM in Daz 3. I've made tons of freebie textures including both Daz and Poser and placed them in the same pose folder. I started making the poser pz2 mat so that my Daz file would show up under the runtime structure.
Fast forward to now. I've been working on a character for selling purposes. Like always I tend to test things as much as possible in anywhich way I am capable of before I send it out to Poser users for testing. So out of curiousity I moved my Daz mat pose file out of the folder with the poser pz2 mat. Then opened Daz and applied the texture to V4 with just the pz2. I noticed it didn't look quite right but all the texture images I created were there. So I scrolled through the surface tab and noticed that some of the numerical settings for Ambient and so on were not saving properly in the pz2s but when the Daz mat and pz2 file are in the folder together the settings I wanted were loaded correctly. So I rummaged through the Daz forum archives and from what I gather is a Poser user would have to adjust ambient and a few other things.
In my opinion if I'm going to offer a character texture set I would want both Daz and Poser users to have the textures applied how I intended them to be without much tweeking. So the way I see it I have a few options.
1. Offer the texture/character sets as optimized for Daz 3 & 4 but with pz2s which may require tweeking in Poser. I fear this option may put people off.
2. Offer as optiimized for Daz only in Poser runtime structure. Again this would cost me potential Poser user sales.
3. Figure out if I can edit the pz2 and input the correct numerical settings for Ambient and so on. (Can this be done?)
4. Offer a portion of the earnings with a Poser user for editing my saved pz2s to reflect the correct numerical settings in Ambient & etc.
5. Get rich, buy poser, learn poser, and then make the pz2s from Poser itself. This option isn't likely to happen for a long while.
6. Pray that someone out there in Daz universe knows of another option so I don't loose out on potential Poser sales.
So does anyone have any suggestions? Is there another tool or something out there that may help me? Do you think selling as optimized for Daz only hurt me?