DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of the DAZ Install Manager - version 18.104.22.168!
What is new in this version?
The 22.214.171.124 version is a maintenance release and fixes or makes improvements to several issues discovered since the 126.96.36.199 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of DAZ Install Manager will be of this version.
1) Updated software used to build the installers; possible fix to nvinit.dll crash of uninstaller during auto-update on Win; also received reports of recent Windows Update and a nVidia driver update contributing to the fix
2) Added context and option menu actions to Show Serial Number; popup provides clipboard copy; must be connected
3) Packages with associated serial numbers now have the ability to install the serial number; must be connected; must be supported by the software/plugin contained within the package; brand new installations of DAZ Studio handle this automatically
4) Made improvements to first time user/customer experience
5) Unified branding/messaging; occurrences of “DAZ 3D Install Manager 1” or variations thereof should all now read “DAZ Install Manager”
6) Made tweaks to the CMS sub-installer; inverted CMS “custom installation” checkbox meaning and default value - users commonly checked the option when quickly progressing through the installer, treating it like the agreement acceptance option
7) The “Ready To Install” page in the application installer has been removed; reduced the number of screens/clicks
8) Fixed issues with file ownership on Mac
9) Added RenderNode versions to Carrara application options
10) Fixed issues resulting from changes in OS X 10.9 that caused some software/plugin installations to fail
How do I get the latest version?
If you have previously installed the Install Manager application and the computer it is installed on is connected to the internet, you can simply launch the application and log into your account. Once connected, you will be notified that an update has been detected and you will be prompted to “Update” or “Work Offline”. Click the “Update” button and the application will take care of the rest.
Optionally, you can locate, download and install the application from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering “Install Manager” into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the “Filter” button, or by clicking here for Windows users, or here for Mac users.
If this is your first time downloading and/or installing Install Manager, simply follow this link, click the “download free now” button on the page and then run the downloaded installer.
*Note: If you are on a computer running the Windows operating system, you have an nVidia based graphics card installed along with another non nVidia graphics card (e.g. an Ivy bridge CPU), you have a recent graphics driver installed and you experience a crash during the uninstaller phase of the update… it is recommended that you download the installer from the Product Library (see above) and run it manually.
Is there any documentation?
Yes, documentation is located here. Clicking the “Help” button in the top right corner of the application main window will launch your [default] browser to the same location.