Digital Art Zone

3 of 5
DSON Importer for Poser 1.1.1.33 General Release, Now Available!
Posted: 17 March 2014 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  984
Joined  2007-11-28
esther - 16 March 2014 06:24 AM

you know what, I haven’t tried importing a properly poserized (the method JP posted about) version in vue recently.  I have done it in the past and I’m sure it will import. It just won’t have the correct UV map I don’t think.
I will have to give it another go.  It should work okay for females at least.

If, when you Poserized it,  you saved an new .obj with the desired uv set and edited the cr2 to point there it shouldn’t be an issue….

Signature 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
\Who gives a Rat’s Keister how many posts I had at the old Forum? LOL

Posted: 01 April 2014 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  297
Joined  2004-08-13

I am going to need some serious assistance here.

The installation documentation tells me how to install all the necessary files by clicking on installers.

But I don’t have any installers. I have zip files.

Is there some documentation that I just missed that explains where to place the folders within those zips?

Thanks muchly.

Posted: 01 April 2014 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  986
Joined  2005-11-27
Velvet Goblin - 01 April 2014 12:54 PM

The installation documentation tells me how to install all the necessary files by clicking on installers.

Is there some documentation that I just missed that explains where to place the folders within those zips?

Thanks muchly.

Drag the runtime folder, found inside the Content folder in the zip file, into your Poser program folder. The folder where the program is installed, not your content.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 01 April 2014 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-08-13
TheWheelMan - 01 April 2014 12:56 PM

Thanks muchly.

Drag the runtime folder, found inside the Content folder in the zip file, into your Poser program folder. The folder where the program is installed, not your content.

I figured out where the DSON importer itself was supposed to go because the file structure is a Poser file structure. No problem.

However, the remaining files referenced in the installation documentation are nowhere to be found. Instead what I have:
Genesis2FemaleStarterEssentials, Genesis2MaleStarterEssentials, GenesisStarterEssentials. There are no “Genesis Starter Essentials for Poser”, and the other three zips do not have a Poser file structure, leading me to believe that they don’t belong in the main Poser runtime.

Posted: 01 April 2014 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-28

In the Temp folder of the DSON Importer zip there is also an installer for the MS Visual C Libraries, if you don’t have them installed already….

Signature 

Posted: 01 April 2014 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  986
Joined  2005-11-27
Velvet Goblin - 01 April 2014 01:03 PM

Thanks muchly.

I figured out where the DSON importer itself was supposed to go because the file structure is a Poser file structure. No problem.

However, the remaining files referenced in the installation documentation are nowhere to be found. Instead what I have:
Genesis2FemaleStarterEssentials, Genesis2MaleStarterEssentials, GenesisStarterEssentials. There are no “Genesis Starter Essentials for Poser”, and the other three zips do not have a Poser file structure, leading me to believe that they don’t belong in the main Poser runtime.

Log in to your DAZ account, go to the Product Library, and search for Starter Essentials. Those are the actual Genesis and Genesis 2 files.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 01 April 2014 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-28

Thanks muchly.

Don’t install any content to your main Poser Runtime; just the Importer.

I created a folder called DAZ Content that I installed the Starter Essentials and Poser companion files to.  Drag the runtime folder from each of those archives to the folder you created and add that folder to the Poser Library as an external Runtime…

EDIT the content folder can be anywhere on your computer outside of the Program Files heirarchy.  I put min on the same as the folder that contains the Poser Content Runtime.

Signature 

Posted: 01 April 2014 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-08-13
WandW - 01 April 2014 01:08 PM

Thanks muchly.

Don’t install any content to your main Poser Runtime; just the Importer.

I created a folder called DAZ Content that I installed the Starter Essentials and Poser companion files to.  Drag the runtime folder from each of those archives to the folder you created and add that folder to the Poser Library as an external Runtime…

Poser Companion files?

OH!

GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF (and Genesis2FemaleStarterEssentialsPoserCF, etc) ??

<lightbulb goes on>

The names of the files have changed. Got it. Thank you. That makes sense.

Posted: 01 April 2014 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-28
Velvet Goblin - 01 April 2014 01:12 PM

Poser Companion files?

OH!

GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF (and Genesis2FemaleStarterEssentialsPoserCF, etc) ??

<lightbulb goes on>

The names of the files have changed. Got it. Thank you. That makes sense.

Be sure to install both the DSON Core and Poser Companion files…. smile

Signature 

Posted: 01 April 2014 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-08-13

Thank you very much for your assistance. You provided exactly the information I needed, when I needed it.

Genesis2 is now loading in Poser. smile

Posted: 09 April 2014 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2003-10-09

I have finally taken the plunge and purchased some Genesis 2 content, including V6, to try out in PoserPro 2014.  Like the previous poster, I had a lot of trouble figuring out where to put the various files, but now I have gotten the DSON Importer to work and have done my first renders.  But I still have one problem - Poser keeps asking me for a file named “com.obj”, and I cannot find such a file anywhere in the Genesis Starter Essentials (or anywhere else on my computer, for that matter).  Can anyone tell me where to find such a file and what it is?  Thanks.

Posted: 10 April 2014 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13654
Joined  2003-10-09

Just com.obj with no path?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 10 April 2014 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes.  I searched all through Genesis Starter Essentials and could not find such a file.  Could it be in DSON somewhere?

Posted: 10 April 2014 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13654
Joined  2003-10-09

It sounds odd - I was asking if the missing file error gave a path, to indicate where it should be.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 10 April 2014 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-28

It should be in your Poser Pro 2014 content under Runtime\Geometries\Balance\  It will be compressed, so look for com.obz

Signature 

3 of 5